Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
"Sally Albright: The first date back is always the toughest, Harry.
Harry Burns: You only had one date. How do you know it's not going to get worse?"
- From the movie, When Harry Met Sally (1989)
Next month's feature:
10 Negotiation Tips to Help You Get What You Want
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written for small business owners, young entrepreneurs and service industry professionals and filled with cutting edge success tips to help you skyrocket your income, enjoy more personal time and be known as a star in your field.
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream e-zine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 Myer gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine any time at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
Happy New Year. I hope 2010 will be one of your best years yet!
Rick and I had a wonderful time at The Louise in the Barossa Valley last month - the food and service were excellent and the accommodation superb - even Holly slept through the night! We also took Jake to see the Pandas and they were beautiful.
Unfortunately, our family getaway to Victor Harbor was a different story and went totally pear-shaped. First, the day before we were due to go, I received a call from the apartment owner to warn me that the people living in the apartment next door to the one we'd booked had been arrested for violent behaviour and drug offences, so he suggested we cancel our stay.
Undeterred from spending a few days by the sea, I immediately started looking for somewhere else we could stay and booked a townhouse at The Marina on Hindmarsh Island for three nights. Unfortunately, the day after we arrived, I found out my mum had been rushed to hospital overnight and needed three blood transfusions (she's OK now), so we came home the next day. The drive took us twice as long as it should have, with pit stops for Jake who was carsick (poor darling) and Holly, needing to be fed. What a disaster! We were all totally exhausted when we got back.
At least Jake got to ride on the Cockle Train (and loved it!), we enjoyed a great meal with friends and Jake and Holly had fun sharing a bath.
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Tips for Meeting a Great Partner
Would you like to meet a partner who's just right for you? Are you finding it's like looking for a needle in a haystack and that dating is stressful?
Try out one or more of these low-stress tips and I truly hope you meet someone wonderful!
- Know who you really want: Spend some time writing down what it is that really matters to you in a partner. Tall, dark and handsome might be nice, but what if you overlook a potential great partner just because they don't come in that packaging? Think about the things that you really don't want too. You might find someone who's physically attractive, but who's cheated on all their past partners; is lazy, insensitive; or maybe they hate socialising and you love going out. The clearer the picture you can paint of what you'd really like in a partner, the easier it will be to spot a potential partner, especially one who might not catch your eye initially.
- Get creative: If you're open to the powers of visualisation and/or Feng Shui, create a vision board, representing your relationship goals and the kind of person you'd ideally like to meet. Check out Marie Diamond's website www.myLOAnumber.com
if you'd like to know your personal law of attraction number and get some guidance on where specifically on your vision board to write your goals and place pictures. Then, display your vision board in your bedroom, living room or even office (your law of attraction number will also determine where exactly is best for you). Even if you're not entirely convinced about using Feng Shui, a vision board is a nice way to display your goals and dreams visually. If you're in Sydney, and want to learn more about vision boards
, get in touch with my friend, coach Barbara Anderson on (02) 9527 9396. She'll be running a vision board half-day workshop on Saturday afternoon, 30 January. Cost is only $A25.00 and you'll create your very own vision board on the day.
- More Feng Shui: If you're into Feng Shui (or willing to try it), keep your bedroom clutter-free and remove anything that's in your bedroom that doesn't need to be there. For example, one of my clients, who wanted to be in a romantic relationship, told me recently that, a week after moving her bookcase out of her bedroom, she became involved with her current partner. Also, make sure you have pairs of things in your bedroom - candles, bedside tables, lamps.
- Get strategic: If you find a great partner isn't showing up in your daily life, it might be time to get strategic, shake things up and make some changes - to your work, social life, where you're living, interests you pursue, etc. to increase your chances of meeting new people and the kind of partner you're looking for.
- Get set up: Don't go it alone. Let friends you trust know what you're looking for in a relationship and ask them to keep their eyes out for you! Most of us know at least 100 people, so tap into your friends' networks as well as your own.
- Do a little flirting: Don't be afraid to smile at and make eye contact with someone you'd like to meet. Trust your instincts and, if it feels right to you and you have an opportunity to ask out someone you find interesting, do it! Ask them to a movie, but make sure you meet before or afterwards for coffee at least, so you have a chance to talk. Or, if you know they play golf or tennis, for example, ask them if they'd be interested in playing some time, or, if you both enjoy a sport, like football, suggest going to a game together.
- Be adventurous: Travel can be a wonderful opportunity to see the world, meet new people (with similar interests to you) and find a partner too. In my 20s I went on a European tour alone, and was surprised at how many other people were travelling on their own too. Four of the people on my tour happened to be from Baulkham Hills (a suburb in Sydney) and, interestingly, two of them became a couple by the end of the tour and went on to get married just a few years later! Of course, they had never seen each other before the tour, even though they'd lived in the same suburb for at least 15 years.
- Dismantle any negative beliefs your hold about relationships or yourself: According to Arielle Ford, author of The Soulmate Kit
, (who married her soul mate at 44), ''After a few (or many) bad relationships, it's so easy to shut down, give up, and stop believing that the right person is out there for us. Our hearts yearn for love, but our minds insist it's not possible. When our beliefs contradict our desires, we experience inner conflict that not only paralyzes us, but can actually prevent us from recognising the possibilities for love that exist all around us. We attract experiences that are consistent with our beliefs. So, believing and knowing that your soul mate is out there is a critical first step for manifesting him or her into your life. When deep down in the core of your being you believe that your soul mate exits, there is no limit to the ways he or she can enter your life."
