I can't believe it still feels so much like summer here in Adelaide, even though we're almost a month into autumn.
Rick and I managed to get away for the Adelaide Cup long weekend to great place called Seachange, a luxurious beachside bed and breakfast at Middleton.
And, even though I came home with a cold, it was great, just for the swim in their beautiful salt water swimming pool, not to mention the fantastic gourmet breakfasts we had each morning.
Seachange is actually on the market, so if you or anyone you know is considering making a sea change soon, take a look!
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
| Feature Article: 10 Ways to Get Organised
Do you often find yourself feeling overwhelmed, confused, or wasting valuable time looking for things because you have no idea where they might be? Do you constantly run late for appointments or need to rush madly to get projects completed by deadlines?
Then it's time to get organised and enjoy the benefits of more energy, more balance and more time!
Here are 10 ways to get on top of things instead of having things get on top of you:
- Feeling confused? De-clutter your mind by writing everything down. Don't leave your 'to do' list, 'wish' list and great ideas to swim around in your head. Capture them as they come up in a diary, notebook or both. Then, as you make plans to attend to them, your stress levels will significantly drop and your mind will feel a lot clearer because you'll feel confident that you haven't forgotten anything.
- Prioritise your written list. Once you've captured everything that matters, review your list each day. Give an 'A' rating to the most important items to be handled and make sure you include personal items, too! Don't start work on anything else on your list until you've scheduled and attended your 'A' items. You can keep the list as a rolling record and each day allocate an 'A' rating to the appropriate items. When something new comes up during the day, add it to the list, but don't start on it unless you've given it an 'A' rating. Try this simple prioritisation method and watch your results soar!
- Always check your diary before you begin your day. This will help you plan the best use of your time each day. Record your tasks between your appointments, either to plan how you'll allocate your time or as a record of how you've spent your day. This will show where your day has gone, highlight how you might have wasted time and provide information you can use later about how long a specific task took to complete. Checking your diary will also ensure you don't get so absorbed in a project that you miss an appointment.
- Get clear on where you're going and when. Sounds simple, but before you leave for an appointment double check your diary for the time and place, especially when you have regular meetings that may change time or location. Also, remember to leave a few buffer zones in your diary each day to deal with important, unexpected things, such as being able to initially respond to a potential new client query or request.
- Prepare for the day's events at the start of each day. A helpful way to prepare for your day's events, so you aren't scrambling around looking for any documents, files or paperwork just before you head out to a meeting is to get these documents out and ready at the begininng of the day. This way, when it's time for you to go, you can just calmly grab what you need and go.
- Do you often run late for appointments? Then, don't do that last thing you'd planned to do before leaving. Fitting in that last thing - making that call, reading that email - is often the difference between arriving late and embarrassed or feeling calm and arriving on time.
- Are you always in a rush to meet deadlines? Choose and commit to a start time. Many people that are constantly pushed to meet deadlines don't pay enough attention to planning how long a project will realistically take to complete. By committing to an earlier start and finish time, you'll feel less stressed and will have more time and space to produce a better result.
- Store regularly accessed items in a convenient, easy to find place. This way, you'll always have what you need at your fingertips.
- Clear your desk or workspace at the end of each day. This will give you a fresh start each day and is particularly important to do if you have forgotten what your desk looks like.
- Regularly de-clutter your environment. Spend some time each day filing or otherwise tidying up and getting rid of things you don't need, use or love. You will experience a noticeable boost to your energy levels and you never know what you might find!
For more free tips and resources and to find out about one-to-one business, executive or life coaching, group coaching, Emotional Freedom Technique (E.F.T.) workshop dates or to arrange an individual E.F.T. session, visit the Blue Sky Coaching website at www.blueskycoaching.com.au. Tania can be contacted Monday to Friday between 8 am and 8 pm (Adelaide CST), on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 or by e-mail on email@example.com
| 2006 Intentional Resolutions: Join Us Next Month
This fun and inspiring group telecoaching series is now in full swing!
If you would like to join us for 3 sessions and achieve your business and personal goals easily and more effortlessly, using creative topics to inspire you, register online NOW.
Sesion Times: 8 pm - 9 pm (Adelaide CST) for 3 sessions.
