Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
'None of us are as smart as all of us.'
- Japanese proverb
Next month's feature:
10 Things to Delegate to Your Team
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written for small business owners, young entrepreneurs and service industry professionals and filled with cutting edge success tips to help you skyrocket your income, enjoy more personal time off and be known as a star in your field.
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream ezine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 Myer gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine anytime at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
I hope you're enjoying a relaxing Sunday.
We're taking in the final hours of calm before the storm, before builders knock down our kitchen wall tomorrow, (finally!) to make way for a built-in kitchen bench, so we can enjoy casual meals as a family. I've lined up a team of tradesmen to renovate our kitchen in the next two weeks. I can't wait to see the end result.
A two-week renovation project seems like a piece of cake after the five months of renovation work we had done a few years ago. I bet our cats will love exploring all the fun piles of bricks and the tools the tradies leave behind.
If you've been having issues with your team or if you don't have one yet, but should, I hope this month's feature article will help to inspire you to start building one.
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Reasons to Build a Dynamic Team
One secret of successful business owners and managers is that they've learned how to leverage their time, by getting things done through other people. Being in business can be one of the most expansive experiences in the world when you avail yourself of one of the best resources available to you - a dynamic team.
The first time I worked with my own coach (even before I became one) one of my goals was 'Lead a fun, dynamic and productive team.' Back then, I had what I'd describe as a young, inexperienced and very dependent team that sucked up all of my time with their questions. They completely drained my energy and I found work stressful and not much fun.
Within a few months, however, with the help of my first coach and without changing my team members, I was leading a fun, dynamic and productive team! The other managers in our business started to ask me why we all seemed so happy and what I was doing. Our team's results were the best in our business and, because I was happier, we all started to have more fun at work too.
Believe me, it was well worth making a few changes to build my fun, dynamic team. Here are 10 of the benefits I experienced during the process and why I encourage you to build a dynamic team:
- Two heads are better than one: Regardless of what you might be working on in your business, having input from another person offers a fresh perspective to your own and can bring new insights or ways of doing things or approaching a situation. If you're not quite ready for a team member yet, working with a business coach like me once a week can provide the same benefits.
- Everyone has different talents, strengths and weaknesses: All of us have unique talents and gifts, but none of us is good at everything. Consider what your skills, strengths and weaknesses are and how much more you could achieve if you worked towards your desired outcomes with people who are strong in areas that you're not so good at or interested in. To discover your strengths and those of your team members, try MyProfile, an Australian online assessment tool, at: www.myprofile.com.au. Feel free to call me if you have any questions about it or would like me to talk you through this process.
- It can get pretty lonely working on your own: Even entrepreneurs who say they prefer to work alone can suffer from feelings of isolation. Creating a virtual team can alleviate this isolation. Better still, catching up in person with your team members even once a week can provide the experience of connection.
- Many hands make light work: Almost any project or assignment can be completed in less time when more than one person is allocated actions to complete. This also means many more projects or assignments can be successfully started and completed during the course of a year.
- There's safety in numbers: Having a dynamic team means that if, for whatever reason you're not available - due to travel plans, illness or if a sudden surge in workflow occurs - there'll always be someone else available to step up and handle the situation.
- It's nice to be able to take time off that's not sick leave: When you're supported by a strong team you can plan and take extended periods of time off work, with the peace of mind that your business will continue to operate smoothly during that time without you.
- We can't be in two places at once: Each of us can only be in one place at a time, so having a 'clone' of yourself, so to speak, means that more than one equally important priority can be attended to at the same time.
- Someone to watch over me: Keeping promises to your team members can increase your accountability. Your team can also be there to remind you of, or better still, can take care of, important details for you.
- Have a back-up plan: If you can't attend an important event, expo or function personally, it's great to be able to send a team member to represent you and your organisation.
- Delegate/outsource: With a dynamic team in place, you'll finally be able to reclaim hours of your valuable time, by delegating or outsourcing tasks that others can do at either lower cost or greater efficiency than you. This will free you up to focus on the activities that only you can do, that will make money for your business, and to do your personal 'magic'.
Are you happy with your team? If you're having issues with your team, or, if you're ready to start creating one from scratch that will fully support you and your business and you'd like to get it right, the first time, please call me direct on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941. I'd be delighted to help you.
For more business, executive or life coaching tips and strategies to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine/index.php. To find out more about how you can work with me personally, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au, or call me on (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Understand Yourself and Your Team Members
Would you like access to an inexpensive, highly effective and simple-to-use tool that will help you understand yourself and your team members?
A few years ago I discovered a great online Australian behavioural assessment tool called MyProfile. See www.myprofile.com.au
I've used it with many of my business and executive coaching clients for the past five years, with wonderful results. It has helped my clients understand their own unique behavioural styles, identify the strengths and weaknesses of their team members, and has helped them to select the best people for their teams.
