I hope you've had an enjoyable holiday break. I have! I love holidays and made mine last as long as I could - in fact, I'm still in a bit of a holiday mood. We spent a luxurious few days at a place called 'Sea Change' - a beachside bed and breakfast at Middleton which you may have noticed, has inspired me to write next month's feature article. Seriously, we loved swimming in their salt water pool so much that soon after we came home I was out in the backyard with a tape measure to see where we could fit in our own salt water pool.
A few days later, some friends dropped by to check out our newly landscaped backyard, and said, "You know, this spot here would be perfect for a pool, Tania. Have you considered that?" Well as a matter of fact ... sure have! It was so great to get the message a second time. Thanks Leila : - )
Now that I'm back in the swing of things, I have realised that I'm well on my way to living my dream and just how much I love my work as a coach.
Although I've been coaching now for 3 years, today is the official 1st year anniversary of the Blue Sky Coaching website, so I thought it would be the perfect day to launch my new monthly e-zine.
Let me know what you think!
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
| Feature Article: 10 Reasons to Clear Clutter
Dedicated to Michael, Sam and my many business, executive and life coaching clients who tick the 'FALSE' box in response to the following statements on their Personal Checklist*: "I don't let paperwork pile up", "My home/office is generally clean and tidy" and "I don't acquire clutter".
Would you like to simplify your life? Do you have 'stuff' you don't use or don't love, things or areas in your life that are messy, disorganised, need fixing, unfinished, past their 'use by' dates or too many things in too small a space? Then you've got clutter.
Clutter isn't only physical, it can be emotional and mental too.
There are many ways we deal with clutter. One is to ignore it, hoping it will magically go away or sort itself out. Another way is the "wait-until-I-die-and-let-my-relatives-sort-it-out" approach. Or, there is the highly recommended taking responsibility for your stuff approach and clearing your clutter.
If you need some motivation to get you to clear your clutter, here are 10 great reasons, from Karen Kingston's book "Clear your Clutter with Feng Shui."
Had enough? Are you now ready to clear your clutter. Do you need some help?
- Having clutter can drain your energy: Stagnant energy that stacks up around clutter causes tiredness and lethargy. Clearing it frees up the energy and releases vitality in your body. Start by clearing just a small area and notice how quickly energy seemingly comes to you from nowhere.
- Having clutter can keep you stuck in the past: When all your available space is filled with clutter, there is no room for anything new to come in. You tend to look back rather than forward in your life, blaming the past for your current situation rather than taking responsibility for creating a better future and moving forward.
- Having clutter can congest your body: People that live with clutter generally do not take enough exercise, carry excess weight, feel blocked up and often have colds.
- Having clutter can confuse you and distract you from important things: When surrounded by clutter, it is more difficult to make decisions and almost impossible to have clarity about what you are doing.
- Having clutter can make you procrastinate: If you have a lot of clutter you will tend to put off doing things until tomorrow because the clutter stagnates your energy and makes it difficult to get yourself to do anything.
- Having clutter can make you feel ashamed: You may have reached the stage where you are surrounded by so much clutter and mess that you feel ashamed when other people see it.
- Having clutter can depress you: The stagnant energy of clutter pulls you down and can make you feel depressed. Feelings of hopelessness are compounded by clutter. If you feel so down that you can't even begin to think about clearing your clutter, at least get your clutter off the ground which will lift your energy and spirits too.
- Having clutter can be a health and/or fire hazard: It can come to this!.
- Having clutter can make you disorganised: Can't find anything? Don't know which pile, box, corner it's in - can't get to the corner? Are you constantly searching for things with no real idea where they maybe? Being disorganised wastes time and makes you feel like a failure. Living with your clutter keeps you disorganised and sabotages you.
- Having clutter can cost you financially: Do you have so much stuff that you have a junk room? Is your rent money or mortgage paying for you to house junk? What a waste! Then, there's the cost of buying something to house [or hide] your clutter in, like storage boxes, shelving, cupboards, wardrobes, drawers, filing cabinets. Then, there is the cost of cleaning, which takes at least twice as long as you not only need to clean the space but the objects that clutter it. Then there is the cost of protecting the clutter from the weather, temperature, pest control, insuring it and even having a security system to guard it. Finally, there is the time, expense and emotional energy it costs you to get rid of it when you eventually realise what it is costing you.
Check out the chapters in Karen's book on how to clear your clutter and on staying clutter free. The sooner you get started, the better you'll start to feel.
