Can I share one of my career goals with you? At the beginning of the year, I set a goal of having 500 e-zine subscribers by Christmas 2006. I'm almost there, but I could use a little help.
I've decided to offer a $50 David Jones gift voucher to both my 500th subscriber and the person who refers them to my Living the dream e-zine.
So, if you know of anyone who you think would like to receive Living the dream, now is the time to tell them about it!
Wish me luck and I hope you enjoy this month's issue.
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
| Feature: 10 Steps to Your Dream Career
Have you seen The devil wears Prada? There's a classic scene in it, where Meryl Streep (the boss) says to her 'new Emily' (the name she calls her new assistant, because she can't be bothered learning her actual name) 'Everyone wants to be us!' She soon discovers that's not the case.
Apart from being quite a funny movie, I think it's a great example of how some people can make ridiculous personal sacrifices to please their bosses and fall into the trap of working incredibly hard on achieving someone else's goals, at the expense of their own.
I'm happy to be able to say I'm one of the fortunate people who's followed their passion and created their ideal career. But, it wasn't always that way. The great thing about what I do now, is that it's scalable, so I can still do work that I love on a small scale and enjoy being a first-time mum.
If you're not yet enjoying your dream career, here are ten steps I can recommend to help you find or create it:
- Start with an inspiring vision: A powerful vision will energise and inspire you and help you find all the resources you'll need to make your goal happen. Our goals don't exist in a vacuum. They must fit in with our visions for our lives. If you experience any resistance, or perceive obstacles when defining your vision, such as: fear of change, fear of success, fear of failure, potential conflict with significant others, or self-doubt due to any limiting beliefs you might hold about yourself, a coach can help you work through these issues. Imagining what achieving your goal would be and feel like for you can also deepen your commitment and motivation.
- Get clear on your current reality: Before setting out on any journey, it's important to acknowledge where you're starting from, to determine exactly how far away you are from where you intend to go. Be realistic about what resources you'll need and how long it might take you to get there.
- Brainstorm all options: Allow yourself some time to come up with what's possible. Don't discount or censor any ideas that might come up - just capture them all and write them down. We often forget, when we're operating within our comfort zones, that there are almost infinite possibilities for our working lives.
- Research your options: Find out whatever you can about each option. Give yourself a reasonable amount of time to do this, but don't allow yourself to get bogged down in the details!
- Assess each option against your purpose, vision and personal values: Once you've narrowed down your options to a list of serious contenders, assess each one against your purpose, vision and personal values. Unless your goals are aligned with each of these, you might struggle to achieve them. An enjoyable way I found to get clear on my personal values was playing 'The Values Game', which you'll find at www.coachlee.com.
- Make a choice: Here's another potential place some people get bogged down or stuck. Two good resources I can recommend and use with my clients are: 1) 'The Big Decision Tool', which you'll find in the book, Personal best by David Rock - a great mathematical matrix-style approach to making important choices and 2) www.myprofile.com.au, an online behavioural personality assessment tool that can help you identify your working personality as well as career options that match it. It's a great and inexpensive exercise to do, especially for anyone considering self-employment. I guarantee, both these resources are far better than the 'let the options swim around in my head until something pops out' approach.
- Create an action plan: Once you've made a choice, it's time to commit to it and take action. You might not know exactly how you'll do it, so to begin with, focus your attention on creating the strategies for your action plan - the what you need to do. The relevant actions associated with each strategy will soon become apparent as you start moving.
- Set a timetable: Now that you've created a plan, assign start dates to each of your strategies to ensure you get into action. Start dates are particularly helpful if you're a procrastinator!
- Action the plan: Get started and get support where you might need it from someone independent who wants to see you succeed, such as a coach or mentor. As well as providing support and accountability, working with a partner will provide you with a fresh perspective to your own, a sounding board and the opportunity to receive valuable feedback - all of which we miss out on when we work alone.
- Enjoy your dream career!
Remember, our career goals don't always need to be restricted to reaching our desired, ultimate destination. They can also relate to the short-term (the next 3 - 6 months), medium term (within the next 2 - 5 years) or long term, (5 years +) and can act as stepping stones to finding or creating our dream career.
For more free coaching tips and strategies to help you create and live the life you've always wanted - your ideal business, dream career, more quality time, loving and fulfilling relationships, more energy, more balance and more fun - and to find out more about one-to-one business, executive or life coaching with Tania or to purchase your copy of The Energy Tapping Workshop DVD and workbook package, visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au.
| Group Telecoaching - 2007 Intentional Resolutions
Join me in my upcoming ...
GROUP TELECOACHING series - '2007 INTENTIONAL RESOLUTIONS'
... a 'fun and inspiring' 6-session group telecoaching series, held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, starting 28 February 2007, 8 pm (Adelaide C.S.T.)
This coaching series will start with bringing our goals to life and making them inspiring, so we are drawn to achieving them.
In our second session, we'll create strategies to achieve each of our goals successfully, and our remaining sessions will be based on creative topics to help us build momentum, stay focused and on-track to achieving our goals.
Finally, we'll complete our coaching series with a virtual group celebration!
Each session will include a '10-minute coaching segment,' where each participant can ask for some coaching from me and share in coaching of fellow group members. Participants may also choose to contribute to the success of the group by presenting a session topic.
Your resolve will deepen with the support of the group as well as myself - an experienced, professional coach.
So, no matter where you might be located in Australia or in the world - from the UK to Asia to NZ, I invite you to join me by telephone, from the comfort of your home or office.
