I hope you've had a lovely Christmas, surrounded by your loved ones.
Ours has been very special this year, being our little boy Jake's first Christmas. To see our latest family photos (mostly of Jake) visit: http://homepage.mac.com/lionandblue/basheer/slides/048-05448.html.
This month's issue is dedicated to everyone who finds it difficult to unwind.
I remember the days before I started to practice relaxation techniques regularly. Whenever I took two weeks' holiday, it would take me the whole first week to de-stress!
So, whether you're working flat out at this time of year or enjoying some holiday time off, I hope this month's tips will help you feel your best!
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
| Feature: 10 Ways to De-stress
Many of us spend a lot of our days stressed and rely on the weekend or, worse, on taking a few days' holiday once or twice a year, to relax and de-stress. Some of us even find it difficult to relax without a drink or a cigarette, or to fall asleep without taking a tranquiliser.
To stay healthy and happy, we need to get the right mix between stress and relaxation in our lives.
Look at what might be causing you stress. Eliminate any unnecessary stressors and learn new ways to deal with others, such as seeing the stressor as a challenge. Learn a few conscious relaxation techniques and use them regularly. Explore new ways of expanding your mind. Honour yourself, your priorities, goals and dreams and create environments that nurture and support you.
As a life coach, I can also help you! Please feel free to call me if you'd like to discuss and gain insight into your situation.
Here are 10 techniques and therapies I recommend to regain a sense of physical and mental relaxation:
- Massage: A massage will not only relieve stiff, tired muscles, it also has a wonderful effect on our sense of wellbeing, as it encourages the release of 'feel good' endorphins. My absolute favourite is a foot massage.
- Meditation: Meditating a little each day is a great way to regain a sense of wholeness. I highly recommend two meditation resources: 1. Shirley MacLaine's Inner Workout, a beautiful guided chakra-balancing meditation and 2. An amazing meditation CD that I often listen to, which you can find at www.meditate.com.au.
- Yoga stretches: Have you ever watched a cat waking up? The cat will often start with an exaggerated yawn, then arch its back until stretched to its limit, before slowly letting go. Cats know instinctively the value of stretching to maintain flexibility. Inflexibility within our bodies can in turn affect our mental flexibility and we can become stuck in thought as well as action. If you spend a lot of your working days sitting at a desk, you might like to try the 'seated cat stretch.' Pull your chair back from your desk slightly to give yourself more room, then gently bend forward, without straining and clasp your ankles. Carefully arch your back to stretch, then relax back into your chair and repeat. Too hard? Then you might like to find a yoga class or teacher near you. I really enjoyed attending weekly pre-natal yoga classes throughout my pregnancy and did my last class a few days before Jake was born.
- Flower essences and remedies: Edward Bach (a medical doctor) developed Bach flower remedies in the 1930s. His 38 master essences capture the vibrational healing essence of plants to heal emotional imbalances. His Rescue remedy, a combination of five flower extracts of rock rose, impatiens, clematis, star of bethlehem and cherry plum, can help at times when you need comfort and reassurance. Or, try the Australian equivalent, Emergency essence, from Australian bush flower essences.
- Emotional freedom technique (EFT) or Energy tapping: I love this technique. It's the all-time, most powerful and quickest stress management tool I know. What I especially love about it, is that you can use it almost anywhere, anytime. It takes just a few minutes to do and can reduce your stress levels by half in less than 5 minutes! If you'd like to learn this technique, from the comfort of home, please visit my website at www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php. I have three Energy Tapping Workshop DVD packages available for you to choose from, or, if you'd prefer, I'd be delighted to teach you E.F.T. in a one-to-one session either in person or by telephone. You might also like to visit www.emofree.com, the content-rich website of the creator of E.F.T., Gary Craig.
- Reflexology: A reflexology session can be both relaxing and stimulating. During a treatment, all parts of the feet are stimulated. As muscle tensions are relaxed and the nerve supply freed from constriction, the body slips into a deep state of relaxation. At the same time, the circulation is being stimulated to bring nutrients to all parts of the body and remove toxins.
- Shiatsu: A traditional Japanese remedial therapy in which the practitioner might use thumbs, hands, arms, elbows, knees and even feet to apply gentle yet firm pressure. Holding, stretching and a range of motion techniques are also used to assess, relax, harmonise and balance the flow of energy throughout the body. A typical treatment might also incorporate accupressure. Devotees of Shiatsu will tell you it's the ultimate stress buster.
- T'ai Chi: This is an ancient form of slow, graceful and rhythmic exercise that originated in China and is often performed in parks in the fresh morning air. It has its roots in Taoist philosophy. The movements gently tone and strengthen the organs and muscles, improve circulation and posture and relax both mind and body.
