Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
And, if not now, when?
- Hillel the Elder
Next month's feature:
10 Secrets of Successful Entrepreneurs
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written to inform, inspire and invite you to take action and start living your dream.
If you enjoy reading this e-zine, please feel free to share it with anyone else you think might enjoy it too.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine anytime at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
I hope you're having a relaxing weekend.
I'm starting to get excited about Christmas being just around the corner. Rick and I have been talking about taking Jake to see his first Christmas Pageant. He's 15 months old now, so we're not sure if he'll find the big floats and fanfare exciting or terrifying. Perhaps we need to think a bit more about a good vantage point that's close enough, without being too close to the action.
I hope you enjoy this month's tips as well as the new look of the e-zine. Let me know if you've noticed a difference.
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Ways to Get and Stay Motivated
As this year slowly draws to a close, (have you noticed?), now might be a good time to take stock of any unfinished business or projects you'd like to complete by year end.
Do you have any that have been lingering for a while, frustrating you, or that you just can't seem to bring yourself to complete?
Here are ten tips to help you get moving and stay motivated:
- Visualise: Take a few minutes to imagine exactly what it would be like or feel like for you when you've completed your project or achieved your goal. Create a powerful, inspiring vision and you'll feel inspired to live into it and to do what it takes to turn your vision into reality.
- Get in touch with exactly what you're moving toward, as well as what you're moving away from: We can all lack motivation at times in relation to our goals, so if you find yourself feeling ambivalent, remind yourself of what it is you want to move towards - for example, feeling healthy and good in your own skin - and what it is you want to move away from - constantly feeling tired, catching every bug that's going around and embarrassed to be seen in swimmers on the beach.
- See any obstacles that might arise as welcome challenges: When we challenge ourselves we both learn and grow. Take on the challenge with a positive outlook and experience the boost to your energy that it brings.
- Don't over-do it!: Never take on too much at once. It's a classic way to self-sabotage. When you feel overwhelmed with projects and responsibilities, you won't have enough energy to feel motivated.
- Clear the way to your success: Get rid of anything that is cluttering your surroundings. Clutter can make you feel sluggish as well as confused.
- Create detailed, step-by-step action plans for anything you're finding hard to either start or complete: One reason that goals and projects aren't either started or successfully wrapped up is because there's a lack of clarity around exactly what needs to be done.
- Use deadlines and rewards: Remember that a task can grow according to the amount of time allocated to doing it. If you have an unpleasant task to do, or one that's simply draining your energy just thinking about it, consider how quickly you can realistically get it over and done with and schedule it in. Before you start, focus on how much better you'll feel when it's done and give yourself a much deserved reward when you've finished.
- Use start dates: If you're a project manager, you'll be just as familiar with having a start date as with a deadline. Committing to a start date and completing a specific action, no matter how small, toward your goal, will get you in motion and can fire up your motivation.
- Put motivators in places you'll regularly see them: These can be objects, symbols, pictures or words - anything that inspires you to take action. Have them at home, work, in your wallet, on your mirror, your fridge, or create a screensaver.
- Get a coach!: Working with your own coach is like having a mentor, manager, personal trainer and sports coach all at the same time. Your coach can work with you one-to-one, or you might like to join a coaching group of like-minded people who, together with a coach as facilitator, can support you and challenge you to be your personal best.
For more business, executive or life coaching tips and strategies to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, as well as information on one-to-one coaching to help you get there, visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au or contact Tania by e-mail on email@example.com or by phone on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941.
Congratulations my 600th Subscriber!
Congratulations to the two Susans - Susan Lee, my 600th e-zine subscriber and to Susan Andrews for referring Susan Lee, as a new subscriber to Living the dream.
You each win a $50 Myer gift card. Please enjoy a shopping trip on me!
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream ezine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
Spring Special Competition
ENTER TODAY! Over $250 value. Winner drawn 30 November 2007.
Simply click on the competition image to enter for your chance to WIN a copy of Mastering the Rockefeller Habits by Verne Harnish
plus a 90-minute business coaching session (in person or by telephone) with me.
For more information about business coaching with me, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/businesscoaching.php
Book Now! Last Energy Tapping Workshop for 2007
I'll be holding my last Energy Tapping Workshop for this year on Saturday, 8 December 2007 at Fullarton Park Centre, corner of Fisher Street and Fullarton Road, Fullarton SA from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm.
Energy Tapping is a very powerful technique that you can learn in just a few hours and then use for a lifetime, virtually anywhere, anytime.
It can help you to quickly ...