MyProfile has also helped my business clients improve communication within their workplaces. I highly recommend it, especially if you're considering assigning new roles and reponsibilities to team members. And, if you're hiring new staff, it's a must to ensure that you choose the right people, right from the start! It can also be used to help with writing effective employment ads that ensure you attract the right kind of applicants.
MyProfile is a great tool too for anyone contemplating a 'sea change' or a career change, as it can be used to identify areas of work that are good matches for you, based on your personality style.
Call me on 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134 to discuss how I might be able to assist you with MyProfile. I'd be happy to forward you copies of some sample profile reports, including mine, for your review.
De-stress and Break Free with EFT!
Are are you concerned about your stress levels?
What if I told you, that I can teach you a proven way to cut your stress levels in half in less than ten minutes? Would you be interested?
I'm really excited about this breakthrough technique and would love to share it with you. EFT is a painless way of addressing the causes of stress in your life and eliminating their negative impact.
Visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php to find out how you can learn EFT anytime through one of my DVD or downloadable EFT packages or call me on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 to arrange a personal one-to-one session with me or a workshop for your group or team.
Autumn Special Competition - Winner Drawn 31 May 2008
To enter my Autumn website competition, simply click on the competition image, or visit: http://www.blueskycoaching.com.au/special.php for your chance to WIN a 90-minute business coaching session with me plus a copy of Secrets of Entrepreneurs Under 40 Exposed! by Dale Beaumont, together valued at over $250!????
In Secrets of Entrepreneurs Under 40 Exposed! you'll discover the amazing stories of fourteen dynamic entrepreneurs, how they think, and their unique inights on what it takes to succeed in business.
Next Month: 10 Things to Delegate to Your Team
Too many business entrepreneurs and managers are overly busy because they're failing to delegate effectively to their teams.
Delegating as a coaching tool is about assigning and entrusting assignments and responsibilities to others. It isn't about giving people tasks to do. By giving others a share in the responsibility for outcomes, you're both letting go of the burden of doing everything yourself and gaining more control of how you'll spend your time to gain the best results for your business.
Sponsors and Advertisements
LIFESTYLE REVIEW WORKSHOP
Tuesday 13 May 2008
9.00 am - 12.30 pm
Repeated studies since the 1940s on what motivates employees have consistently reached the same conclusion. Staff rate emotional benefits the highest - appreciation, sympathetic help with personal problems and thank yous for work well done.
Our Lifestyle Review Workshops have very real work productivity benefits for both the employer and employees, including:
- Helping managers and staff work better, together
- Building staff resilience, to bounce back after a crises
- Being able to stay healthy when under pressure.
Show your staff how much you appreciate them. Offer them the opportunity to experience our next Lifestyle Review Workshop on Tuesday 13 May 2008 at the Education Development Centre, Milner Street, Hindmarsh, South Australia. Cost: $185.00.
Enquiries: Peter Nicholls, Director - Work Leisure International and Workshop Facilitator. Telephone 0417 817 027 or e-mail email@example.com.
Live outside South Australia? Talk to us about running a workshop in your area.
MOTHERS' DAY IS IN THE BOX!
An exquisite offer from FACETS OF BEAUTY and A.S.A.P. Skin Products.
This Amazing Gift Pack Contains:
- 50ml Daily Facial Cleanser
- 50ml Daily Exfoliating Scrub
- 50ml Daily Moisturiser with 30+ Sunscreen
- 30 Capsules Advanced Daily Antioxidants
- 30ml 23% Vitamin C Repair Serum
in an exclusively designed A.S.A.P. gift box.
All this for only $99.95! Valued at $185.00!! Be Quick
FACETS OF BEAUTY
Shop 1-2, 237 Unley Road, MALVERN SA
Tel (08) 8272 7941
In Rose Park, SA
Bowen Technique | Kinesiology | Nutrition | Remedial Massage | Women's Health | Reiki
Bowen is a dynamic, remedial body technique, that is very gentle and relaxing.
It helps to facilitate lasting relief from musculoskeletal discomfort (shoulder/back pain, headaches and whiplash), digestive problems (constipation and bowel issues), respiratory conditions (asthma and hay fever), gynaecological issues (menopausal symptoms and pregnancy) and neurological problems (stroke and Parkinson's).
It can also assist in joint mobility and postural balance and is safe on anyone, from newborns to the elderly.
For more information call Melissa Merrett at Body Sync on 0411 627 939.
Sassy Lingerie is a new Adelaide-based online lingerie store.
Our aim is to source the finest quality, sexiest, most glamorous and special
lingerie, hosiery and complementary products,
especially for you.
Simply register a new account and we’ll send you a
$10 gift voucher!
Be sure to visit our website often to see our growing range and check out the special offers in store now!
Style, glamour, luxury to enjoy everyday!
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.