Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
“There is more to life than increasing its speed."
- Mahatma Gandhi
Next month's feature:
Living the dream will be back in July 2009
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written for small business owners, young entrepreneurs and service industry professionals and filled with cutting edge success tips to help you skyrocket your income, enjoy more personal time off and be known as a star in your field.
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream e-zine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 Myer gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine any time at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
I hope you're enjoying this festive season and looking forward to the new year. We're now slowly counting down to the birth of our baby, due on 17 February 17, and I'm relishing the opportunity to have some time off in January after a really busy year.
I don't have a photo of Jake with Santa this year to share with you. That wasn't such a pleasant experience this time for Jake. Although he was really excIted when he saw him from afar, the reality of sitting on Santa's lap wasn't as good.
I do, however, have a short video clip of Jake's first concert appearance, led by Miss Caroline at his daycare Christmas party. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. He's the star that emerges after song two from the back row wearing a navy and white star t-shirt. He runs off the stage after song three, but you'll get the picture.
Bye for now and I look forward to catching up with you in July 2009 when I'm back from maternity leave.
Happy New Year!
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Ways to Create a More Balanced Lifestyle
Do you crave a more enjoyable lifestyle with a less hectic pace?
Do you find yourself snowed under with chores, work and personal commitments that aren't really fulfilling?
Here are 10 ways to start creating a more balanced and less stressful lifestyle:
- Create a vision of your ideal lifestyle: Think about how you'd truly like your life to be. What would make you feel truly happy and alive? You can write down your thoughts and feelings, or you might prefer to gather pictures and create a collage that represents your vision. Refer to your vision often and take steps each day to move toward it.
- Orient your life around your highest values: Become clear on what you value the most. Is it good health, happiness, freedom, family, financial security, adventure, peace? These things will all show up in your vision for your ideal lifestyle and, when you start living in alignment with your highest values, you'll feel more balanced and experience a greater sense of fulfilment and happiness.
- Put yourself on top of your priorities list: When planning your days, weeks or the year ahead, ensure what you want and need is being taken care of before you start accommodating everyone else's wants and needs. When you take extremely good care of yourself, everyone around you will benefit from experiencing the best possible you.
- Set aside some time each day for fun and relaxation: Whether you meditate, listen to music, paint, read, go out with friends or on a date, take a long bath, get a massage, see a movie or go for a walk - choose an activity that helps you re-energise and enjoy yourself.
- Start reducing your daily commitments: If you find yourself snowed under with commitments, start saying 'no' to anything that is not absolutely essential, enjoyable or supporting your ideal lifestyle.
- Introduce simple routines to alleviate chaos: Create some helpful routines that will help you reduce chaos. Having a morning and evening routine, especially during the working week, can help get your days off to a great start and finish. Check out a great website I came across recently called www.zenhabits.net for good examples of morning and evening routines.
- Make your wellness a top priority: Nurture your body, mind and soul. Spend time with uplifting people, exercise, learn new things, enjoy new adventures, eat well, drink lots of water, get creative, keep a diary or personal journal.
- Create strong boundaries for work and your personal life: Don't allow your work to take over your life. Decide on reasonable limits and stick with them. Let people know what is and what isn't OK with you. No-one should live their life with tolerations. Notice anything that you might be tolerating and eliminate each one of these, one at a time.
- Get into the habit of doing one thing at a time: Far from being time-saving and efficient, multi-tasking most often leads to many things being started but not finished, higher levels of stress, exhaustion and a reduced ability to focus properly. Learn to do one thing at a time and enjoy the difference in your energy levels.
- Delegate and get help when you need it: Are you packing far too much into each day? Slow down and start pacing yourself before you burn out. Look for ways that you can achieve the same results without necessarily doing everything yourself. Ask for help or hire help and delegate whatever you can. Be in a position to return the favour when someone reaches out to you and asks for your help or support too.
For more business, executive and life coaching tips to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine/index.php. To find out more about how you can work with me personally, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au, or call me on (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail me on email@example.com.
If you'd like to start working with a coach in the new year (be it business, executive, personal, or as part of a workplace initiative) please feel free to call me on (08) 8338 3134 to discuss your needs and I'll be happy to refer you to one of my coach colleagues, based on what you're looking for.
For more information on one-to-one personal and business coaching worldwide, go to: www.resultscoaches.com and look under the tab 'Find A Coach.'
Or, for workplace coaching initiatives, including sourcing external executive coaches or training your staff to become in-house coaches, visit: www.workplacecoaching.com
Of course, if you'd like to work with me, I'll be returning from maternity leave in July 2009, so please get in touch with me on 0411 471 941 or firstname.lastname@example.org before then to arrange your coaching sessions.
p.s. I don't receive any 'kick-backs' from referring you on to my colleagues for personal or business coaching. They've just had the same coach training as me, so I'm confident they'll take the same coaching approach with you as I would
p.p.s. For executive or workplace coaching, if I'm involved in introducing your organisation to a workplace coach training program or executive coaching initiative, I will receive a small percentage of your gig from Results Coaching Systems for my role in the initiation of the referral.
