Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
"I get by with a little help from my friends."
- John Lennon
Next month's feature:
10 Reasons to Take Regular Holidays
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written for small business owners, young entrepreneurs and service industry professionals and filled with cutting edge success tips to help you skyrocket your income, enjoy more personal time off and be known as a star in your field.
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream e-zine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 Myer gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine any time at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
We had a great time on the Sunshine Coast. One of our highlights was a long leisurely lunch at Ricky's in Noosa and Jake loved Australia Zoo and Underwater World. But, more than anything, he loved the flights and airports. He's now completely obsessed with planes.
We're now into stage two (it's taken a while!) of our home renovation project, replacing the original floorboards in our home to match the jarrah floorboards in our extension. Then, I'm converting our spare room into a new bedroom for Jake.
And yes, if you've heard or noticed I've been looking a little heavier recently, you're right. We're happy to announce I'm expecting baby number two in February. Thanks to some good, old-fashioned and new age morning sickness remedies, I've pulled through the first trimester and am starting to feel OK again.
Something I've been consciously doing this year is catching up with at least one good friend every week. It's brought me lots of fun and happiness, so I thought it might be a nice theme for this month's article.
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Ways to Enjoy Your Relationships
When you look at your calendar, who or what takes up most of your time?
Problem is, we can often take our dearest relationships for granted and waste precious time working ridiculous hours or on social obligations that are personally unfulfilling.
Here are 10 ways to match your schedule to your true relationship priorities:
- Create strong boundaries: When everyone else seems to be entitled to your time except you, it's time to put stronger boundaries in place. You might not be able to adjust other people's habits, but you can adjust your own so your schedule isn't so impacted by them. Choose to finish work at a reasonable time each day and learn to say 'no' to discretionary requests on your time when it's really not something you want to do. Remember to always set aside a few precious hours to nurture your relationship with yourself too!
- Who are your closest friends?: Does it seem like you never see your friends any more? Think of your ten closest friends. When was the last time you caught up with them either in person, or at least for a long chat on the phone? If it's been a while, or you can't even remember how long it's been, now's the time to reconnect with them. If your closest friends aren't appearing regularly on your social schedule, start freeing up some of your time and make plans with them. Don't allow your time to be completely dominated by any one relationship, family or work obligations, at the risk of neglecting your most cherished friends.
- How much of your down time is spent with the people you enjoy being with the most?: Aside from scheduling time alone for yourself, ideally, you should be aiming for close to 100% here.
- Is there someone you'd like to get to know better?: Always leave some unplanned social time aside to pursue new friendships and relationships with people you meet who inspire or intrigue you.
- What are you looking forward to doing this week or month?: If you don't have any plans you're looking forward to, start creating some. We all need dates in our diaries like these! If you need to, plan ahead to be sure you don't miss out on tickets to that concert or sporting event you'd love to go to. Booking in holidays as soon as possible gives you longer to look forward them too!
- When was the last time you and your partner went out on a fun or romantic date together?: Schedule these times as regularly as you can, to stay connected, enjoy being together and to give yourselves time out from your usual daily stresses and routines.
- Do you often feel stuck at home in the evenings with small children?: If you don't have willing family members available to babysit, paying for babysitters regularly can become very expensive. Entertaining at home can be fun and easy. You can keep it relaxed and don't need to go to a lot of effort. Make an easy-to-prepare supper or BBQ, ask your guests to bring wine or dessert, or split the cost of takeaway with them. Best of all, if you're the hosts, you won't need to catch a taxi home or spend the night negotiating who's driving.
- Is your budget tight right now?: Catching up with friends doesn't need to be a budget-blowing experience. Swap Friday night drinks or expensive restaurant dinners with a B.Y.O. Sunday BBQ or picnic in a park, followed by a game of soccer,or enjoy fish and chips and a walk on the beach.
- No time?: Find ways of combining activities when you have little down time. Would you love to catch up with a friend but, at the same time, don't want to miss that expo or art exhibition that's on this weekend? Go together! Don't want to neglect your exercise routine? Meet up with a friend and take your dogs for a walk and have coffee afterwards.
