Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
'People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the seas, at the long course of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and yet they pass by themselves without wondering.'
- St. Augustine
Next month's feature:
10 Ways to Increase your Self-Confidence
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written to inform, inspire and invite you to take action and start living your dream.
If you enjoy reading this e-zine, please feel free to share it with anyone else you think might enjoy it too.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine anytime at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
I hope you've had a lovely Christmas and didn't eat too much!
Rick, Jake and I enjoyed a wonderful Christmas lunch with both our extended families and we've again got a house full of presents for Jake. See Jake and I visiting Santa while he was in Adelaide.
I absolutely love this time of year and the opportunity to catch up with our many friends who come home to Adelaide for the holidays. Rick, Jake and I also had a chance to get away for a couple of days before Christmas to Hindmarsh Island - not quite the Fijian island getaway that I'd been dreaming of - but it was very nice all the same.
I hope you're enjoying the holidays and that 2008 will be a wonderful year for you!
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Ways to Get the New Year off to a Great Start
Have you had a good a year? I always enjoy spending some time at the end of each year reflecting on how the year's been for me and to dream about what's coming up next.
Apart from the festivities, what I enjoy most about the Christmas/New Year holidays, is the welcome break from all the 'doing' and the time and space it allows us for just 'being.'
If you'd like to get 2008 off to a great start, consider not just what you might need to 'do' , but who and how you need to 'be' to make it happen. Here are ten suggestions:
- Authentic: The greatest gift that we can give to the world is to simply be ourselves. We're all unique beings, with our own sets of values, talents and gifts. When we're comfortable being ourselves, we allow the people around us to feel the same way. If you're not clear on what your values are, you might like to play The Values Game at www.coachlee.com (look under Resources) to find out.
- Healthy: If your diet isn't supporting you in feeling energetic and well, now's a good time to look at it. Eating less fried foods and more raw foods, preferably organic whenever possible, is an easy way to get started. And of course, drink lots of water.
- Courageous/Brave/Adventurous: What would you do if you weren't afraid? Challenge yourself to be courageous, brave and adventurous and shift out of your comfort zone on a regular basis. By doing so, you'll soon shatter your any self-imposed restrictions you've been living with. Experiment with different experiences as a way to learn and grow.
- Happy: Happiness comes from within. Be responsible for your own happiness. Avoid negative people and situations as much as you can. Know what makes you happy and allocate time for yourself each week, and preferably each day, to feed your soul.
- Collaborative: We can quickly feel overwhelmed when we do everything alone. Is there is a project or venture that you'd like to get off the ground in the New Year? Whether it's work-related, a financial investment or just something fun - consider who you can team up with to make it happen.
- Calm/Peaceful: Make time regularly to relax and enjoy feelings of peace and tranquility. Book in holidays for later in the year, yoga or meditation classes for now to keep your stress levels under control.
- Present: Have you missed out on opportunities in the past or not enjoyed an experience because your mind was somewhere else at the time? Practice being 100% present, wherever you are, and giving your full attention to the task at hand or person you're with.
- Contemplative: Regularly check-in with yourself by asking: 'Is what I'm doing today moving me toward or away from my goals?' When making decisions or choices, ask: 'Is this something I really want to do or think I should do?' Ask your heart as well as your head. When we have energy around and feel passionate about doing something, things often fall into place almost effortlessly.
- Optimistic: Are you a glass half-full or half-empty person? Have you wasted time worrying yourself sick about things that didn't happen? Shift your thinking from focusing your attention on what you don't want or you're afraid of happening to what you do want and notice the difference in your experience.
- Intentional: Before you do anything, create an intention for how you'd like it to turn out. I've done this with both my goals, as well as my days, for years now, and am always pleasantly surprised at how easily, almost magically, things have unfolded as a result.
Other ways of being you might like to contemplate include being creative, generous, kind, loving, strong, fit, spiritual, imaginative, happy, friendly, indulgent, wise, helpful, powerful, respectful, focused, organised, grateful, positive, open-minded.
If you'd like to learn how to use the power of intention to help you achieve your goals in the New Year, join me for my 2008 Intentional Resolutions tele-classes starting on 5 March 2008. Visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au in January for more details and see preliminary notice below.
For more business, executive or life coaching tips and strategies to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, as well as information on one-to-one coaching to help you get there, visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au or contact Tania by e-mail on email@example.com or by phone on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941.
2008 Intentional Resolutions - Preliminary Notice
Register now for this fun and inspiring 6-session group tele-coaching series, created especially to help you stay focused on and easily achieve your goals and dreams in 2008.
This fortnightly telecoaching group will commence on Wednesday 5 March 2008, from 8 pm - 9 pm (Adelaide CST).
Special *subscriber only price* of just $150 will be available only until midnight, Monday 31 December 2007!
If you'd like to take action and sign up now, before I promote this course to the general public via my website, please e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on (08) 8338 3134 to reserve your place at this special *subscriber-only price* only available until 31 December.
Summer Special Competition
Will you win my summer special competition? Enter now! Winner will be drawn on 29 February 2008.
Simply click on the competition image to enter for your chance to WIN Finding your passion, a four-CD live lecture series by Cheryl Richardson PLUS a life coaching session with me, valued at over $150!
Winner Spring Competition: G. Amphlett
De-stress and Break Free with Energy Tapping!
De-stress and break free from whatever is holding you back in life with E.F.T.!
Learn this powerful and fast technique now and have the tools you need at your fingertips to completely dissolve your negative emotions, thoughts or behaviours in just minutes.
Visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php to find out how you can learn E.F.T. at home, or call me on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 to arrange a one-to-one session with me, in person or by telephone.
p.s. As a subscriber to Living the dream e-zine, you can receive any one of my E.F.T. packages free of postage charges if you enter 'ezine' in the promotional code field when you order. My basic packages start from as little as $39!
Next Month: 10 Ways to Increase your Self-Confidence
Do you have enough confidence to do what you would like to do in life?
Next month, we'll look at ways to build your self-confidence levels so you can feel up for any adventure.
Sponsors and Advertisements
School Holiday Performing Arts 3-day Workshops
THAT'S DANCING has devised a workshop for children aged from 5 to 15 years, incorporating all elements of Musical Theatre. Children will learn various skills, improve confidence and enjoy the insight of stardom.
What will you learn?
- Singing/vocal skills
- Dance movement
- Face painting and set design
- and much, much more!
We encourage all children to participate, no experience necessary.
BOOK NOW! Limited numbers so be quick to enrol.
Where: That's Dancing - 475a Brighton Road, Brighton SA
When: 7 - 9 January 2008, 12 - 14 January 2008 and 20 - 22 January 2008
From: 9.30 am - 3.30 pm with before and after hours pick-up available.
Enquiries phone: (08) 8294 8800
Cost: $90 for 3-day workshop - 20% discount on mention of this ad
Sanity | Solutions | Stimulation
- ready-made solutions
- entertain children for hours during school holidays
- gift ideas
- designer party packs
- let us design your activities, we do the hard work
- large or small, your ideas or ours
- for holiday facilities, parents and corporates
- we give the kids a place to start, they take it from there
- fun for every child, educational for the young child
- from lounge room lizards to creative critters!
 8266 1255 : p & f
0407 607 809 : m
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let over six hundred entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at email@example.com and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.