Wow! I had no idea that my final weeks of winding down work to take maternity leave next month would be so busy. Much like in my past life as a Chartered Accountant, June has been one of my busiest months this year.
So, I've decided to reward all my hard work this month with an end-of-financial-year treat. I've put a big line through Friday 30 June and, true to the theme of this month's e-zine, I'm taking time out, just for me.
I'm sure I'll find lots of fun things to do - like sleeping in, shopping, maybe a long lunch, a movie, or a massage might be nice. I hope you have a lovely day too : - )
I also hope you enjoy this month's issue. It will be my last until I return from maternity leave, which all being well, will be in late October.
Bye for now,
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
| Feature: 10 Ways to Make Time for Your Life
Does your life seem out of control at times, almost like it's not your own?
If so, let's step back for a few minutes and do something about it.
Here are 10 ways to put YOU and your life back on top of your list:
- Focus on what you want and need: Ask yourself, 'What do I really want or need today?' Stay in touch with what is important to you and put it on the top of your 'to do' list, rather than burying it somewhere further down, or - worse still - leaving it off the list.
- Schedule some 'me' time into your days: It doesn't need to be a long time, just long enough for you to enjoy doing something for you - an extra long shower, soak in the bath, listening to your favourite music or just time alone connecting with what's important for you.
- Build reserves of time, space and energy into your days: Don't over-fill your days meeting everyone else's needs. Schedule some 'unplanned time' into each day so that you are not constantly rushing from one job or thing to the next, which will leave you feeling frazzled and too tired to make the most of any time left at the end of the day.
- Get organised: Get rid of any clutter, so you never waste time unnecessarily looking for things. Clutter drains our energy. To make even more time for you, hire someone to do it with you or for you. A personal assistant, virtual assistant or professional organiser can help you by setting up systems and streamlining things for you, be it at home or at work.
- Delegate whatever you can: Whether that be getting a babysitter so you and your partner can enjoy some time alone or out together, a cleaner, gardener or housekeeper to help with chores around the house or people to do the jobs you might struggle with or don't enjoy, like bookkeeping. This help will free up additional hours for you to spend doing something else. Who said we had to do everything ourselves?
- Focus your time and energy on meeting your own goals, not someone else's: Don't devote a disproportionate amount of time to work or other people's concerns without ensuring your own needs are being met. A good place to start is by clearly defining your goals. When we have inspiring goals, we are drawn to them and our focus shifts from spending time worrying about our problems, to fulfilling our desires. A good life coach can help you do that, so your focus stays on the most important things in your life.
- Let go of all 'shoulds': Learn to be free of the good opinion of others. Focus on staying true to yourself and what you want, not what others want and expect from you. Life is too short to be spending it living up to someone else's expectations of us. Make living up to your own expectations of yourself your top priority and be realistic about them. You can do a quick reality check by asking yourself, 'Would I expect the same from someone else?'
- Learn to meditate: Meditation will help you slow down your busy mind and reclaim a sense of calm, time and space. I've used a fantastic meditation CD for years, which I highly recommend, that only takes 30 minutes to listen to. You don't need to do anything other than just chill out while you're listening, and afterwards, it feels like someone has literally swept away all the rubbish in your mind with a huge broom. For details see: www.meditate.com.au.
- Loosen ties with anyone or anything that is a drain on your time and energy: Do whatever it takes to limit your exposure to people who drain your energy, and create boundaries or set limits on the amount of time you devote to specific tasks to ensure you have time for whatever is most important to you in your life.
- Step back regularly to gain perspective: Remember to regularly step back from your daily tasks and routines to take in an overview of your life. Working with your own coach will help you do this. With the clarity that comes with a little distance and a fresh perspective, you'll soon be able to identify adjustments that will allow you greater opportunities to make time for your life.
For more free coaching tips and strategies to help you create and live the life you've always wanted - your ideal business, dream career, more quality time, loving and fulfilling relationships, more energy, more balance and more fun and to find out more about one-to-one business, executive or life coaching with Tania or to purchase your copy of The Energy Tapping Workshop DVD and workbook package, visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au.
| Thanks So Much for Your Feedback!
A big thank you to all my clients and readers who've given me such great, helpful feedback throughout the past year and, more recently, tips and advice on becoming a mum!
I especially welcome your feedback in the next few months on my Energy Tapping Workshop DVD. It will continue to be on sale via my website over the coming months, and I'm sure I'll be doing my own tapping regularly too!
Please also e-mail me with your ideas on specific topics you'd like covered in future 'Top 10 Tips' in upcoming e-zine issues.
| Winter Special Competition
Win! A copy of 'Take time for your life: A seven-step programme for creating the life you want' by Cheryl Richardson and a personal, one-to-one E.F.T. session (which can be done in person or by telephone) with me, valued at over $100!
In Take time for your life, the internationally acclaimed personal coach Cheryl Richardson shows you how to reclaim your life, take control and realise your long-forgotten dreams and ambitions.