I've found group coaching an easy and enjoyable way of achieving my business, professional and personal goals and I'd like to offer you the same structure, strategies and support for that to happen for you, too!
As a Living the dream e-zine subscriber, I'd also like to offer you a place in this group at a *subscriber special price* if you register your spot before 1 January 2007.
***Special e-zine subscriber price*** If you'd like to join this coaching group, I'd like to offer you a place NOW at just $195.00! if you register and pay by Monday 1 January 2007. That's a saving of $100.00 off the regular program price of $295.00 and works out at just *$32.50* per session.
For further information call me on + 61 8 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in now to ensure you have a structure in place to help you get off to a flying start and keep your goals on track in 2007!
| Spring Special Competition
Only 3 days to go!!! ENTER NOW - over $150 value.
Winner drawn 30 November 2006.
Simply click on the competition image to enter for your chance to WIN a copy of the TOTAL Energy Tapping Workshop DVD Package, including:
- Downloadable workbook
- Full-colour workbook in hard cover folder
plus a 60-minute consultation (in person or by telephone) with me.
For more information about energy tapping visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php
| Feeling Stressed? Energy Tapping Can Help You!
Rushing to get everything done before Christmas? A million things racing through your mind? Feeling stressed?
Don't toss and turn in bed or wake up in a cold sweat! In less than an hour, you can learn how to use energy tapping - anywhere, anytime - a lifetime skill at your fingertips to help you when you need it!
My Energy Tapping Workshop DVD will teach you, step-by-step how to use E.F.T. to help you:
- eliminate stress, anxiety, depression and panic attacks
- control your fears - like crowds, heights, flying, spiders, public speaking
- end your self-sabotaging and limiting beliefs and behaviours
- overcome procrastination and increase motivation
- improve your self-confidence and self-esteem
- subdue overwhelming feelings
- boost your sports performance
- recover from addictions - like alcohol, smoking, gambling, substance abuse
- relieve debilitating pain - like backache and migraine headaches
- lose weight.
Note, these are just some of the many ways you can use E.F.T. !
You'll see there are three DVD package options available for you to choose from, including the *new* TOTAL package, so no matter whether you have some or no prior experience of E.F.T., there'll be a package to suit you.
I'm also available for 60-minute consultations, by telephone or in person, if you'd like to work with me one-to-one.
To read testimonials and reviews or to order one of my DVDs, click on the Energy Tapping workshop button now!
Get ready to break free from whatever is holding you back in just minutes with energy tapping.
| Next Month: 10 Ways to De-stress
As the year draws to a close, many of us are rushing to get things done both at work and around the home as well as keep up with Christmas shopping, Christmas and New Years Eve celebrations, etc.
Remember to take time out to look after yourself so you can enjoy this wonderful time of the year.
Next month I'll share some great ways to help you de-stress.
| Professional Development Sessions
Earlier this month, I delivered two professional development sessions at the 2006 CPA Congress in Adelaide.
The first was attended by just over 100 people on the topic De-Stress, break free and enjoy life: improving your life through energy tapping. The second one was entitled Clarifying, setting and achieving your career goals, with just over 200 participants.
If either of these topics is of interest to you or your organisation, I am now available again for speaking engagements and would be delighted to present these or any of my Top 10 series topics to your group or workplace.
For a full list of my Top 10 topics go to: http://www.blueskycoaching.com.au/resources_ttt.php
| Sponsors and Advertisements
Want to work in a great place? Want to choose your own hours? Want interesting, challenging work?
Some organisations are better than others at selling what they have to offer.
There is a consultancy in Adelaide that helps other organisations attract and retain talent (by meeting employees' expectations and needs). It's HR Development at Work.
If you know an HR Manager who:
- tell them about the Attracting and Retaining Talent Masterclasses (in Adelaide and interstate). Send them to www.attractingandretainingtalent.com.au for more information or to see what some past Masterclass participants have said about how this Masterclass helped them. Next Adelaide Masterclass 23 March 2007.
Contact Bridget, Principal Consultant, HR Development at Work, via email@example.com or (08) 8322 8455 for more information about any attraction and retention services.
We all have to wear clothes - and the image we project can impact on all parts of our personal and professional lives
Style In The City Image Consulting, a mobile Image Consulting service provides for men and women:
* Colour Analysis * Style Consultation
* Wardrobe Detox * Personal Shopping
With your own image consultant, you will stop making fashion blunders and wasting money on clothes and accessories you'll only wear once.
Take the guesswork out of looking great!
** Special offer **
Mention this ad and receive a Complimentary Image Analysis and 10% off all services! (Until 31 Dec 2006)
Gift vouchers also available, a stylish gift to give for Christmas!
Please phone Lisa Cimmino to commence your style journey, on 0412 080 463.
Employment Profiling Pty Ltd.
Behavioural and Recruitment Specialists
Improve your recruitment and employee retention rate. In a tight labour market, it's essential to tailor your job offer to applicant needs.
We reduce the risks of a wrong employment decision - you save on recruitment and replacement costs.
Researched templates provide predictive accuracy rates of 80% or greater.
Our profiling contributes to improved productivity of employees - your business benefits.
We target and assess against high performance behavioural competencies - not norms or averages. After all, is your business 'average'?
Our candidate profiles are unique to the individual.
We eliminate expensive agency fees - you retain control of the process.
Increase productivity. Reduce employee turnover. Eliminate poor customer handling and decision making.
Contact us now for a complimentary demonstration profile.
Don Dobie 0408 740 700
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot, e-mail Tania your details today at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.