Release stress; improve motivation and sports performance; dissolve feelings of overwhelm and procrastination; overcome fears like flying, heights, animals, public speaking, exams, meeting new people; eliminate panic attacks; deal with self-sabotaging and limiting beliefs and behaviours like 'I could never do that', 'It's not possible'; alleviate depression and the effects of past traumas; deal with addictions and cravings like food, smoking, gambling; as well as relieve physical ailments such as sore neck, back and shoulder pain and migraine headaches!
In addition to learning this fascinating technique in just 3 hours, you'll receive a comprehensive workbook and a copy of my Energy Tapping DVD to watch again whenever you like and share with family and friends.
*Special* Subscriber Price: $129*
* As a Living the dream subscriber, you or any person you refer to this workshop, will receive a discount of $20 off the usual workshop price of $149.
To book a place: Call me on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 or register on-line, using the special promotional code ‘ForMe’ to claim your special subscriber discount at www.blueskycoaching.com.au/eft_form.php.
Registrations close: Friday, 30 November 2007.
Next Month: 10 Secrets of Successful Entrepreneurs
Tune in next month to learn ten secrets from successful Australian entrepreneurs, such as John McGrath of McGrath Estate Agents and Gerry Harvey of Harvey Norman.
Sponsors and Advertisements
What will you wish for this Christmas?
This Christmas you can make wishes come true for seriously ill children throughout Australia.
Every day, the Starlight Children's Foundation and Captain Starlight brighten the lives of sick children.
Living with illness or injury can cause enormous strain in the lives of children and their families. Something as simple as a trip to the movies is difficult to achieve - in fact, normal family activities are really more of a dream.
Your support of the Starlight Children's Foundation this Christmas will help Starlight bring some magic into children's lives.
Here's how you can help Starlight ... your support through fundraising or donations will help grant the wish of a lifetime for a child, or provide their family a well needed and fun outing - probably their first in months!
To make a donation on-line, please visit www.starlight.org.au or contact Linda McIntyre on (08) 8407 2250 to find out how you or your organisation can help Starlight.
Sorted Space Workshop
Manage the flow of paper in and out of your home/office
Tuesday, 30 October 2007
Spring is here and now the days are warming up, many of us want to spend more time outdoors, so why not attend a workshop that can show you how to reduce the time you spend dealing with paperwork and free yourself up to do the things that you really enjoy!
Belinda Wheeley-Lea will demonstrate simple paperwork systems you can create that work for you. Swap ideas with other participants and enjoy a glass of bubbly with our compliments, whilst you learn.
Cost: $30 of which $20 is redeemable for Sorted Space products on the night.
Bookings can be made in-store, or over the phone on (08) 8333 0793, with a credit card.
But hurry, places are limited to ten participants per workshop.
215d The Parade, Norwood SA 5067
Bonza Bins, 2,4 or 6-cubic metre bins for rubbish removal.We can help you de-clutter and simplify your life. Whether you want to get rid of those boxes of old paperwork, clean out the shed, tidy the back yard , or maybe you are renovating the bathroom or putting in a new kitchen - we can put a bin nearby for all the bits you want to be rid of.
Call Terry on 0418 824 175 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site www.bonzabins.com.au for prompt courteous service. Bonza Bins - they're bonza mate!
Are You "Out-of-Order"?!
Paperwork is a necessary part of each business and household and can be the difference between a clear conscience and a burdened mind. For some of us, handling paperwork comes naturally. For others, it doesn't and the piles of papers grow and overflow… stuffed in drawers, on dusty floors, and tucked beneath the computer desk. We kid ourselves that whatever we've buried in those piles won't ever be needed but, inevitably, tax time beckons, tomorrow's flight itinerary is missing, and this all contributes to that "out of control" feeling.
Kick It To Me Administration Solutions (KITMAS) provides:
- Administration Requirements
- Office Management
- Event Organisation
- Project Management
- Secretarial Services
While you concentrate on what you do best, KITMAS will create and implement structure within your business or household to support you.
KICK the admin TO ME!
Call or email Sue on 0438 204 074 or email@example.com
Tactile Vision Wellness Centre
Tactile Vision Wellness Centre transforms the traditional experience by delivering a truly integrated approach to health and wellness.
Spend time at Tactile Vision and enjoy a range of wellness options including massage therapy, sauna, aromatherapy, nutritional counselling, naturopathy and craniosacral therapy.
Sessions are delivered by a team of skilled and experienced health professionals who are dedicated to helping you on your journey toward total wellbeing.
You can choose between relaxation and rejuvenation options, one-off sessions with a health professional or an intensive program tailored to achieve those benefits you seek.
Whether you aim to heal from illness or you want to indulge in pure relaxation, Tactile Vision is committed to your journey to wellness and wellbeing.
Call or email us to find out more.
T: 1300 65 71 70 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let over six hundred entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at email@example.com and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.