Packed with invaluable advice, checklists, action plans and a wealth of resources, Take time for your life shows you how to break free from self-defeating habits and transform life's stumbling blocks into stepping stones to success.
Enter now! Competition drawn on Friday 30 June.
| Change Your Life with Energy Tapping!
I love a sale - and I'm pleased to say my Energy Tapping Workshop DVD *pre-release* sale was a great hit!
But, if you missed it, don't despair : - (
I've decided that, as I'll be celebrating my 40th birthday next month, I'm going to include a special *BONUS* with each DVD package sold between now and my birthday, 31 July.
To find out what you'll receive as a your special *BONUS* click on the Energy Tapping button : - )
To order your copy and receive your special *BONUS* - until 31 July - click on the Energy Tapping (E.F.T.) button.
Using my DVD and workbook, in just a few hours you'll learn step-by-step how to use E.F.T. to help you:
- eliminate stress, anxiety, depression and panic attacks
- control your fears - like crowds, heights, flying, spiders, public speaking
- end your self-sabotaging and limiting beliefs and behaviours
- overcome procrastination and increase motivation
- improve your self-confidence and self-esteem
- subdue overwhelming feelings
- boost your sports performance
- recover from addictions - like alcohol, smoking, gambling, substance abuse
- relieve debilitating pain - like backache and migraine headaches
- lose weight.
Note these are just some of the many ways you can use E.F.T. !
You'll see there are three DVD package options available for you to choose from, depending on your needs, so no matter whether you have some or no prior experience of E.F.T., there'll be a package to suit you.
E.F.T. takes just minutes to do and you'll quickly learn how to do it through the step-by-step instructions in this DVD.
Remember, to claim your special *BONUS* with your DVD package, click on the Energy Tapping button and place your order before 31 July!
Break free from whatever is holding you back in just minutes with energy tapping.
| Next Month: I'll Be on Maternity Leave
Just a quick note to let you know that both Living the dream and I will be on maternity leave from 7 July 2006 (yes! one week earlier that I had originally planned) and coming back, all being well, in late October or early November 2006.
Please feel free to stay in touch while I'm on maternity leave and I'll respond to your e-mail personally as soon as I can.
I'd love to hear from you and will ask Peter, my incredible web guy, to post up some baby photos and news on my website in case you might be interested in taking a peek.
Think you might need a great coach to work with while I'm on maternity leave?
Please feel free to call me and ask for a referral. As a member of the International Coach Federation, I know many great coaches based locally in Adelaide, throughout Australia and around the world, whom I'd be pleased to recommend.
I can help you take the guess work out of choosing the right coach for you as I know the areas that these coaches specialise in, so please don't hesitate to call me or e-mail me if you'd like a referral.
| Sponsors and Advertisements
Give back to yourself ...
Endermologie - the No.1 cellulite treatment in the world!
Anti-cellulite|Wellbeing|Anti-ageing|Women and Men|Results
Unique non-invasive way of shaping your body, reducing cellulite, draining adipose tissue and improving wellbeing.
Treatment works by breaking down cellulite, removing toxins and fluid retention.
Collagen and elastin production is boosted generating healthier rejuvenated skin tone.
Over 100 000 treatments performed worldwide every day. Endermologie is the choice treatment for those serious about fighting cellulite.
Book for your free demonstration. Take advantage of amazing savings with treatment packages.
Oxygen - mind body soul
232 Henley Beach Road, Torrensville SA 5031
- The World's Most Advanced SMS Software
- Send SMS from your PC - Now!
SMS messaging is unrivalled by any other communication medium. Faster than email, less intrusive and cheaper than phone calls - SMS has become an essential business tool.
SMS Messenger combines simplicity with industry-leading features:
- email-like interface
- send individual/group SMS from your PC to mobile phones
- receive SMS replies to your PC
- share groups across your network
- long text function allows you to type long messages - which are split and sent in sequence
- be alerted when a message you send has not been received
- access to all Australian phone networks - including CDMA, Orange, 3 and ported numbers
- link to Microsoft Outlook Address Book (updates automatically)
- simple import of 'bulk' names and numbers from Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and text files.
To find out more, call today!
1300 767 903
Hair & Beauty with Attitude
Share your hairdressing experience with a friend who has not previously visited my salon and, when you do, each of you will receive 50% off the price of your individual services.
This is an ongoing invitation and every time you introduce a new client, you will receive 50% off your hairdressing service (not product).
I was trained by Redken in America as a Redken trichoanalyst and, as a director and chairman of the SA Ladies Hair Fashion Council and judge of SA Hairdressing Championships for 15 years, I understand the importance of creating a beautiful hair style, but more importantly, that the style enhances your appearance and suits your hair type and lifestyle.
Contact David Sheridan of Hair & Beauty with Attitude, 191 O'Connell Street, North Adelaide (next door to the Piccadilly Theatre) on (08) 8267 2969. Please let me know you received my invitation through Tania's e-zine when you call.
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot, e-mail Tania your details today at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.