Even though I've found this month personally challenging, it's also been exciting and fascinating at the same time.
Rick and I really experienced the highs and lows of parenthood, travelling to Perth with Jake while he was sick. What a beautiful place! Even though we only had a limited amount of time to explore Perth, we did get to visit the Swan Bells (Jake's favourite), Kings Park and Jacob's Ladder, Fremantle and Cottlesloe Beach (my favourite) and caught up with two of my coach friends.
This month, I also sold my first DVD package in Fiji, thanks to a referral source in Adelaide and, I welcome my first subscriber from Iceland!
I hope you enjoy this month's issue. If you're not in business, please feel free to forward on this month's tips to anyone you know who is. I'm sure they'll find the marketing strategies really helpful.
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
| Feature: 10 Marketing Strategies for Your SOHO
Public speaking can be a really effective and low-cost marketing strategy to use to attract business.
Here are 10 more strategies that, according to Jay Levinson and Seth Godin - authors of Guerilla marketing for the home-based business - can be especially effective for small business owners and can give us an advantage over the big guys:
For more business, executive or life coaching tips and strategies to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, as well as information on one-to-one coaching to help you get there, visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au or contact Tania by email on email@example.com or by phone on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941.
- Positioning: Who exactly are you and what do you stand for? While established companies might have a hard time changing their position in the marketplace, home-based businesses can assess the competition and totally re-position themselves in a way that sets them apart.
- Customer service: Overwhelming your customers with personal, unexpected service, dedicated to delivering exactly what they want, is the single best way to keep your customers for life.
- Word of mouth: A SOHO's best friends are enthusiastic customers who go out of their way to refer people to your business. With a well-conceived SOHO marketing plan, you can create a large and growing following of this type.
- Publicity: Home-based businesses can use niche media such as local papers and trade journals or newsletters to establish themselves in their field. Publicity isn't always free, but your investment of time, effort and money can return tremendous dividends.
- Printed materials: An effective image in print is critical for home-based businesses. First impressions generated by flyers, business cards or brochures are extremely important. Consider the cost of producing these marketing materials as an investment, not an expense.
- Direct mail: Although mass audience marketers have turned this potentially powerful tool into an intrusion, as a SOHO, you have the opportunity to turn direct mail on its ear, by using it as a way to build one-to-one relationships with your prospects or existing customers.
- Newsletters: What if you could create a direct communications pipeline between you and your customers - a marketing piece that your prospects would look forward to receiving? You can, with your own regular newsletter or e-zine (electronic magazine).
- Classified ads: Imagine a low-cost marketing medium where people come looking to buy from you. Classifieds are often useless to big business, but can be a solid gold weapon for the home-based business.
- Networking: Virtually every buying decision is based on trust and trust is generated through personal relationships. Networking is an opportunity for the SOHO business owner to get out and meet their prospects in person. Remember to follow-up any prospects you meet with your other marketing tools, such as direct mail, your newsletter, brochure or a follow-up phone call.
- The telephone: The great marketing equaliser is the telephone! By definition, a telephone conversation is a one-to-one interaction, which is perfect for you. You offer the prospect the chance to speak directly with the CEO, no matter where they might be located in the world.
| WA CPA Congress Speaking Gig
A quick thank you to everyone at CPA Australia who made our time in Perth last week so enjoyable, and to the biggest audience that I've had yet for an energy tapping workshop - 219 people!
I spoke to several participants after the session and was thrilled to get their feedback on how their brief taste of E.F.T. had already impacted on them, and to hear their fascination with how they might be able to use it.
It was interesting that the first question I received when I finished speaking was about The secret and how I saw E.F.T. fitting in with its message about the laws of attraction.
My thoughts about that are that, unless your feelings are aligned with what it is you are focusing on attracting or creating in your life, the laws of attraction won't work for you, so E.F.T. is a great tool to use to remove any self-imposed barriers you might have - such as negative thoughts, feelings or behaviours - that are getting in the way of your achieving what you want.
To learn more about E.F.T. and the many ways you can use it, visit my website at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php
| Autumn Special Competition
ENTER NOW! Over $150 value! Winner drawn 31 May.
Simply click on the competition image to enter for your chance to WIN a copy of The Total Energy Tapping Workshop DVD Package, including:
- Downloadable workbook
- Full-colour workbook in hard cover folder
plus a 60-minute consultation (in person or by telephone) with me.
For more information about energy tapping visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php
| Unlock the Secret to a Calm, Relaxed Mind with E.F
Learn E.F.T. - a simple, but powerful, easy-to-use technique.
Master this technique in less than an hour by watching my Energy Tapping Workshop DVD, and then use it virtually anywhere, anytime, to dissolve your negative thoughts, feelings and behaviours in just minutes!
Visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php to purchase your copy of The Energy Tapping Workshop DVD package, and experience more calm, peace and happiness.