- Bath bliss: It's easy to forget the stress-relieving potential of a long, lazy bath. Water - especially when fortified with essential oils or sea salt - has the power to soothe, heal and relax a tense body and lift a fatigued spirit. When using oils in the bath, add five drops just before you get in. The oils will form a thin film on the surface of the water and, aided by the relaxing warmth of the water, will be absorbed by your skin to produce an immediate psychological and physiological effect as you breathe in the scent. To relax and unwind, try a blend of three drops of lavender and two drops on ylang ylang.
- Spring Forest Qi Gong: Another beautiful exercise, which I've found profoundly relaxing, is called Breathing of the universe. It works by balancing the energy both outside and inside your body. To do this, stand with your toes pointed forward, your knees slightly bent. Then, set your feet a little more than shoulder width apart for good balance. Look forward. Smile. Relax! Draw your chin back a little to straighten the spine. Open your fingers. Drop your shoulders. Now shift your elbows outward a little. Slowly take three deep, silent and gentle breaths. Imagine using your whole body to breathe. Visualise the universal energy coming into every cell of your body. When you exhale, visualise any pain or sickness changing into smoke and shooting out from every cell in your body to the ends of the universe. Close your eyes and lips and repeat the password 'I am in the universe. The universe is in my body. The universe and I combine together.' Take a moment to feel the emptiness, the quietness, the stillness of the universe. Start with your hands poised in front of you, fingers parted, as if holding a large ball. As you inhale, move your hands away from each other to the sides. As you exhale, bring your hands back together, but without touching. Feel the energy in the space between your hands as you move them apart and back together again. Do the exercise for six minutes. When finished, sit and relax for several minutes. For more information on Spring Forest Qi Gong, call US toll-free 877-511-1100.
For details of Living the dream readers who are practitioners in these areas, please refer to sponsors and advertisements at the end of this newsletter.
For more free coaching tips and strategies to help you create and live the life you've always wanted - your ideal business, dream career, more quality time, loving and fulfilling relationships, more energy, more balance and more fun - and to find out more about one-to-one business, executive or life coaching with Tania or to purchase your copy of The Energy Tapping Workshop DVD and workbook package, visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au.
| Group Telecoaching - 2007 Intentional Resolutions
Would you like to have a fun and inspiring way to achieve your 2007 goals and dreams?
Then, join me in my 2007 Intentional Resolutions 6-session group telephone coaching series, starting Wednesday evening, 28 February 2007.
This coaching series is designed to be an easy and enjoyable way to achieve your business, professional or personal goals by providing you with the structure, strategies and support you need for that to happen.
We start our coaching series by bringing our goals to life and making them inspiring, so we are drawn to achieving them.
In our second session, we'll create strategies to successfully achieve each of our goals and our remaining sessions will be based on creative topics to help us build momentum and stay focused and on-track to achieving our goals.
Finally, we'll complete the coaching series with a virtual group celebration.
Each session will include a '10 minute coaching segment,' where each participant can ask for some coaching from me and share in coaching of fellow group members. Each participant may also choose to contribute to the success of the group by presenting a session topic.
Your resolve will deepen, as you'll have both the support of the group as well as me – an experienced, professional coach to guide you.
So, no matter where you might live in Australia or the world, I invite you to join me by telephone, from the comfort of your home or office.
Our coaching telephone calls will be held on Wednesday evenings, from 8 pm to 9 pm (Adelaide CST) on the following dates:
28 February: Bringing our goals to life!
14 March: Creating the strategies for our Success
28 March: Using the power of our subconscious mind
11 April: Moving past our obstcales and comfort zones
9 May: Tappinmg into our intuition and surrendering control
23 May: Celebration time!
On registration, you'll also receive a $20 phone card to cover all telephone call charges and be provided with the telephone number and password to use for our calls.
COST $295.00* pp (includes GST).
*Note: Special Early Bird Price: Register and pay by Monday, 1 January 2007 and you'll pay just $195.00.
That's $100.00-off the regular price and works out at just $32.50 per call!
To register, call me on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941, Mon-Fri, between 8 am to 8 pm or register online at http://www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ir07.php
| Summer Special Competition
ENTER NOW - over $150 value.
Winner drawn 28 February 2007.
Simply click on the competition image to enter for your chance to WIN a copy of the TOTAL Energy Tapping Workshop DVD Package, including:
- Downloadable workbook
- Full-colour workbook in hard cover folder
plus a 60-minute consultation (in person or by telephone) with me.
For more information about energy tapping visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php
Winner of Christmas Competition: P.O'Leary
| De-stress and More with Energy Tapping!
A few days before Christmas, I held a free teleseminar for my clients and e-zine subscribers on How to cut your stress levels in half in less than 5 minutes, using E.F.T.
