I hope you had a great Christmas Day and didn't eat too much.
Today's a scorching hot, thirty-eight degrees in Adelaide and we're soon heading off to Rick's cousin Nigel's wedding. The ceremony's at Mt Lofty House in the Adelaide Hills, the perfect venue for such a hot day!
Oh, and in case you were wondering what I got Rick for our anniversary, I decided on a deluxe car detail. He loved it and his car looked so fantastic that I arranged one for mine too. Can't have his car looking shinier than mine! I think that's the Leo in me.
Hope you have a fun New Year's Eve and enjoy this month's issue!
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
| Feature: 10 Strategies for Making Change Easy
Have you heard the saying, 'If nothing changes, then nothing changes'? Well, that makes sense to me! I think that if we take an honest look at ourselves, we'll all find something that we'd like to change about either our lives or ourselves.
Sometimes changes are planned, like weight loss, a house move or having a baby and, at other times, they might just come from nowhere, like a job loss or corporate restructure.
Whether you are contemplating a small change, like drinking more water each day, or one as big as a sea change, I think you'll find these strategies helpful in managing your transition:
- Acknowledge what it is that you need to change. Whether it's a behaviour or a situation, until you acknowledge and accept the changes that need to occur, you might stay in denial and block your chances of success, by clinging to old habits and attitudes and resisting the changes you need to make. For example, if you don't acknowledge and accept that you need to stop snacking on chocolate in the evenings, you might not lose that excess weight you're carrying.
- Make it urgent. Create an inspiring goal and give yourself a deadline for achieving it! When we create a sense of urgency around making a change, it can help us overcome fear or complacency about changing.
- Have an inspiring vision. Create a vibrant picture of how you'd like things to be once you've moved through the change. Then, see the journey as an exciting adventure and embrace it! When we have an inspiring vision, the 'how to' often emerges easily and your ultimate vision can act as a guiding light to help keep you focused and on track.
- Build a support team or structure. To ensure that you have all the resources that you need to make your change, enlist people in your support team with the skills, expertise or belief in you that will help you. Also ensure that your environment is supportive of any changes you might be making. Making a change is always easier when you have someone, like a coach to support you.
- Break the change into small steps and celebrate your progress. One of the fastest ways to get started and build momentum when making any change is to break up whatever you need to do into very small steps, so you can overcome the shock to the system that might occur if you try to take things too quickly. Then, as you start to make progress, celebrate your wins along the way. They all add up to eventual success.
- Adopt a positive attitude and think positive thoughts. We always have a choice when it comes to our attitude, so choose a 'can do' attitude and hold no doubt. Tell yourself , 'I can do it.' As our thoughts determine our experience, if we choose to think, 'this will be hard', it will be. Remember, only you are responsible for choosing your attitudes and thoughts. Choose to think 'why not?' and you'll start to see exciting possibilities, opportunities and challenges.
- Make time to make it happen. Always remember to set aside the time you need to devote to making the change happen. Some of us sabotage our own efforts by not allocating the time that's required to make changes stick. Make sure you give high priority to the change process you're working through to give it the best chance of working.
- Address and deal with your obstacles. Removing any impediments to your success is also important. If you want to lose weight, don't stock your fridge with chocolate or cupboard with chips!
- Give it your 100% commitment. No one can change for you. To change a habit, behaviour or attitude, you need to make a strong commitment to yourself to do it and take responsibility for your part in making it happen.
- Don't give up! In the words of Winston Churchill, 'Never, ever, ever, ever give up; except in matters of common sense or ethics.'
If you could use some coaching and support to help you make changes in the new year, please give me a call. I'm available in the new year and will be back on deck from January 9.
To learn 50 great ways to change the way you think, feel and act, I highly recommend Fast Track Your Success & Happiness by Petra Rankin of Brief Books. The great thing is that, because it's a brief book, you'll quickly pick up new ideas that you can implement straight away. Available at all good book stores.
For more free tips on clearing clutter, staying focused and reaching your goals, or to find out more about one-to-one business, executive or life coaching and arrange a no-obligation session with Tania, visit the Blue Sky Coaching website at www.blueskycoaching.com.au. Tania can be contacted Monday to Friday between 8 am and 8 pm (Adelaide CST), on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 or by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
| Kick-start 2006 with Some Coaching!
Would you like to work with your own coach?
If you're ready to start reaching your goals easily and effortlessly, please give me a call to book a one-to-one business, executive or life coaching session for yourself.
I'm happy to offer you a no-obligation, 90-minute coaching session, in person in metropolitan Adelaide, or by telephone, wherever you may be located in the world, to help you create and achieve your goals in the new year or even just to help you get them kick-started.
