Being a first-time mum, where else could I start this e-zine issue but by sharing our latest happy snaps of our little boy with his proud mum and dad.
Here he is having a cuddle with me and watching TV with Rick. For larger pics, you can also see him at http://jacob.blueskycoaching.com.au.
It's no surprise to me Jake loves watching TV, especially the football and soccer.
He was glued to the set watching the Crows' first quarter of the AFL preliminary final. But, at the start of the final quarter, he started to cry. I guess he could sense that disaster that was about to strike!
He definitely takes his 'Crow Baby' membership seriously.
Rick arranged for us to have Foxtel (cable TV) installed in our bedroom a few days after I returned from hospital.
I think that was partly because I told him that, during my week-long stay in hospital, I almost pulled out my credit card twice while watching infomercials on regular TV during Jake's night-time feeds. At 3 am, those thirty-minute ads for Anthony Robbins CDs and for the wonder make-up all the celebrities are wearing seemed very hard to resist.
I hope you enjoy this month's issue.
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
| Feature: 10 Ways to Increase Your Business Profits
Even though one business might seem totally different to another on the surface - a restaurant, for example, compared to a hair salon or financial planning practice - the basic elements of a business are always the same.
When we take the time to analyse how well each element of our business is functioning, we can easily start to identify ways to increase our business profits.
My friend and successful entrepreneur, Andy Ireland of www.awakenhiddenprofits.com.au, divides the elements of each business into five profit zones: 1. lead or prospect generation; 2. conversion rate; 3. number of customer transactions; 4. average dollar spend per purchase or customer; and 5. your margin.
If you'd like to learn how to easily increase your net profit by 61%, please join Andy and me on Thursday 2 November for a fr*ee 90-minute telecall, when we'll talk about how to awaken the hidden profits in your business.
To join us, reserve your place below at the time that best suits you.
For 10 am - 11.30 am Adelaide CST on Thursday 2 November, go to: https://www.gotomeeting.com/register/897497461
For 6 pm - 7.30 pm Adelaide CST on Thursday 2 November, go to: https://www.gotomeeting.com/register/349364638
Note: the morning call time will suit callers from the USA and the evening call time will suit callers from the UK.
Based on the five profit zones, here are ten places to start looking to find the hidden profits in your business:
- Shop front: If you have physical business premises, what do they say about your business? Can your customers and potential customers find you easily? Does your signage attract your ideal customer or turn them away and is the layout of your premises ideal for what you're trying to achieve?
- Website: If you don't have physical premises, do you have a website? Many potential customers will do their own research on your business, products and services before deciding to approach you. Are you happy with the rate of enquiries or sales that you're achieving through your website or could it work better? Make sure you have a secure website if you intend selling products and accepting payments on-line, or you could miss out on sales!
- Your offer: Do you have a compelling offer that draws in customers and entices them to buy from you? I recently purchased a beautiful $1.00 card that was on display outside a lovely gift shop. That offer enticed me to go into the shop and to look around a bit. Although I ended up just buying 5 cards for $5.00, I've now discovered a great place to shop for Christmas presents this year and will definitely go back. Many cosmetics companies also do this well with a free gift with purchase.
- Your USP: Know your unique selling proposition and communicate it well in your advertising. Get help from professionals in crafting your message to ensure that you profit from your advertising. For example, recently, I learned in a direct marketing seminar that the use of serif fonts, such as Times New Roman and Georgia, in printed marketing materials will increase comprehension of your message by 67% - and therefore the response rate! I've tested this personally by changing my e-zine font to Georgia and the immediate response rate increased by 300%!!!
- Training is key: It's critical that you and your staff fully understand, as well as confidently communicate, the benefits of your products and services to your customers. A restaurant might have a wonderful chef, but if the waiting staff don't know the difference between a rocket and a garden salad - and mind you I had two young waitresses argue the point with me when I was given the wrong salad - it can ruin a great dining experience. Here, education of waiting staff could make a huge difference to the success of this business.
- Repeat sales: Many businesses work hard to get a customer to purchase once, with little thought or attention given to the next and subsequent purchases that customer might make. When a customer has had a great buying experience, they are very likely to return to buy the same or another product or service from you. To encourage repeat sales, ensure that you have an effective follow-up process and ways of keeping in touch with and nurturing your current and past customers relationships.