And, I'm happy to report that EVERYONE on the call experienced the promised 50% drop in their stress levels, some by even more than 50%, and all in less than 5 minutes, including Theo, who started out as an '11' and finished at '5'.
If you're now ready to experience the power of E.F.T., an amazing stress management technique that you can use yourself - anywhere, anytime - and have at your fingertips to use when you need it, visit my website at www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php.
My Energy Tapping Workshop DVD will teach you, step-by-step, how to use E.F.T. to help you:
- eliminate stress, anxiety, depression and panic attacks
- control your fears - like crowds, heights, flying, spiders, public speaking
- end your self-sabotaging and limiting beliefs and behaviours
- overcome procrastination and increase motivation
- improve your self-confidence and self-esteem
- subdue overwhelming feelings
- boost your sports performance
- recover from addictions - like alcohol, smoking, gambling, substance abuse
- relieve debilitating pain - like backache and migraine headaches
- lose weight.
Note, these are just some of the many ways you can use E.F.T. !
You'll see there are three DVD package options available for you to choose from, including the *new* TOTAL package, so no matter whether you have some or no prior experience of E.F.T., there'll be a package to suit you at www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php.
I'm also available for 60-minute consultations, by telephone or in person, if you'd like to work with me one-to-one.
To read testimonials and reviews or to order one of my DVDs, click on the Energy Tapping workshop button now!
Break free from whatever is holding you back, in just minutes, with energy tapping.
| Next Month: 10 Steps to Success and Abundance
As we head into a New Year, next month we'll look at some steps we can take to ensure our success and abundance.
| Do You Need a Professional Speaker?
Are you looking for a professional speaker for your next event - conference, seminar or workplace training session?
I'm now available again for speaking engagements and would be delighted to present any of my Top 10 series topics to your group or workplace. For a full list of my Top 10 topics go to: http://www.blueskycoaching.com.au/resources_ttt.php
| Sponsors and Advertisements
Relaxation, Harmony, Balance
The way to better health!
(Foot Reflexology - Shiatsu - Accupressure - Chinese Massage - Ta'i Chi)
STRESS ... It's blamed for nearly everything nowadays.
Long-term exposure to stress can lead to serious health problems.
I am a qualified practitioner of Oriental Therapies. The therapies I practice are based on Traditional Chinese Medicine and have been proven over several thousand years. They are profoundly relaxing and allow the body, mind and spirit to regain harmony and balance.
I would love to help you or a loved one to achieve optimal health.
Please visit my website at www.waytobetterhealth.com.au, or email or text me for more information on the various therapies available and how they can help you retain or regain your most valuable asset, your health.
Mobile 0414 516 165
p.s. Mention Tania at Blue Sky Coaching when booking a session and receive a bonus 30-minute foot massage for yourself or a friend (some conditions apply).
Diana Jemson offers a range of relaxing and healing modalities to make you feel good and give you a 'heads up' on what's to come.
Her services include: Bach flower remedies, energetic healing, massage with essential oils, numerology, tarot and workshops.
Diana is offering the following specials (tailored for Tania's clients) valid until 14 February 2007:
- Personalised Bach flower remedy $20.00 - includes up to seven remedies in 30 ml dosage bottles, supporting you through times of change (normally $35.00)
- Numerology reading $20.00 - this reading gives you your day number and life number and a daily reading for every day of the year. Available via email (normally $55.00)
- Tarot Reading $10.00 - a ten-minute, ten-card spread. Appointment necessary (normally $20.00).
Contact Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org, on (08) 8332 1338 r 0412 184 609 or visit her website www.dianajemson.com.
Take the stress out of looking good and feeling great.
Style In The City Image Consulting, a mobile image consulting service, provides for men and women:
* Colour Analysis * Style Consultation
* Wardrobe Detox * Personal Shopping
With your own image consultant, you'll stop making fashion blunders and wasting money on clothes and accessories you'll only wear once.
Be inspired with some stylish solutions in the New Year!
** Special offer **
Mention this ad and receive a Complimentary Image Analysis and 10% off all services!
Gift vouchers also available.
Please phone Lisa Cimmino to commence your style journey, on 0412 080 463.
Learning to meditate for busy people
Do you want to learn how to let go of life's busyness and be still?
Do you want to find instant relief from tension and anxiety?
Learning to meditate for busy people is designed for people with little or no previous experience of meditation and offers you the opportunity to learn simple, yet reliable meditation and relaxation techniques that will help you relax and meditate effortlessly, restoring a sense of wellbeing and peace of mind.
Contact Anna at Swift Life Coaching on 0411 618 808 for course dates and times for 2007.
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let over five hundred entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at email@example.com and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.