I'm fortunate to also be an assessor for new coaches and, as part of that process, I had the pleasure of working with a new coach who helped me create three new, inspiring and challenging goals for 2006 and it felt great! I'd love to do the same for you.
Here's a message I received in a card this month from one of my wonderful clients. It totally filled my heart with happiness and it's why I love my work as a coach:
I wanted to formally say a huge thank you to you for all the help, guidance and wise words (me?) you have given me over the past few months.
It has been a very challenging time and I am not sure I would have navigated my way through it all without your help.
Today I feel energised, on track and focused and that is down to you. Thank you. Looking forward to 2006 and working with you then.'
- Emma, Senior Executive
| Summer Special Competition
Over $300 value. ENTER NOW. Drawn 28 February 2005!
Simply click on the competition image to enter for your chance to WIN an autographed copy of 'Work a Little Less, Live a Little More' - by Mark McKeon (foreword by Eddie McGuire) PLUS two 90-minute business, executive or life coaching sessions with me.
If you'd like to give yourself a special gift these holidays that will last well beyond Christmas, call me to book a personal E.F.T. session.
Tapping is a very handy tool that can help you deal with any stressful situation, including party preparations, social phobias or feelings of loneliness, which may come up around now. It can also help you stop over-indulging in - or at least stop feeling guilty about over-indulging in - all that festive party food and drink, as well as getting you off the procrastination cycle when it comes to starting a new fitness or savings routine.
I'll be available for individual E.F.T. sessions from January 9, which I can do with you in person in Adelaide, or by telephone wherever you may be in Australia or the world, between 8 am and 8 pm, Adelaide CST, Mondays to Fridays.
I won't be running a workshop in January, however I can be talked into running in-house workshops for your team or group, which is a fun way to start the new year.
Please call me on 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134 to discuss your requirements.
| Next Month: Finding Your Soul Mate
Do you know that at any one time, almost half my coaching clients are working on a relationship goal and, often, their goal is around finding their soul mate?
So, I thought next month, I'd share some wonderful ideas for finding your soul mate, from a book aptly called Finding your soul mate by Dr Russ Michael.
I confess, one of his ideas worked for me.
| Readers' Stories and Feedback
Thanks to everyone who offered me anniversary present ideas. They were great, as were the awful office feng shui bloopers you shared with me. Good luck with making those changes.
This was my favourite email. I'm not sure any of it was right.
'I am LAUGHING my head off at the feng shui thing in the e-zine.
I sit in a corner, facing the corner of two walls, with my back to the entrance. My computers, phone and calculator, etc are all to the NORTH EAST to EAST of my desk and my name plaque has our company logo (the hull of a boat) sharply pointing towards my name.' (ouch!)
'Luckily my telephone operator number is '6.' (yeah!)
'Not much I can do about it, but I do plan to rearrange my desk now.'
Hang in there! I had the same kind of disaster situation looming once when I was asked to move offices, but after giving it a touch of feng shui, it was one of the best I had ever worked in.
| Sponsors and Advertisements
s o l u t i o n s
WE COME TO YOU!!
HOME OR OFFICE
7 DAYS A WEEK.
>> Mobile car cleaning.
>> Superior quality and service.
>> Specialising in scheduled detailing.
>> Gift vouchers and corporate packages available.
>> All areas.
MENTION THIS ADVERTISEMENT AND YOU WILL RECEIVE
ANY CAR DETAIL.
Michael Macolino m: 0422 616 806
when image matters
Watts the Solution
Bookkeeping, Training and Business Solutions
Let us help you take the dread out of getting your books and paperwork up to date and in order!
We will help you:
- Create systems that are easy to use
- Train you to do your bookkeeping yourself and set up your systems, or
- We can do your bookkeeping for you, either on-site or provide a pickup and delivery service.
20 years experience in all aspects of accounts and office work and Quicken Accredited Trainer since 1999.
We care and want to help your business succeed.
Call or e-mail Pam Watts on 0419 846 805 or email@example.com.
Hair & Beauty with Attitude
Share your hairdressing experience with a friend who has not previously visited my salon and when you do, each of you will receive 50% off the price of your individual services.
This is an ongoing invitation and every time you introduce a new client, you will receive 50% off your hairdressing service (not product).
I was trained by Redken in America as a Redken trichoanalyst and, as a director and chairman of the SA Ladies Hair Fashion Council and judge of SA Hairdressing Championships for 15 years, I understand the importance of creating a beautiful hair style, but more importantly, that the style enhances your appearance and suits your hair type and lifestyle.
Contact David Sheridan of Hair & Beauty with Attitude, 191 O'Connell Street, North Adelaide (next door to the Piccadilly Theatre) on (08) 8267 2969. Please let me know you received my invitation through Tania's e-zine when you call.
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot, e-mail Tania your details today at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.