Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
'Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.'
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Next month's feature:
10 Ways to Create a More Balanced Lifestyle
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written for small business owners, young entrepreneurs and service industry professionals and filled with cutting edge success tips to help you skyrocket your income, enjoy more personal time off and be known as a star in your field.
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream e-zine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 Myer gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine any time at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
Can you believe that Christmas is now only 4 weeks away?
I love Christmas and can't wait, especially since I'm preparing to start maternity leave on 31 December. We're currently diligently de-cluttering (after needing to empty rooms to lay new floorboards - I'm amazed at how much stuff we've managed to accumulate!) and I'm creating a new bedroom for Jake, complete with a red racing car bed. Good timing too, because he's just started watching Roary the Racing Car on TV, so he loved the bed when I showed him and had a good jump on it in the showroom.
I'm also excited to say that tomorrow, Rick and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, because I'm pregnant, it will be minus the French champagne for me, but I'm really looking forward to dinner at The Manse, one of Adelaide's fine dining restaurants. My brother-in-law David Basheer gave it a rating of 11 out of 10, so that's pretty impressive!
I hope all's going well for you in the lead up to Christmas and the end of another year.
If you'd like any help in getting organised for Christmas, check out this great Christmas Countdown Planner at: www.clearspace.net.au/ClearSpace2008Christmascountdowncalendar.pdf prepared by Rebecca from Clear Space Organising Services (see her details at the bottom of this month's e-zine). I've found it really helpful!
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Benefits of Having Good Mentors
The greatest benefits to be gained from any mentoring relationship come from how the mentee uses what their mentor can provide them.
Here are 10 specific benefits of working with good mentors:
- Knowledge and contacts: An often unique benefit that can only be gained from a good mentor is a combination of detailed industry knowledge and personal introductions to the mentor's contacts, which have often taken the mentor many years to establish, and which might not otherwise be readily available to you.
- Business and life skills: As a mentee, you can also learn valuable business and life skills from your mentor, including best business practices, appropriate behaviours and protocols.
- Insight: A good mentor can also arrange experiences, such as participation in meetings, events or work experience, which will enable you to get insight into an organisation's culture and systems, or how a specific role is performed in that organisation.
- Perspective and vision: Discussions with your mentor will stretch your thinking by providing you with another perspective to your own, as well as the benefit of your mentor's vision, which comes from their wider experience.
- Reduced feelings of isolation: Working with a mentor also often creates a sense of peer partnership that might not otherwise be available to you within your organisation because you're the boss, be it the CEO or the owner of your own business.
- Wisdom and learning from past experiences: As a mentee, you can also benefit greatly from hearing the lessons that your mentor has learned along the way through their past experiences - both their successes and failures.
- Improved performance: A good mentor will provide you with valuable feedback or make suggestions that will enable you to improve your skills or to experience personal growth, ultimately leading to your improved performance.
- Talent development: Where a mentor is an expert in a particular field, they'll often be able to spot your unique talents and make suggestions about to how you can further develop and make the most of your talents and gifts.
- A sounding board: Having a good mentor will also enable you to test your ideas and discuss your points of view with an interested listener in a safe and confidential environment.
- Learn how to be a good mentor: The experience of working with a good mentor will also serve as a training ground to enable you to develop good mentoring behaviours and become a good mentor for others.
For more business, executive and life coaching tips to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine/index.php. To find out more about how you can work with me personally, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au, or call me on (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail me on email@example.com.
Between my own client base and a large workplace coaching engagement I'm currently involved in through Results Coaching Systems, I'm now fully booked until I take maternity leave on 31 December.
If you'd like to start working with a coach soon (be it business, executive or personal or as part of a workplace initiative) please feel free to call me on (08) 8338 3134 to discuss your needs, as I'd be happy to refer you to one of my coach colleagues, based on what you're looking for.
For more information on one-to-one personal or business coaching, go to: www.resultscoaches.com and look under the tab 'Find A Coach.' Or, for workplace coaching initiatives, such as sourcing external executive coaches or training managers to become in-house coaches, visit: www.workplacecoaching.com
Of course, if you'd like to work with me, I'll be returning from maternity leave in July 2009, so please get in touch before then to arrange your coaching.
p.s. I don't receive any 'kick-backs' from referring you on to my colleagues for personal or business coaching. They've just had the same coach training as me, so I'm confident they'd take the same coaching approach with you that I would, so I'm happy to recommend them to you. In the case of workplace coaching, if I'm involved in introducing your organisation to a workplace coach training program or executive coaching initiative, I will receive a small percentage of your gig for my role in the initiation of the referral.