- Just too popular?: Your social interactions with family, friends and work colleagues shouldn't be wearing you out or weighing you down. If you're spreading yourself too thin and feeling like you're on a never-ending merry-go-round of social engagements, start prioritising what matters to you most and set some limits. Decide which relationships are enhancing your life and focus your attention on these. Put in an apology for as much as you can of the rest.
For more business, executive and life coaching tips to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine/index.php. To find out more about how you can work with me personally, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au, or call me on (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail me on email@example.com.
Coaching Until Christmas
Please note, as I plan to go on maternity leave at the end of December, I will only be available to new clients for 3-month coaching series.
If you'd like work with me before the end of the year, please call me on either 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134 before 15 September to arrange your sessions.
Learn EFT Anywhere With my Home Study Packages
Whether you're a health care professional interested in adding EFT to your toolkit or would like to learn EFT simply for your own personal use, you can do so any time with one of my home study EFT packages. Prices range from $39 for my basic package to $149 for my total package.
Learn this powerful, quick technique now and have the tools you need at your fingertips to completely dissolve your negative emotions, thoughts or behaviours any time, in just minutes.
Visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php or call me on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 to order any of my home study packages, or if you have any questions about EFT.
Please note, I'll still be available until early December 2008 if you'd like to arrange your own private group workshop.
Winter Special Competition - Just 4 Days to Go!
Drawn 31 August 2008. Enter NOW for your chance to WIN 2 life coaching sessions with me plus a copy of The Personal Organising Workbook - solutions for a simpler, easier life by Meryl Starr valued at over $275! The Personal Organising Workbook will teach you how to clear your clutter and manage your time.
You'll also learn how to say 'no' to things you don't want to do, arrive on time for appointments, organise your paperwork and mail, enjoy more sleep, make mornings less hectic, find time for friends and entertaining, and make time for planning, dreaming and setting long-term goals.
Winner of End of Financial Year Competition: G. Sampson
Next Month: 10 Reasons to Take Regular Holidays
Are you a workaholic? No? So, when was the last time you went on a holiday? Health experts now say that taking a regular holiday isn't a luxury, it's a necessity, to combat the stresses of work and our faster lifestyles.
Did you know, Australians alone have a staggering 70 million annual leave days stockpiled? Are you one of these tens of thousands of people in need of a holiday?
Next month we'll look at ten reasons why you should start packing and book your next holiday now.
Sponsors and Advertisements
Are you on a journey towards greater health and meaning?
Do you want to get more out of life?
Is something holding you back?
If you are keen to make some positive changes in your life, then sign up for our first Swift Meditation Workshop and
CHILL OUT NOW!
On Sunday 12 October 2008, you can be empowered to:
• Discover powerful meditation techniques!
• Restore balance and wellbeing!
• Supercharge your health!
• Improve motivation and get a handle on life!
So, if you lack focus and motivation, and stress has made your body feel tired and lethargic, come and join us at:
Swift Life Coaching
50 Kensington Road, Rose Park SA
From: 10 am - 5 pm
It’s time to
REVIVE YOUR LIFE!
Only 10 seats available. Avoid disappointment and book now!
* Book and pay by 17 September 2008 and save $30, pay only $165. Come with a buddy and each receive an extra 10% off! *
Call 1300 88 00 51 now or go to http://www.swiftlifecoaching.com.au/new_site/meditationregister.html
Sustainable House Day, 13 - 14 September 2008, 10 am - 4 pm
Sustainable House Day, now in its seventh year, is a symbol of the growing 'green' consciousness in the 'burbs.
'Over the last seven years of Sustainable House Day, we have seen a dramatic increase in interest in the benefits of domestic energy efficiency. People now realise they need to reduce the energy, water and waste needs in their home, but we have noticed that some are still confused on where to start,' said Judy Celmins, National Media Manager for Sustainable House Day.
Nationally, over 100 homes will be opening, offering you the opportunity to experience an achievable sustainable lifestyle.
To view a house in your local neighbourhood, log on to: http://www.solarhouseday.com/h_location.shtml
This tactile event allows you to touch, feel and meet, not only home owners, but often the architects, designers, builders and other relevant trades people, who can guide you on sustainable lifestyle choices for your home and show you how easy and economical the move to 'green' living can be.
Tickets can be purchased at any house visited for $5 per person, children free.
For more information contact:
0403 290 371
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.