For more information about E.F.T. or to arrange a private one-to-one session with me, in person or by telephone, call me on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941.
| Next Month: Top 10 Ways to Close the Sale
Now that you have some great strategies to use to market your SOHO business, the next critical step is to turn your interested prospects into paying customers.
Next month we'll look at 10 tried and tested ways to close the sale.
| Refer a Friend and Receive a $50 Myer Gift Voucher
Reader, I've found word of mouth marketing has been largely responsible for the continued growth and prosperity of my business.
So, as a token of my appreciation, you'll receive a $50 Myer gift certificate for any family, friends or colleagues you refer to me for a business, executive or life coaching series, and your friend will receive $50 off their first month of coaching if they mention that you referred them.
| Sponsors and Advertisements
The Manager's Role in Retention TM
4 July 2007, 9 am - 5 pm, Adelaide
Discover why top performers join your organisation - why they resign - and how you, as a manager, supervisor or team leader can influence this.
Could your managers, team leaders and supervisors benefit from a deeper understanding of their role in retention? You could prevent 50% of the staff in your organisation from leaving by improving management and leadership style.
To complement our Attracting and Retaining Talent Masterclass, we now offer a new workshop for the leaders in your business: The Manager's Role in Retention TM.
This workshop is aimed at managers, team leaders and supervisors - those who have a direct impact on employees' intentions to quit. To book, please call (08) 8322 8455.
Or, to arrange in-house delivery of this workshop, please contact Bridget Hogg, Principal Consultant, HR Development at Work - Adelaide's Attraction and Retention Consultancy on (08) 8322 8455
Learn How to Fish!
Discover the profits hidden within your business and have the opportunity to increase your turnover by 30%
Transform, Australasia's only dedicated hospitality, retail and tourism coaching company, is holding a not-to-be-missed workshop in Adelaide on 28 June, to be conducted by James O'Connell, founder and director of Transform.
Over the last 4 years, James has generated 15 million dollars for his clients alone.
What previous attendees said about this workshop:
'What an inspiring, thought provoking speaker!'
Irene Psellos - Top of the World
'James is clear and tough. I came away energized and with a clear vision'
Kath Kerry - Art Gallery Restaurant
'A completely uplifting, motivating experience. The best 3 hours you can spend on your business.'
Wayne Angove - Market 190
Venue - Art Gallery of SA
Date - 28 June 2007
Time - 9 am for a 9.30 am start - 12.30 pm
Cost - $195.00 + gst, or for Business SA members, $90.00 + gst
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Josh Hampton on 0430 199 888.
Australia's Best-kept Secret ... Kakadu Juice!
Are you looking for a product that will increase vitality and wellness whilst providing an opportunity for increased income?
Let us introduce you to Australia's best-kept secret ... Kakadu Juice!
Kakadu International is an Australian company producing an all-natural product, with excellent results already being achieved, and exciting financial potential for little outlay.
This is a new Australian health product containing native bush foods, that is about to take Australia and the world by storm.
Leading physicians have carefully blended the strongest native fruits and flowers with other whole foods known for their richness of essential nutrients and healing compounds, to create an amazing food beverage producing great health benefits.
No gimmicks, nothing synthetic, just delicious, real whole foods with attitude!
For more information, please call Cheryl 0404 771 608 or Anne 0430 300 783.
B. Education ~ 0413 800 663
Hello! I am Sandra and I have a degree in Education as well as training in the Montessori method of teaching.
I have had a large amount of child minding experience with children of all ages and have a passion for encouraging and developing children!
I work as a relief teacher, babysitter, tutor, live-in weekend nanny, supervisor of family functions, children's parties etc.
Ages birth to 16 years.
To find out more about the fantastic services I can offer you and your children, please call me on 0413 800 663.
I would love to hear from you!
SPEAKERS' CORNER TOASTMASTERS
Toastmasters is all about better thinking, better listening and better speaking.
Speakers' Corner Toastmasters is about improving your communication skills whilst having fun at the same time.
By joining our club you will
- improve your presentation skills
- learn to think and speak on your feet
- learn how to run business meetings
- improve your social interaction skills
Guest attendance is F.R.E.E!
We meet at The Fountain Inn, 142 Glen Osmond Road, Parkside, at 6.45 pm on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month.
Contact Sharon on: 0438 831 877 or email@example.com for more information.
Market Verve exclusive Australian distributor of jinja jewellery brings you a selection of beautiful and unique handmade jewellery and accessories.
Accessories are a wonderful and inexpensive way to brighten your style and update an outfit and also make wonderful personal gifts for friends and family.
Get a group together, have some fun and let me bring jinja to you.
Host a party and receive $60.00 to spend on anything from within the jinga range.
New designs arriving weekly
Call or e-mail Judy on
0411 422 450 or (08) 8490 4288
Minimum 10 people for party bookings.
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let over five hundred entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about?
To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.