Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
"It is funny about life: if you refuse to accept anything but the very best you will very often get it."
- W. Somerset Maugham
Next month's feature:
10 Ways to Manage Your Relationships
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written for small business owners, young entrepreneurs and service industry professionals and filled with cutting edge success tips to help you skyrocket your income, enjoy more personal time off and be known as a star in your field.
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream e-zine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 Myer gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine any time at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
Greetings from Queensland's Sunshine Coast!
Rick, Jake and I are enjoying a few days of sunshine, rest and relaxation (although travelling with a two-year-old isn't really all that relaxing) at the Hyatt, Coolum. The perfect escape from the winter cold of Adelaide!
Today's Jake's second birthday, so we're off to Australia Zoo to check out the wildlife. Funny that we haven't actually visited our local zoo at home yet. I can't wait to see Jake's reactions.
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Things To Do When Business Goes Quiet
How do you react when business goes quiet? Many businesses, at some time or other, experience quieter times. This could be due to the seasonal nature of a business, but more often than not, it'll be due to the success or failure of putting goals and strategies in place to ensure a steady flow of business.
It's important to continuously monitor and reflect on the outcomes of your business strategies, and especially to take stock when business is quiet. This will help you plan the actions needed to result in you achieving your business goals.
Here are 10 things you can do when business goes quiet:
- Review existing or prepare new business and strategic plans: You do have written ones, right? Clarify your business purpose and vision and ensure that the directions you're heading in are aligned with your purpose and vision. Review the strategies you've been following and get clear on which ones are and which ones aren't working so well for you. A good business coach can help you here.
- Review your numbers: Get clear on which numbers will help you monitor your current as well as future success. How many new clients did you get/lose this month? How long does it take to see cashflow from a sale? How many sales calls did your sales team make and what was their conversion rate? What was the return on investment on your last advertisement? What is your staff turnover?
- Re-connect with your clients and customers: If you don't already do so, create ways to maintain regular contact with your existing clients, for example through a newsletter, regular mail outs, or phone calls. You do have an up-to-date mailing or contact list for your current and past clients and customers, don't you? If not, now's the time to create one and start using it. If you need a reason to call them, ask them for ideas for your upcoming blog or newsletter. You'll become aware of their current challenges and, needs and by doing so, you can ensure you stay relevant to them.
- Get testimonials and ask for business referrals from your clients and customers: Your existing, happy clients and customers are the most likely people to refer new clients and customers to your business. Enlist their help in growing your client/customer base by asking them to provide you with testimonials of their experiences of using your product or service. Display these on your website or use them as part of your promotional materials to help your prospects decide if your product or service is right for them. Ask your clients/customers for referrals and let them know how much you value their referrals by acknowledging each one, for example, by providing them with a complimentary product, service or gift.
- Reach out to new prospects and introduce yourself to them: Call potential ideal clients and provide them with something of value as a way of introducing yourself to them. For example, send them an article that would be of interest to them, or send them a small promotional product that is relevant to their needs and that they'd appreciate.
- Provide an outstanding customer service experience: Treat your exisitng clients and customers in a way that makes them raving fans of your business and reward your staff for all the positive feedback received from your clients and customers.
- Acknowledge and thank your supporters: Get in touch with the people who've helped you and express your gratitude. It could be clients or customers, suppliers, advisors, colleagues or other business referrers. Take them to lunch, out for a drink or simply write them a thank you note.
- Review your policies and procedures: Are all of your policies, procedures, systems, forms used, promotional materials, signage, etc. up-to-date, or are you using outdated information or ways of doing things? Take some time to review and reflect on all these things to ensure they are maximising the effectiveness of, not hindering the success of, your business.
- Start creating some positive daily habits: Reflect on your daily work habits and notice which ones are supporting your business growth and prosperity and which ones need tweaking. For example, you could start with doing at least fifteen minutes of marketing each day, regardless of whether you're busy or quiet. This habit in itself could ensure a steady flow of future sales.
- Develop yourself and your team through coaching: Your people are generally your organisation's most valued assets, so it's essential you give them opportunities to continually develop their capabilities, feel challenged and grow in their roles. Coaching is the most effective tool today, to ensure new learning is embedded and integrated by staff into their daily work habits on an ongoing basis. Learn coaching skills so you can coach your team effectively and hire a well-qualified coach to coach you. Your coach will help you work on strategy, stretch your thinking and give you regular feedback to help you keep improving and reach your next level of excellence and success.
