Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
Next month's feature:
10 One-Minute Relationship Skills for the Almost Perfect Marriage
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written for small business owners, young entrepreneurs and service industry professionals and filled with cutting edge success tips to help you skyrocket your income, enjoy more personal time and be known as a star in your field.
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream e-zine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 Myer gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine any time at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
Here I am again, perched high on my fitness ball, but this time with some added motivation!
I decided it was time to update my post baby wardrobe last Sunday, so I went out shopping for a top. The first thing the shop assistant asked me was 'So, when are you due?' Usually a question you don't mind answering when you are due, but not really the sort of thing you want to be asked almost 9 months afterwards.
So look out for Holly and I pounding a pavement somewhere near you! I've also dug up an old exercise video, aptly called Banish your belly! which promises a dramatic transformation in 4 weeks. Now, that has my name written all over it.
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Ways to Live Fearlessly
I recently heard Margaret Wheatley speak at a coaching conference about fearlessness. One of the many interesting things she said that resonated with me was 'fearlessness is not being afraid of who we are.'
To find out more about her work, read her article Can I Be Fearless? In it, she says 'fearlessness means we do not give fear the power to silence or stop us.'
So, how can we move forward, despite our fears?
Here are 10 ideas to ponder from In Stillness Conquer Fear by Pauline McKinnon, a woman who overcame her experience of agoraphobia using a unique form of meditation:
- Set aside time each day to practise stillness meditation: Stillness meditation was developed in Australia in the 1950's by Dr Ainslie Meares and is the original form of therapeutic meditation. Introducing regular and deliberate times of mental rest through stillness meditation will bring about a depth of inner calm to change your attitude to living. Recognising physical tension and developing the habit of letting it go is the pathway to mental rest. Learn more about the stillness meditation technique at
www.stillnessmeditation.com.au. When meditating, don't try to fit it in to unsuitable times (when you can't fully devote yourself to doing it) or rush the exercise as you'll find it impossible to achieve any kind of ease.
- Cultivate an attitude of ease in your everyday life: This will stem from practising stillness meditation. In overcoming your fear you need to bear in mind cultivating an attitude of ease until it becomes the way you live.
- Notice tension in your body and let it go: Notice when you're feeling tense and say to yourself 'I am tense. If I let the tension go, this feeling of anxiety or panic will pass. If I hold on to the tension, this feeling will increase and persist.' When you adopt this attitude, you can feel the tension and fear drain away.
- Let go into your fear: To force and fight against your fear is to induce tension and that's what you're trying to stop. There's a vast difference between forcing yourself to do something and doing something with a sense of ease. No matter what the situation you're facing, Pauline suggests you think 'l will do this and I will do it calmly and easily, letting go of tension all the while.' Keep in mind you're easing your anxiety, not trying to control it.
- Stay in the present moment: Every time you recall former situations where you were afraid, let those memories go, as those memories keep fear alive and well. Keep your focus on success now, challenging yourself gently to move on. With every success, no matter how small, there is a pleasant memory to dwell upon, making the next time easier still.
- Keep going: A sense of failure destroys confidence; but with every triumph, confidence will grow. No matter how apprehensive you may feel, never retreat. Go forward easily and apprehension will pass like magic.
- Learn to cultivate a positive attitude throughout your whole life: Negativity and the pessimism it produces are powerful, but, once a positive attitude becomes automatic, optimism will dominate. Take every opportunity to make the positive work for you. For example, when stationary at a red traffic light, rather than continuing to grip the steering wheel, use the time to relax your whole body. When disappointment occurs, rather than viewing it as a catastrophe, look for the advantage it may bring in other ways.
- Go for it!: As soon as you feel remotely ready to meet a challenge, go for it! But, approach it with an attitude of calm and ease. As you go from strength to strength, your life will become fuller and fear will be long forgotten.
- Never give up: Even if you've lived with high anxiety for a long time and a future without it seems beyond contemplation, you'll soon prove it otherwise. The worst is over!
- Maintain constant awareness: Remember, it's the constant awareness of the tension within us that's the green light to freedom.
For more business, executive and life coaching tips to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine/index.php. To find out more about how you can work with me personally, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au,
or call me on 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know Your Brain: Transform Your Performance
Your brain is the key to your performance. Isn't it time you really understood it?
Revolutionize the way you live and work through having a better understanding of what's happening in your brain.
"Simply put, this intriguing book offers fascinating research about the brain’s functions, limitations and capacities, and it teaches us how we can 'direct' our own brain chemistry in order to achieve fulfilment and success. Well worth reading and ingesting these skills."
Stephen R. Covey
Author, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Learn more about the book at:
Reduce your Stress Levels and Dissolve your Fears with EFT
Find out how to drastically reduce your stress levels in just 10 minutes in my fr*ee report: How to cut your stress levels in half in less than 10 minutes using EFT. Find it at: http://www.energytappingworkshop.com
In fact, EFT can help you break free from whatever's stopping you from living your life to the full.
It takes just minutes to do and can help with anything from controlling your fears, ending self-sabotaging and limiting beliefs and behaviours, through to reducing physical pains and weight loss.