Are You Ready for Positive Change in 2009?
Learn EFT, a powerful, quick technique and have all the tools you need at your fingertips to completely dissolve any negative emotions, thoughts or behaviours, so you can start loving your life.
Visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php or call me on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 to order any of my EFT DVD packages, or if you have any questions about EFT.
Coming soon ... my new energy tapping website. I'll let you know when it's ready to launch!
Enter my New Year's Eve Competition Now!
Enter now at www.blueskycoaching.com.au/special.php ! Prize drawn on 31 December 2008.
Win a copy of my *new* EFT Home Study Package PLUS which includes a copy of my Energy Tapping Workshop DVD, a downloadable workbook, hard-cover DVD workbook folder PLUS a 20-minute EFT phone session with me, to discuss and address any specific issues you'd like help with.
EFT is a very powerful and easy-to-use technique that only takes a few minutes to do and you can quickly learn to use it with my EFT Home Study Package PLUS. EFT can help you dissolve any negative emotions, thoughts or behaviours so you can start living your ideal lifestyle.
Last competition winner: P. Vogrin
Next Issue: July 2009
Living the dream e-zine will be back, like me, in July 2009.
Please continue to let me know any themes or topics you'd like covered in upcoming issues. Your ideas are very welcome and help me to keep Living the dream relevant to you.
Sponsors and Advertisements
'The Essential Women's Journey' - Yasawa Island, Fiji
20 - 27 March 2009
Have you ever had an experience that changed your life and enabled you to reconnect to what's really important?
This retreat offers women the opportunity to step away from their busy lives and careers to rediscover themselves, renew their spirit and review their personal and professional goals. A beautiful balance of pure relaxation, adventure activities, connection with remote village women, children and community, delicious and healthy food, time out, meditation, rich conversations and lots of fun.
It is an incredibly unique experience and also provides much-needed funds for education opportunities to children living in this remote community.
Give yourself permission to begin 2009 inspired and fulfilled. You might also consider offering this retreat as a staff incentive or reward for outstanding achievement.
or call Inta Sellick on 0413 805 604 if you have any questions.
Every Mum is a Working Mum. Search for flexible and part-time employment, connect with recruiters and employers, access directories and career contacts.
www.womums.com.au is an online community providing encouragement, confidence, support and networking for working mums.
More than a ‘jobs’ website…
We aren’t just a jobs vacant website, we are part of the future direction of online communities, providing easy to understand, accessible information for a time in a female's life that has been unrepresented by traditional forms of career development.
As an innovative start-up web-based company, we would like to invite you to join the site.
Visit www.womums.com.au and register as a advertiser and post jobs for f*r*e*e for 3 months. Please mention Blue Sky Coaching in 'how did you hear about the site'.
Email email@example.com and request a f*r*e*e business profile.
We look forward to your participation.
Founder & Director
The Ruby Connection
As the only Australian Bank with a unit dedicated solely to female customers, Westpac is focused on being the business bank of choice for women.
The Westpac Women's Markets team offers a range of unique initiatives nationwide, including regular educational and networking events tailored to all stages of business, along with an interactive website called The Ruby Connection.
The Ruby Connection is an online community through which you can connect, meet and learn via discussion forums, blogs, articles, case studies and interviews.
You can find new business contacts and suppliers from a list of Ruby members and you can even promote your business in the Ruby business directory, which includes a hyperlink to your website.
For more information about how Ruby can help you, visit www.therubyconnection.com.au or contact Debra Long, Manager, Westpac Women's Markets SA on 08 8230 2017 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for something different for your kids these school holidays?
Yoga is great fun for your child's mind, body and spirit. Children are innately flexible: they love to to engage all their senses and explore new things. Kids' yoga includes gentle yoga postures combined with stories music, imagination and visualisation. Our playful approach to yoga develops co-ordination, concentration and self esteem.
The programs include:
Workshops for children aged 5 to 8 years - Friday 9 and Friday 16 January at 2.30 pm
Classes for children aged 5 to 10 years - Monday 19 January at 2.15 pm to 3.15 pm
Classes for the 'littlies' aged 3 to 5 years - Monday 19 January at 10.15 am to 11.00 am
As space is limited for these programs it is essential to register in advance!
Call us on 08 8363 2834.
The Rarest Gem - Health, Yoga and Meditation
49 Wakefield Street, Kent Town SA
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here.Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at email@example.com and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.