- Product range: Understand your target market and offer them products and services that solve their problems and fulfil their wants and needs. Happy customers will often purchase more than one product or service from you if you make them aware of your range. In most cases, it's also a good idea to offer different things at different pricing points.
- Up-sell: Whenever you have an opportunity to up-sell, do so. I still remember my teenage days working at McDonalds and asking customers 'Would you like fries with that?' I was always surprised that almost everyone said, 'OK, yes' and then went on to buy a thickshake or a sundae as well.
- Your pricing: Don't be afraid to increase your prices over time. Many business owners, particularly service providers, sell themselves short by keeping their prices the same for several years while their costs continue to rise and eat into their profits. Remember that your prices are also an indication to the marketplace of the quality of your product or service.
- Your margins: Do you know what the industry average margins are for your business and how your business is tracking in comparison? Margins vary according to industries. For example, according to www.cchsmallbusiness.com.au, net profit margin before owners' salaries for a restaurant should be around 15%, whereas for a hair salon it should be around 30%, and closer to 40% for a financial planning business. If your margins don't stack up, review your financial figures in detail to determine why. Your accountant, banker, financial adviser or a business coach like me or my friend Andy Ireland of www.awakenhiddenprofits.com.au can help you identify where to focus your attention and how to get on track to easily increase your business profits.
For more free coaching tips and strategies to help you create and live the life you've always wanted - your ideal business, dream career, more quality time, loving and fulfilling relationships, more energy, more balance and more fun and to find out more about one-to-one business, executive or life coaching with Tania or to purchase your copy of The Energy Tapping Workshop DVD and workbook package, visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au.
| Two Fr*ee Teleclasses: Awaken Hidden Profits!
If you're in business, or contemplating going into business, I invite you to join me on Thursday 2 November at either 10 am or 6pm Adelaide CST, for a *special* 90-minute fr*ee telecall during which I'll be interviewing my friend and successful entrepreneur Andy Ireland of www.awakenhiddenprofits.com.au about How to Awaken the Hidden Profits in Your Business and Increase Your Bottom Line Profit by 61%.
In this fr*ee telecall you'll discover:
- how to easily set your business up as a profit dynamo and awaken hidden profits sleeping under your nose
- the five main profit zones in your business
- how to easily ramp them up to give you a 61% better return (I like the sound of that!)
- how to bust through any roadblocks or barriers you might be experiencing right now
- the only two ways you can grow your business - unless you know this, your business will never be what it could be
- why simple high school maths is your friend.
This telecall will be in the form of a 'webinar', so you'll get the most from the call if you can be in front of your computer to see the examples discussed during the call.
Reserve your place below and choose the time that best suits you.
When you register, you'll receive conference call number details and password and a 'webinar' link to click on at the time of the call. You might like to purchase a $5 phone card to use to cover the cost of the call if you're calling from Australia.
For the 10 am - 11.30 am Adelaide CST call on Thursday 2 November, go to: https://www.gotomeeting.com/register/897497461
For the 6 pm - 7.30 pm Adelaide CST call on Thursday 2 November, go to: https://www.gotomeeting.com/register/349364638
Note: the morning call time will suit callers from the USA and the evening call time will suit callers from the UK
Register your spot any time you like before the event. I suggest you do it now, while you're here!
Feel free to pass this invitation on to anyone else you know in business. I'm sure they'll find the information in this call valuable.
| Spring Special Competition
Over $150 value! Drawn 30 November 2006. ENTER NOW.
Simply click on the competition image to enter for your chance to WIN a copy of the TOTAL Energy Tapping Workshop DVD Package, including:
- Downloadable workbook
- Full-colour workbook in hard cover folder
plus a 60-minute consultation (in person or by telephone) with me.
For more information about energy tapping visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php
| Feeling Stressed? Energy Tapping Can Help You!
Do you have have exams just around the corner or more deadlines to meet than hours in the day?
Don't toss and turn in bed. In less than an hour, you can learn how to use energy tapping - anywhere, anytime - a lifetime skill at your fingertips to help you when you need it!