Visit www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php and learn EFT any time through one of my EFT Home Study packages, or call me on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941 if you'd like to arrange a one-to-one session, workshop or conference presentation.
Spring Coaching Competition - Enter Today!
Drawn 28 November 2009.
Enter now at blueskycoaching.com.au/special.php for your chance to WIN two life coaching sessions with me PLUS a copy of the book The Breakthrough Experience by Dr John F. Demartini. Valued at over $A250!
This book is about breaking through the barriers that keep you from experiencing your true nature as light. It contains an inspiring combination of science and philosophy, presented in a completely accessible way that makes even the most profound concepts easily understood.
Through the extraordinary but true stories of ordinary people having astonishing and moving life experiences, you'll discover and explore the universal laws and principles that underlie your very existence. Most importantly, this is an extremely real and practical manual for understanding why you live the way you do and how to transform your life into your highest vision.
Previous competition winner: M. Merrett
Next Month: 10 Skills for the Almost Perfect Marriage
Got a minute? That's good. Apparently, that's all the time you'll need to put into action some practical skills for an almost perfect marriage.
Next month, I'll share ten attitudes and actions with you from Stephanie Dowrick's book The Almost Perfect Marriage that best support a genuinely loving, intimate relationship.
Sponsors and Advertisements
Ayurvedic Cooking Classes
With the hectic pace of this modern world and the abundance of processed foods, many of us eat what is convenient, rather than what supports and nourishes us. This is a shame, as the act of preparing our own foods mindfully and according to our body constitution is a key to health and healing.
Introductory Class - already held - Thursday 15 October 5.30 pm
Class 2 - Thursday 29 October 5.30 pm - Sick of Muesli?
Class 3 - Saturday 7 November 1 pm - Healthy Lunchbox
Class 4 - Thursday 13 November 5.30 pm - Cooking for a Busy Family
Class 5 - Saturday 21 November 1 pm - Thali - the five tastes
Cost: $60 per class (includes a meal and notes)
Karuna Jaiswal is an Ayurvedic physician and her authentic Indian recipes are not only delicious but are good for you!
To register your interest call The Rarest Gem on (08) 8363 283 or email email@example.com
The Rarest Gem
49 Wakefield Street, Kent Town SA 5067
P: (08) 8363 2834 E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.rarestgem.com.au
Mindfulness-Based Training - Adelaide
13 - 15 November 2009 at NADA, 1 Mary Street, Hindmarsh SA
This course will provide rich, research-based cognitive and awareness tools shown to result in sustained increases in functioning, productivity and satisfaction.
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) are four modern day approaches, all derived from Mindfulness meditation and philosophy.
This 3-day intensive experiential course is designed to introduce those new to Mindfulness-based applications to each of the Mindfulness-based models and to extend skills for those already familiar with meditation and/or MBCT, MBSR, ACT and DBT. This course is experiential in nature and incorporates substantial amounts of meditation, investigative dialogue, exercises, demonstration and clinical practice. Participants find it personally rejuvenating as well as professionally inspiring.
For more details and to register, visit: www.mindfulnesscentre.com or call Liana Taylor on (08) 8272 0046.
Mindful Parenting Workshop
Learn how to bring a fresh perspective to parenting, one that allows you and your children to connect and be your true selves.
Mindful parenting differs from the many parenting approaches in that the focus moves from the 'naughty corner' and other artificial consequences for children to ways of building positive, ongoing interaction between adult and child. Learn ways to engage in the fullness of your life with your children, and to transform moments of despair and struggle to those of communication and positive connection.
Discover how living mindfully in the present moment assists you to be the parent you want to be and deepens your relationship with yourself, others and your children.
When: Saturday, 28 November 2009, 9.15 am - 12.30 pm
Where: Fullarton Park Centre, 411 Fullarton Road, SA
Cost: $60 ($4 Health care card)
Fiona Glover (BA, BSW, M. Mental Health Sc) is an accredited mental health social worker, meditator and mother, with over 12 years experience in the field of mental health and over 5 years experience running MBCT courses.
For more details and to register, visit: www.mindfulnesscentre.com or call (08) 8272 0046.
'My Booking Manager' Spring Sale!
Is your job managing or coordinating classes, courses, events, seminars, training programs or workshops? Managing event registrations and payments has never been easier!
Take advantage of our My Booking Manager spring sale and get the My Booking Manager Executive Plus package (valued at $975 set-up) for only $275 + GST. A HUGE saving of $700!!
You'll save the time consuming administrative effort of managing event registrations with our do-it-yourself, easy to use system. Enjoy watching the list of registrations grow on your screen and money arrive in your bank account without answering a single e-mail, phone call or fax.
Find out more at www.mybookingmanager.com/jmla/SpringOffer.html or call Chris on (08) 8370 3737 for a fre*e guided tour .
To take advantage of this sale offer, your order must be placed on-line and paid by 30 October 2009. Go to www.mybookingmanager.com and click on 'Order MyBookingManager', choose the Executive Plus package and select Special Spring sale.
E: email@example.com P: 08 8370 3737
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.