Receive a Special BONUS With my New EFT Packages
As I'll be starting maternity leave on 31 December, I realised the need to change my EFT packages to ensure I could continue deliver them! Specifically, one of my packages included a 60-minute consultation with me, which I can't provide any more as I'm now fully-booked until 31 December.
So, I've re-released my DVD packages in two *new* formats. The first, I call the EFT Home Study Package and the second is the EFT Home Study Package PLUS. You can check out both at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php
And just for my valued e-zine subscribers, between now and Christmas, I'm offering a special BONUS on every purchase of my EFT Home Study Package PLUS. This package is priced at $147, however, if you enter the promotional code 'bonus' when you order, you'll receive this package for just $97, the same price as the EFT Home Study Package. Therefore, you receive a saving of $50 and a 20-minute EFT telephone consultation with me.
Learn this powerful, quick technique to have the tools you need at your fingertips, to completely dissolve any negative emotions, thoughts or behaviours that might be holding you back from living your life the way you'd truly like to. It works in just minutes!
Please feel free to call me on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 to order any of my EFT DVD packages, or if you have any questions at all about my packages or EFT.
WIN my Spring Special Competition - Just 3 Days to Go!
Enter now at www.blueskycoaching.com.au/special.php for your chance to WIN a business coaching session with me PLUS a copy of The Irresistible Offer - How to sell your product or service in 3 seconds or less by Mark Joyner. This prize also includes a *bonus* $397 audio and software package. Total value over $600! Drawn 30 November 2008.
For too long, selling has been about manipulating a message and manipulating a consumer. The Irresistible Offer presents a new, effective and ethical way to sell, based on what you're selling, not how you're selling it.
In The Irresistible Offer, author and new marketing guru Mark Joyner defines and explains this revolutionary selling philosophy, uses real case studies to show it in action, and helps you quickly and easily apply it to your own business quickly and easily.
Next Month: 10 Ways to Create a More Balanced Lifestyle
Do you crave a more enjoyable lifestyle with a less hectic pace? Do you find yourself snowed under with chores, work and personal commitments that aren't really fulfilling?
Next month we'll look at 10 ways to get the new year off to fresh start by creating a more balanced, less stressful lifestyle.
Sponsors and Advertisements
Improve your efficiency
Achieve your goals
Reduce your costs
Reduce your stress levels
Clear Space Organising Services (www.clearspace.net.au) can help you achieve all that. With our personalised advice and hands-on assistance, you can stop putting it off and get organised, once and for all!
We'll not only help you do it, we'll support you all the way and teach you how to maintain your newly organised time and space!
WE CAN HELP YOU:
- Achieve a tidy, calming and effective office
- Streamline paper flow and eliminate paper piles
- Turn your home into a peacful haven
- Reduce housework and manage a busy family schedule
- Get groups of people organised with customised workshops
- Offload mundane tasks with our Errands&More service
- Receive F*R*E*E tips and hints in our e-Newsletter
Visit www.clearspace.net.au or call Rebecca on (08) 8431 7911
You'll wish you had done it years ago!
* Specialising in Home-Based Businesses *
Yoga for Lunch!!
Get away from the office during your lunch break.
Relax, unwind and stay healthy.
The Rarest Gem Health, Yoga and Meditation offers a 45-minute yoga class at lunchtime.
Come along and join your teachers Jane and Antoinette for this all-levels Hatha yoga class. It will stretch and strengthen your body, clear your mind and open your heart. You'll leave relaxed, renewed and smiling inside.
Class starts at 1.05 pm every Wednesday
Cost $10 per class
Take a break! Stretch, relax, clear and focus your mind.
Feel refreshed, re-energised and ready for the afternoon.
The Rarest Gem - Health, Yoga and Meditation
49 Wakefield Street, Kent Town SA
Tel: 08 8363 2834
Our full range of yoga classes include Kundalini Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga and Hatha Yoga.
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here.Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.