Dates and topics are:
12 April: Using the power of your subconscious mind
26 April: Moving past your comfort zones and obstacles
10 May: Tapping into your intuition and surrendering control.
Join us at the *Special* Price of $90, available until 7 April 2006.
When you register, you'll also receive a $10 phone card to cover the cost of all calls.
Book now! Limited places.
| Easter Special Competition
Are you a business entrepreneur, or planning to become one soon? Then this month's competition is just for you.
Simply click on the competition image to enter for your chance to WIN a copy of 'Soul proprietor: 101 lessons from a lifestyle entrepreneur' by Jane Pollak plus 2 business coaching sessions with me valued at over $300! Drawn 10 April 2006.
I picked this month's book, not just because it's great, but because the lady who wrote it runs a successful business decorating Ukrainian Easter eggs.
As she says herself:
'If you can make a successful business out of decorating eggs, you can make a business out of anything!'
A special thank you this month to Julia, Lisa, Louise and Rebecca who braved the cameras to star in my soon-to-be-released Energy Tapping Workshop DVD. Despite the lights and cameras, we still had a really enjoyable morning and everyone was happy with their tapping results.
All going to plan, the DVD will be available for purchase online via my website, together with a workshop manual.
This month, I've continued to see many people for individual, one-to-one sessions too. Here are two testimonials, a week apart, from a client who came to see me about anxiety:
' Hello Tania
Just wanted to let you know last night I did some tapping on feeling like I want to throw up. This morning when I got up, I went about my day. About 2 hours later when I was out and about, I realised I had not taken a valium this morning. I didn't even think about it.
Thank you for doing the session with me yesterday'
and a week later ...
Just another update. Have reached day 7 without valium. Thank you.'
If you would like to learn this powerful technique, which you can use anywhere, anytime, to help quickly: release stress; overcome anxiety, depression, panic attacks, fear of public speaking, heights, flying; deal with self-sabotaging and limiting beliefs and behaviours like 'I could never do that', 'It's not possible'; overcome confusion and procrastination; deal with addictions - food, smoking, gambling, substances and relieve debilitating physical pain, such as backache and migraine headaches, then please join me in one of my two remaining energy tapping workshops before I go on maternity leave.
The workshops will run from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm on:
- Saturday 8 April 2006 and
- Saturday 13 May 2006
Be quick to register for either of these, as each workshop is limited to no more than 6 participants, so there are just a few places left!
To register your place online, just click on the Energy Tapping Workshops button.
COST: $85.00 * pp (includes morning tea and workbook).
* EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: A $10.00 discount applies to payments received 10 days prior to the workshop date, so if you register NOW, you'll pay just $75.00 for either date.
Call me to arrange your own 45-minute, one-to-one EFT session, which I can do with you in person in Adelaide, or by telephone wherever you may be in Australia or the world, between 8 am and 8 pm, Adelaide CST, Mondays to Fridays
I'm also available until 30 June to conduct in-house workshops for business or corporate groups of 6 or more people.
Please call me on 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134 to discuss your requirements.
| Next month: 10 More Tips for SoHo Success
Next month I'll share 10 great tips with you for SoHo (small office, home office) business success, from Jane Pollak's book Soul proprietor: 101 lessons from a lifestyle entrepreneur.
Would you like to have some one-to-one coaching with me?
If you'd like to start reaching your goals with more ease and less effort, please give me a call to book a one-to-one coaching session and discover the incredible benefits of working with your own personal coach and impact it can have on your business, executive and/or personal life.
This is what Selina had to say about her coaching experience:
'I can not thank you enough for the positive changes you have helped me make to my life and lifestyle. Your seemingly endless amount of energy, vision and dedication to help me reach my goals is a huge credit to you.
I'm glad that you shared your experiences, thoughts and ideas so openly with me, your communication style made the sessions an even more positive and enjoyable experience. Tania you helped me rediscover my spark and energy, seriously you got me off my ass and doing things to turn my ideas into realities.
I recommend you to everyone I know who asks me what my 'life coaching' was all about, I tell them it's one of the best investments I ever made - I invested in myself and the returns are endless. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!'