My Energy Tapping Workshop DVD will teach you, step-by-step how to use E.F.T. to help you:
- eliminate stress, anxiety, depression and panic attacks
- control your fears - like crowds, heights, flying, spiders, public speaking
- end your self-sabotaging and limiting beliefs and behaviours
- overcome procrastination and increase motivation
- improve your self-confidence and self-esteem
- subdue overwhelming feelings
- boost your sports performance
- recover from addictions - like alcohol, smoking, gambling, substance abuse
- relieve debilitating pain - like backache and migraine headaches
- lose weight.
Note, these are just some of the many ways you can use E.F.T. !
You'll see there are three DVD package options available for you to choose from, including the *new* TOTAL package, so no matter whether you have some or no prior experience of E.F.T., there'll be a package to suit you.
I'm also available for 60-minute consultations, by telephone or in person, if you'd like to work with me one-to-one.
To read testimonials and reviews or to order one of my DVDs, click on the Energy Tapping workshop button now!
Get ready to break free from whatever is holding you back in just minutes with energy tapping.
| Next Month: 10 Steps to Creating Your Dream Career
Next month I'll share some of my tips with you on clarifying, setting and achieving your career goals.
| Professional Development Sessions: CPA Congress
Next month, I'll be giving two professional development sessions at the 2006 CPA Congress in Adelaide.
These sessions are open to anyone who might want to attend, so in case you're interested, the details are:
Thursday 16 November 5.40 pm - 6.30 pm De-Stress, break free and enjoy life: improving your life through energy tapping.
Friday 17 November 11.35 am - 12.30 pm Clarifying, setting and achieving your career goals.
The SA 2006 CPA Congress is being held at the Adelaide Convention Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide. Tickets are $121 per session and available by calling 1300 85 77 05 between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm Aust EST, Mon - Fri or online at http://cpacongress2006.cpaaustralia.com.au.
Jake's Auntie Jayne will be in charge of baby-sitting on both days and, if the CPA Congress staff have their way, Jayne will be bringing Jake along to check out the Congress Exhibition and get lots of cuddles!
Please come up and say 'hi' if you're there.
| Sponsors and Advertisements
Exciting New Workshop: Turn Your Dreams into Reality!
Sunday 12 November 2006
* Do you know the secret of getting what you want?
* Would you like to attract whatever you want into your life?
* Do you know how to harness the power of your subconscious?
We all have the power to create the life we want. But few of us know how to harness the power of the mind to turn our dreams into reality.
Imagine how your life would look if you could live out all your dreams instead of just accepting what life throws at you.
Attracting and creating a whole new life - or just revitalising the one you have - has never been easier with the techniques you'll learn at this workshop.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact me today and be well on your way to creating the life you deserve.
Call Anna on 0411 618 808 and visit: www.swiftlifecoaching.com.au/workshop.html
Give back to yourself ...
Endermologie - the No.1 cellulite treatment in the world!
Anti-cellulite|Wellbeing|Anti-ageing|Women and Men|Results
Unique non-invasive way of shaping your body, reducing cellulite, draining adipose tissue and improving wellbeing.
Treatment works by breaking down cellulite, removing toxins and fluid retention.
Collagen and elastin production is boosted generating healthier rejuvenated skin tone.
Over 100 000 treatments performed worldwide every day. Endermologie is the choice treatment for those serious about fighting cellulite.
Book for your free demonstration. Take advantage of amazing savings with treatment packages.
Oxygen - mind body soul
232 Henley Beach Road, Torrensville SA 5031
Tel (08) 8443 5433
Hair & Beauty with Attitude
Share your hairdressing experience with a friend who has not previously visited my salon and, when you do, each of you will receive 50% off the price of your individual services.
This is an ongoing invitation and every time you introduce a new client, you will receive 50% off your hairdressing service (not product).
I was trained by Redken in America as a Redken trichoanalyst and, as a director and chairman of the SA Ladies Hair Fashion Council and judge of SA Hairdressing Championships for 15 years, I understand the importance of creating a beautiful hair style, but more importantly, that the style enhances your appearance and suits your hair type and lifestyle.
Contact David Sheridan of Hair & Beauty with Attitude, 191 O'Connell Street, North Adelaide (next door to the Piccadilly Theatre) on (08) 8267 2969. Please let me know you received my invitation through Tania's e-zine when you call.
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot, e-mail Tania your details today at email@example.com and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.