- Crystal therapy: Rose quartz crystal is said to help bring your true love to you. Ladies, try wearing rose quartz as a pendant (close to your heart is said to be best), and guys, you can carry one discreetly in a jacket pocket.
- Give it time: Although sparks might not fly immediately, once you've had a chance to really get to know someone, you might find they're just right for you!
For more business, executive and life coaching tips to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine/index.php. To find out more about how you can work with me personally, visit:
www.blueskycoaching.com.au, or call me on 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail me on
Are You Looking for a Professional Speaker?
Are you looking for a professional speaker for an upcoming event, conference or a workplace training session?
I'm now available for speaking engagements and I'd be especially delighted to present my unique, one-hour De-stress, break free and enjoy life: improving your life through energy tapping stress management workshop.
Many other topics I can present, based on my Top 10 Tips series, are also available. Choose from over 50 at http://www.blueskycoaching.com.au/resources_ttt.php
To find out more about my availability and pricing, please call me on 0411471 941 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Speaking' included in your e-mail header.
Can I Help You Achieve Your Goals and Dreams?
Do you have business, relationship or other personal goals you'd like to achieve this year?
I'm currently available for one-to-one coaching sessions and for personal EFT consultations on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9.30 am and 5.30 pm.
If you think I might be able to assist you, please give me a call on (08) 8338 3134 or 0411 471 941. Please note, I'm available both in-person (in Adelaide), or by telephone.
Refer a friend in 2010 and your friend will receive $50.00 off their first coaching session and you'll receive a $50.00 Myer gift certificate as a token of my appreciation for your referral.
Summer Coaching Competition
Valued at over $A250!
Enter now at: http://www.blueskycoaching.com.au/special.php to WIN two life coaching sessions with me and a copy of the book I Love You - But How Do I Live With You? by Des Hunt.
The more you know about your partner's inner world the better your chances of avoiding frustration, arguments and heartache. Even if you feel you have picked the 'wrong' partner, understanding your partner's (and your own) personality style and why you do the things you do, can be the difference between just tolerating each other and loving each other, warts and all.
This book shows you how to pick your partner's personality style, describes it in detail, explains what you can expect from them and, more importantly, how to live with them.
Winner drawn 28 February 2010.
Previous competition winner: S. Matson
Next Month: 10 Negotiation Tips to Help You Get What You Want
Next month, I'm attending Reinvent Yourself - a new year, a new you - a professional development day in Adelaide on 10 February. I'll be going with my girlfriend Sharon Ferrier of Persuasive Presentations, who'll be speaking at the event about capitalising your networks for career advancement.
For details of dates for this event around Australia, visit www.therubyconnection.com.au
Jen Dalitz, of www.sphinxx.com.au will be revealing '10 dos and donts to negotiating what you want', so I look forward to sharing her tips with you in my next issue.
Sponsors and Advertisements
Bliss Aroma Therapies
Treat someone special to a little indulgence this Valentine's Day ... and receive a 1-hour holistic massage or Reiki treatment gift certificate for $50.00* when you mention "living the dream' e-zine.
(*Usually: $70.00 per 1-hour and $50.00 per 1/2-hour appointment)
Joanna Smith at Bliss Aroma Therapies is a fully qualified remedial massage therapist and aroma therapist. She is also a Reiki master.
Choose a holistic massage and enjoy the benefits of reduced muscle tension and stress, increased mobility and improved physical and emotional wellbeing. Or, experience a healing Reiki treatment - extremely beneficial for those suffering from stress, anxiety and insomnia.
Contact Joanna for an appointment on 0407 791 484
Open until 9 pm on Monday and Tuesday evenings and from 9 am - 5 pm on Saturdays.
Health fund rebates apply.
Aromatherapy Massage | Therapeutic Massage | Relaxation Massage | Detox Massage | Reiki
429 Henley Beach Road
Brooklyn Park, SA
Breeze into 2010 with The Loan Arranger
Industry experts are predicting property investors will return to the market soon and housing growth is predicted to be around 20%.
At the beginning of 2009 we were saying 'How low will rates go?' This has turned around recently with rate rises in October, November and December. Rising interest rates should not be misread and cause concern that they will increase out of control. The positive is that we are on the way to recovery and we can all look forward to the benefits that this will bring.
I have over 18 years' lending experience. If you are interested in how you can save some $$ on your home or business loan and in structuring your finances to make things simpler, please contact me.
0423 734 412
185 Wakefield Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Psyched In Stilettos
What does the universe want YOU to know?
As we move into 2010 and beyond, which goals and aspirations are you hoping to manifest? Are you living your life purpose, acting from your gut feelings and walking in an assured, focused direction towards your true happiness?
Rundle Street-based spiritual advisor 'Miss Psychette' has been channelling uplifting information for clients for the past five years, helping people to connect with their life missions, understand the karmic relationships around them, identify and release emotional/physical blocks and accelerate their success and happiness.
For your one-hour consultation - and to find out what 2010 holds in store for you - call Rebecca Dettman on 0439 621 931 or visit www.PsychedInStilettos.com
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at email@example.com and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.