This autumn I'm offering *very special* rates for one-to-one (phone only) coaching sessions.
So, no matter where you may be in Australia or the world, we can work together each week or at other intervals that suit, Mondays to Fridays (Adelaide CST), by appointment between 8 am and 8 pm.
My autumn (phone only) coaching rates for 45-minute sessions are just:
- $100 per session for life coaching or business start-up coaching;
- $150 per session for business entrepreneurs in established businesses; and
- $200 per session for executives.
This special offer is only available for phone coaching until 31 May.
If you're interested, please call me so we can get started as soon as possible on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
| Sponsors and Advertisements
Are you looking to take your life and business to new heights?
Then join Noel Posus and his team for a FREE SEMINAR, introducing our workshop for health and wellness professionals:
How to Transform Yourself, Your Clients and Your Business
beginning in Adelaide in April.
Masters Le Mesurier successful speaker and coach Noel Posus will present a FREE interactive conversation about coaching and how to improve personal and professional results, client relationships and your business.
FULLARTON PARK COMMUNITY CENTRE
Community Room, 411 Fullarton Road, Fullarton
(cnr Fullarton Rd and Fisher St)
Friday 7 APRIL
7 pm - 8.15 pm
ONE NIGHT ONLY, PLACES ARE LIMITED
Call Anna on 0411 618 808 NOW to reserve your seating (and bring a friend on 2!)
Handicrafts with Soul
Why not get the girls together?
Let me bring jinja to you!
Host a party and receive $60.00 to spend on anything from the jinja range.
New designs arriving weekly
jinja a beautiful selection of unique handmade jewellery and accessories at a fraction of retail prices.
Call or email Jacky on
0418 530 861 / (08) 8376 7458
Minimum 10 persons for party bookings.
20 years of Making Dreams Come True
2006 sees the Adelaide Branch of the Make-A-Wish Foundation celebrate 20 years of wish-granting. That is 20 wonderful years of volunteers and sponsors working hard together to grant the most cherished wish of a child with a life-threatening illness. We invite you to join us as we raise money to help grant wishes for another 20 years, by staging a Fashion Parade.
Where: Grand Ballroom, The Hyatt Regency, Adelaide
When: Wednesday, 10 May at 6 pm (for drinks and canapes). Parade starts at 7 pm
featuring Matthew Primus, with Nicole Cornes (MC)
Tickets are $80 for gold front row seats, $65 for silver second row seats or $55 for general seats
and are available from Margaret Grocke at email@example.com or 0412 104 751 prior to 3 May.
Designers Alexis George by Pat Georgiou, It Girl, Razak, Lorenzini Mens Boutique, Sixborn, Lotus and Mai Loui
Sponsors Rachels Models, Orbe, Proof Cosmetics, L'Oreal, IanT Graphics, Elite Audio Visual, Celcius Tanning Solariums, Get Marketing
Would you like an hour of full attention?
I give you a massage that you want, whether it's for a sore back/neck or a full body relaxation massage.
I am trained in therapeutic, relaxation, sports, shiatsu, reflexology (feet) and myofascial release (energy work).
At Hair and Beauty with Attitude
191 O'Connell Street, North Adelaide (next to the Piccadilly Cinema)
Monday to Friday, 9 am - 4 pm, by appointment only
*** Special Offer ~ $30 for one hour ***
Call Janel Perry on 0415 661 981
Overcome Your Fears Workshop
Saturday & Sunday, 10 am - 4 pm, 29 - 30 April
A weekend workshop designed for people who find that fear stops them from doing what they want to do. In a supportive, fun environment, learn a wide range of techniques to break free from fear. Perfect for people with fears of all kinds, including fear of failure, rejection or ridicule, abandonment, public speaking, spiders, heights, crossing bridges, losing control, death or injury and many more. It doesn't matter whether your behaviour is only slightly or largely controlled by fear, this workshop will teach you how to break free from it, so it is easier for you to do what you want.
Cost: $200 employed, $150 concession.
To register your interest in attending or ask questions, just call, fax or email Dr Jodi Smith, PhD on phone/fax (08) 8355 0230 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot, e-mail Tania your details today at email@example.com and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.