Then again, if you don't have time to read it or get started now because you are 'too busy', consider delegating some of your tasks to free up your time or get yourself some hired help. You'll be so glad you did.
* Personal Checklist: A tool I use as part of one-to-one business, executive, life and workplace coaching sessions.
For more free tips on staying focused, overcoming procrastination and reaching your goals, or to find out more about one-to-one business, executive or life coaching and arrange a no obligation session with Tania, visit the Blue Sky Coaching website at www.blueskycoaching.com.au.Tania can be contacted, Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm on (08) 83383134 or 0411 471 941 or by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
| Group Tele-Coaching: 2005 Intentional Resolutions
||2 new tele-coaching groups commencing March 9, 2005 at 8am and 8pm!
If you want to achieve you goals in 2005, join me for a 'fun and inspiring' 10 session, monthly group tele-coaching series.
For as little as *$27 per session you can be on the way to realising your dreams. Special preview calls will be held with registered participants on March 2,2005.
For more details or to register on-line click here
Investment: $360 [payable in 3 instalments of $120] or *SAVE $90* and pay the Early Bird Price of only $270, if you pay by Feb18.
| Summer Special Competition
Over $300 value! Drawn February 28, 2005 so enter now! Simply click here or on the competition image to enter for your chance to WIN a copy of "Coach Yourself Into Action: How to get what you want with 7 Simple Strategies" by Mary Lou Johns PLUS a 90 minute one-to-one coaching session with me.
| The Energy Tapping Workshop
How would you like to learn a way to quickly release stress, anxiety, physical pain, low self-esteem, control your fears - like public speaking, spiders, flying - and deal with your self-sabotaging beliefs, behaviours and other negative emotions and patterns? Several years ago, I discovered a fascinating technique for doing all of this called Energy Tapping, also known as E.F.T. [Emotional Freedom Technique].
To find out more about my upcoming 3-hour workshop on Saturday morning, February12, 2005 or to register on-line simply click here or click the Energy Tapping Workshops button.
Investment: $75 [includes morning tea and workbook]
| Next month: Thinking about a Sea Change?
Are you are a baby boomer dreaming of a sea change?
Then you may be interested in a session that Iíll be presenting at the CPA Business Jigsaw entitled "Are you a Baby Boomer Dreaming of a Sea Change? Don't Just Dream, Make It Happen!".
See the Conference Brochure for more details.
When: 3:30pm - 5:00pm on Thursday, March 10th
Where: Holiday Inn, 65 Hindley Street, Adelaide
The session is open to CPA Australia members [accountants] as well as non-members.
Tickets from CPA Australia: $165.00
Bookings: 1300 85 77 05 [8am - 6pm EST, Mon - Fri].
A special *thank you* to all of my clients for your custom and referrals and for inspiring me each day. Without you, living the dream would not be possible for me. And many, many thanks to Peter - my web guy, Julie - my personal assistant and Rick - my wonderful husband for all of your amazing help, love and support behind the scenes.
| Sponsors and Advertisements
Ever imagined having a personal assistant at home? Lifestyle Elements is a personal concierge & lifestyle management service. They are here to assist you with the dilemma of not having enough time in your day. Lifestyle Elements provides professional, personalised service, linking you to a network of ideas, support and service providers to complete all those items on your 'to do' list. There is no job too big or small for Lifestyle Elements. From errand running and grocery shopping, to holiday planning and birthday parties ...their services are only limited by your imagination. Contact Abbie Martin and take advantage of Lifestyle Elements' FREE initial consultation' and discuss further how they can assist you.
p: 08 8234 8657, f: 08 8234 9485, e: email@example.com. Visit their website at www.lifestyleelements.com.au.
Do it or delegate it! Stress Less can help you manage the "cause and effect" syndrome. If something causes you to feel overwhelmed or ineffective, it will result in you being less efficient and successful! The variety of services offered by Stress Less are delivered personally and professionally by Julie Perrin with integrity and reliability in accordance with your needs and wants, in combination with Julie's observations whilst working with and for you - in your home or office.
In engaging the services of Stress Less, you are taking the first steps to:
** managing your environment, and
** developing a personal strategy to assist you achieve your goals.
Stress Less can provide a realistic assessment and will assist you regain the order in your personal or professional life. Act now!
Call Julie m: 0412 673 890 to discuss how you can help yourself be or do all the things you want or need to do.
Reading this Ad? Then why not place yours here.
Do you have a relevant product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SoHo business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about?
To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot, e-mail Tania your details today at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.