For more business, executive or life coaching tips and strategies to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine/index.php. To find out more about how you can work with me personally, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au, or call me on (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Offer: One-Page Strategic Plan - Extended to 31 August
If you're in business, it's essential to have good strategic plans. And, I don't mean just in your head! I mean written down, working action plans.
If you'd like me to help you document a one-page strategic plan for your business, call me on 0411 471 941 or on (08) 8338 3134 and let's arrange a time. We can do this together in a 3-hour one-to-one workshop.
Call me and arrange to do this before 31 August and I'll be happy to work with you for the special price of just $495 (usually $600) .
De-stress and Break Free with EFT!
De-stress and break free from whatever is holding you back in life with EFT.
Learn this powerful, fast technique now and have the tools you need at your fingertips to completely dissolve your negative emotions, thoughts or behaviours anytime, in just minutes.
Visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php to find out how you can learn EFT at home, or call me on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 to arrange a one-to-one session with me, in person or by telephone.
Winter Special Competition
Enter for your chance to WIN 2 life coaching sessions with me plus a copy of The Personal Organising Workbook - solutions for a simpler, easier life by Meryl Starr valued at over $275! Drawn 31 August 2008.
The Personal Organising Workbook will teach you how to clear your clutter and manage your time. You'll also learn how to say 'no' to things you don't want to do, arrive on time for appointments, organise your paperwork and mail, enjoy more sleep, make mornings less hectic, find time for friends and entertaining, and make time for planning, dreaming and setting long-term goals.
Winner of End of Finanicial Year Competition: G. Sampson
Next Month: 10 Ways To Manage Your Relationships
When you look at your calendar, who or what takes up most of your time?
A lot of us have calendars filled with family obligations, work-related social commitments, events friends are dragging us along to and dreaded appointments. Now, think of the people who really intrigue and inspire you. Where do they show up in your calendar?
Problem is, we can often take our dearest relationships for granted and waste precious time on social obligations that are personally unfulfilling.
Next month we'll look at how to match our schedules to our true relationship priorities.
Sponsors and Advertisements
IT Consulting for Small Business
IT Support | Network Management | Web Design | IT Health Checks
Do you have a reliable IT consultant assisting you with your business?
Always client-focused, the team at Crackerjack pride themselves on being IT consultants with personality. We don't have ponytails or bunches of keys hanging from our belts. We just provide IT support and strategic direction in easy-to-understand English.
** SPECIAL ** Mention you saw us in Blue Sky Coaching's Living the dream e-zine and, for our initial consult, we will provide a complimentary first hour.
For more information call Mark Abraham at Crackerjack Computing on 0417 414 363 and visit us at www.crackerjack.net.au.
Get Answers to Your Most Pressing Sales Questions - Today!
NEWS FLASH – be among the first to gain access to superb articles from fifty of the world's leading sales gurus. Top Sales Experts (yes, I am one of them) just launched this quarter's F.R.E.E. e-book.
Download this amazing 144 page compilation now at: http://www.topsalesexperts.com:80/E-Book/registerE-Book.php
Peter Nicholls, Director, Work Leisure International
International Webinar presenter
Next Webinar – Get a Life! You Work Better and Live Longer
For details visit: http://www.businessexpertwebinars.com/component/option,com_attend_events/task,view/id,222/
Work Leisure International
23A Tarlton Street Somerton Park SA 5044 Australia
Phone: + 61 8 8295 2679
7-week Meditation Course
What springs to mind when we talk about meditation?
- Losing consciousness?
- Forgetting everything in the pursuit of happiness?
- Impossible lotus positions?!
Well, not really. Meditation is simple, but so much more than that … it offers us the chance to really “Tune In” but definitely not “Zone Out”
During your 7-week course, you will learn how to easily incorporate meditation into your life using simple but powerfully effective techniques. You will also discover how meditation benefits your body, mind and health.
With a focus on getting exactly what you need from meditation, this course will see you establish and sustain whatever meditation practice you desire.
Date: Commences Friday 29 August 2008
Times: 6.30 pm – 8.00 pm
Location: Tactile Vision, 3/5 Goodall Pde, Mawson Lakes SA
Class limit: 5 participants
Course fee: $140.00 per person
Bonus: Complimentary sauna session when you book by 8 August 2008
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at email@example.com and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.