Well, this last month has been all about babies for me. Three of my girlfriends have had new babies (as opposed to old ones, that is).
And, in the process, I have discovered bunny rugs. I bought some for Tan, one of my girlfriends and she was absolutely thrilled.
I was thrilled too, because I had no idea what I was doing, however managed to buy exactly what she wanted and with a jungle theme to match her new little man's room.
Well done girls! With some luck, maybe I'll be next.
Fingers crossed anyway.
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
| Feature Article: 10 Ways to Boost Your Energy
Do you wish you had more energy? Do you often feel drained, even after a good night's sleep? If so, you may be suffering from emotional fatigue.
Did you know, energy experts such as endocrinologists, nutritionists and specialists in sports medicine say that physical energy sources only supply us with 30% of our total energy needs? So, even if you were in perfect physical health, had the perfect diet and did the perfect amount of exercise, all that would only give you 30% of the energy you need.
The remaining 70% we need comes from emotional energy. Emotional energy is what gives us an energetic mind, heart and soul. Imagine all that in an energetic body.
If you could use a boost in emotional energy, try one or more of these strategies to beat emotional fatigue and top up your energy:
- Don't underestimate the benefits of sleep: Nothing has more healing properties than sleep. Even if you think you've been getting enough, get some more.
- Stop buying into someone else's expectations for you: Life is too short to be spending it living up to someone else's expectations of us. Make living up to your own expectations of yourself, your top priority and be realistic about them. You can do a quick reality check by asking yourself, 'Would I expect the same from someone else?'
- Clean up any unfinished business: Deal with it one way or another. Finish it or forget about it. Make a decision. Having things hanging in the air, over our heads and lots of loose ends is a big energy drain.
- Don't get stuck with your losses: Bad things have happened to all of us, so don't let your losses define you. Every ounce of emotional energy we tie up with loss and the past prevents us from experiencing what's possible in the present.
- Find someone to confess your darkest secrets to: Are you feeling guilty? Do you think you have done something terrible? Then find someone you trust to confess to. They don't need to be a religious figure, although that may help. Confession is not only good for the soul, but also frees up the energy that you are spending covering up and feeling bad.
- Loosen your ties with anyone that drains you: Do whatever it takes to limit your exposure to people that drain you and increase the amount of time you spend with people who lift your spirits.
- Don't take yourself so seriously: The more we think that what we do matters immensely, the more we tend to choke, panic and suffer.
- Remember, worrying is optional: And, it's always a bad option. Do you worry a lot? We so often waste time and energy worrying about things that will never happen. So, stop worrying.
- Enjoy yourself: Think of three things you love to do that make you happy and do them. Start with just having more fun doing whatever you are doing today.
- Splurge on yourself with something that you find beautiful or uplifting: Better still, allow or ask someone who cares about you to splurge on you. Flowers are a great reminder of the wonderful things in life as well as of new beginnings.
For more free tips on staying focused, overcoming procrastination and reaching your goals, or to find out more about one-to-one business, executive or life coaching and arrange a no-obligation session with Tania, visit the Blue Sky Coaching website at www.blueskycoaching.com.au. Tania can be contacted, Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm (Adelaide CST), on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 or by e-mail on email@example.com.
| Join 2005 Intentional Resolutions, 17 August
||If you would like to be part of a fun and inspiring telecoaching group for three months and enjoy the process of achieving your business and personal goals this year, while applying creative topics to inspire you, register your interest now.
The next opportunity to join in will be from Wednesday, 17 August 2005, 8pm - 9pm (Adelaide CST) for three sessions. Our monthly topics will be: Tapping into your intuition, Anti-goals and Letting go.
Sign up now at the *Special Early Bird* Price of $75, available only until 30 June 2005. Book Now!
| Autumn Special Competition: Drawn 31 May!
If you haven't already entered my Autumn Special Competition, enter now. Over $300 value! Drawn 31 May 2005.
Simply click on the competition image to enter for your chance to WIN a copy of Sea change: Australians in pursuit of the good life by Cindy Dowling PLUS a 90-minute introductory one-to-one business, executive or life coaching session with me.
Are you ready to let go of your negative emotions, such as anger, guilt, anxiety, physical pain such as migraine headaches, low self esteem, control your fears - like public speaking, spiders or flying - and deal with self-sabotaging beliefs, behaviours, addictions and other negative patterns?
Energy Tapping, also known as EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is an amazingly quick and easy mind/body healing treatment that can help you with any of these things.
To book a 45-minute, one-on-one session with Tania, call 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134. In-person and telephone sessions available by appointment between 8am and 8pm, Adelaide (CST), Mondays to Fridays.
| Next month: Are You Ready to Go for New Goals?
As we draw near to the end of another financial year, now's the traditional time for business owners to be setting new budgets and business goals.
Or, perhaps you're just ready to create some new personal goals for your life. Maybe both!
Next month we'll talk about creating and achieving our goals and dreams.
This month, each new client that has come to me has been the result of a word-of-mouth referral from my existing and past clients, friends and associates.
Thank you for your referrals. As you know, working with my clients means I can live my dream!
| Sponsors and Advertisements
June 3, 4, & 5 2005
Don't miss your chance to visit Australia's first ecolivingexpo!
Solar energy, conservation, organic garden design, recycling, skin care, energy-efficient housing, ethical investment and so much more in a showcase of products and services that promote environmental responsibility and contribute to a sustainable future.
The ecolivingexpo also coincides with World Environment Day.
Check out our new and emerging lifestyle trends at the ecolivingexpo, 9am to 5pm, June 3, 4 and 5, 2005 at Ridley Centre, Wayville Showgrounds, Adelaide SA. For more details go to www.ecolivingexpo.com.au or call Pia Vogrin on (08) 8447 1366.
TCTV Media Productions specialises in helping small businesses to get their message across - effectively!
- Promote your product or business.
- Train your staff or customers.
- Develop professional marketing materials.
Our wordsmith provides writing, editing and proofreading services for your printed material and website. Creating effective, error-free text takes time, so let us do that while you get on with running your business.
Our digital video section records seminars and produces broadcast-quality promotions. Show off your business to potential clients everywhere.
Save both time and money by letting us manage the project when you want brochures, business cards, a website or a promotional DVD. With our network of strategic alliances, we organise everything you need, from the initial concept right through to completion - graphic design, words, vision and printing.
Contact Chris Horsman on p.8389 3057 m.0438 131 049 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for your FREE demonstration DVD.
Do it or delegate it! Stress Less can help you manage the 'cause and effect' syndrome. If something causes you to feel overwhelmed or ineffective, it will result in you being less efficient and successful! The variety of services offered by Stress Less are delivered personally and professionally by Julie Perrin with integrity and reliability in accordance with your needs and wants, in combination with Julie's observations whilst working with and for you - in your home or office.
In engaging the services of Stress Less, you are taking the first steps to:
- managing your environment, and
- developing a personal strategy to assist you achieve your goals.
Stress Less can provide a realistic assessment and will assist you regain the order in your personal or professional life. Act now!
Call Julie on m: 0412 673 890 to discuss how you can help yourself be or do all the things you want or need to do.
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot, e-mail Tania your details today at email@example.com and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.