Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
- Bill Cosby
Next month's feature:
10 Simple Tools to Conquer Your Clutter
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written for small business owners, young entrepreneurs and service industry professionals and filled with cutting edge success tips to help you skyrocket your income, enjoy more personal time and be known as a star in your field.
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream e-zine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 Myer gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine any time at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
Did you have a good weekend?
Ours included a little birthday party (arranged by Jake) to celebrate my mum's 84th birthday. We had cupcakes and candy snakes, of course.
We also managed to successfully entertain over 20 family members at our place this Easter, despite me slipping on some melted ice with half a dozen dessert plates in each hand. I didn't drop any, but one of my knees got quite bruised. The kids loved their Easter egg hunt and had fun decorating boiled eggs. Not quite the traditional Ukrainian way I was taught, but they liked watching the shrinky dink coloured wrappers I bought at Spotlight, magically stick to eggs as we dipped them into boiling water.
If you live in Adelaide, you might also have witnessed my recent moment of fame when I appeared in the Sunday Mail social pages, celebrating the 10th anniversary of The Adelaide Network
with the lovely Kelly Noble of GLAM Adelaide. I've been a member of The Adelaide Network since its inception and I've found it a wonderful, intimate, face-to-face networking group. We meet on the first Wednesday evening of each month. Let me know if you'd like to check it out! You're always welcome to come along as my guest. It's also a really nice way to put tip 7 of this month's tips into action.
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Ways to Attract all the Clients You Need
Attracting more clients is often a common theme for the self-employed professionals I work with, so I was really happy to come across Fabienne Fredrickson's client attraction system a few years ago and I've shared it with many of my clients ever since. I've personally used these strategies too, so I can confidently say, 'Yes, they work!'
It's a 10-step system that can help you boost your client numbers and continue to consistently attract more clients. You can pick up a copy of Fabienne's "How to Attract All the Clients You Need" audio CD here (valued at US$24.95) which she's generously giving away for f.ree, so you can learn more about her client attraction system. By the way, please pass this e-zine on to anyone else who you feel or think might be interested in this CD offer too!
In summary, here are the 10 steps, and Fabienne's home study system teaches you exactly how to do each step:
- Make client attraction a priority: Make time in your days for marketing and client attraction. Make room in your schedule, prioritise your daily task lists, schedule in follow-up time, put a pause on non-essential leaks in your 'marketing bucket', so you can fully invest yourself in growing your business. Cluster your client days, business development days and days off so you make the most of every minute you have. Essentially, clear the decks for what's most important!
- Focus on results and advantages: Examine exactly where you are positioned in the marketplace, what your compelling story is, what will motivate prospective clients to work with you, what makes your services unique, who your competitors are and what makes you different from them. Figure out what you offer specifically in terms of results and benefits to clients because that's what clients want to know.
- Craft your ideal client profile: Find out exactly who your ideal clients are: the WHO, WHAT, WHY, HOW of what makes YOU their problem-solver, as well as the best ways to reach them in large numbers and inexpensively. Resist wanting to serve anyone and everyone and research the viability of your ideal client profile.
- Construct your compelling marketing message: Craft a marketing message, tagline and elevator speech that grab attention and that make people call YOU as opposed to you chasing after THEM.
- Package what you know, offer and charge: Take stock of your services, what you offer and what you know, and turn these into irresistible programs, packages and systems that make prospective clients sit up, take notice and want to work with you. Look at positioning what you offer in packages and programs, how to price your offerings so they sell themselves.
- Get clients to call YOU with PULL marketing materials: It doesn't work to PUSH your services. You need to PULL your clients in with specific materials and techniques that really speak to them - your website, your business cards and testimonials can do the selling for you.
- Get out there in a BIG way: People like to do business with people they know, like and trust. Educate your environment and personal advocates in how to send you referrals. Stop hiding behind your desk and get out there using strategies like networking, forming strategic alliances and speaking at events - your own or other people's.
- Create your marketing pie: Create a specific plan to reach your ideal clients easily and inexpensively using your compelling marketing message and start 'fishing where the fish are'. You want a multi-pronged marketing approach so that you never put all your eggs in the same basket, but take it slow and don't try to put in place ALL the pieces at the same time. Once that plan is in place and running smoothly, you can add different marketing 'slices' to your pie to continue to consistently increase your client base.
- Become a master of closing the sale*: It won't serve you to put so much effort into marketing and client attraction if you don't know how to close the sale properly. You need to master this step.
- Implement systems for consistent action and results: There is never a time that you will stop marketing completely - unless you want to NOT have clients. You need to continue to be systematic and once the systems described above have been put into place they'll almost run by themselves.
Remember to pick up your copy of Fabienne's Client Attraction CD here if you're interested.
* For more tips on 'closing the sale' you can also read my 10 Ways to Close the Sale here.
For more business and life coaching tips to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine/index.php. To find out more about how you can work with me personally, visit:
www.blueskycoaching.com.au, or call me on 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail me on
Join Me Next Month at 'Coach Week'
Learn more about coaching from professional coaches at Coach Week, 24 - 29 May 2010.
Come along to any of the coaching special interest group sessions.
When: Daily, 24 - 28 May 2010
Where: Time and location of each group to be announced
The Groups: Meditation, Emotional Freedom Techniques (I'll be facilitating this one), Points of View - The Coaching Game, NLP, Plunging into Pure Potential through The Shamanic Journey
Cost: Gold coin donation
and / or
Come to the Coach Week Black Tie Dinner Dance. Be inspired and motivated by three local speakers, enjoy a 4-course dinner, live entertainment, DJ and dancing, with part proceeds going to a children's charity.
When: Saturday 29 May 2010
Time: 6 pm for 6.30 pm start
Where: Festival Function Centre, 292 Findon Road, Findon SA
Included: 4-course dinner and drinks - wine, beer, soft drinks, tea/coffee
Cost: $95 per person / $900 table of 10
For more information contact Connie Diano, President, South Australia - International Coach Federation of Australasia Inc
T: (08) 8357 5150
M: 0408 027 400
or contact me on email@example.com or 0411 471 941 if you'd like to know when are where my EFT session will be held.
Coaching Will Help to Achieve Your Business Goals
If you'd like to work with me on attracting more clients or on any other business-related issue, then please call me on 0411 471 941. I'd love to hear from you. I'm available in person (within 100 kms of Adelaide CBD) or by telephone (elsewhere) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9.30 am and 5.30 pm.
Note: Whenever you refer a friend who becomes a client, your friend will receive $50.00 off their first coaching session with me and you'll receive a $50.00 Myer gift certificate as a token of my appreciation.
Autumn Coaching Competition - Drawn 31 May
Enter now at: http://www.blueskycoaching.com.au/special.php for your chance to WIN 2 coaching sessions with me plus a copy of 'Coach yourself into action - how to get what you want with 7 simple strategies' by Mary Lou Johns.
In Coach Yourself into Action, Mary Lou provides ways for all those who procrastinate, hold back, or are fearful about setting out in new directions, to get moving. She clearly describes an energising set of simple strategies that work.
Through illuminating stories and easy exercises, Mary Lou shares her expertise as a personal coach and shows you how to use 7 simple strategies. She explains the concept, gives plenty of examples of how people have used it to their benefit, and walks you through it, step by step.
Previous competition winner: G. Kingston
Next Month: 10 Simple Tools to Conquer Your Clutter
Do you have issues with clutter? According to Karen Kingston, author of Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui, clutter has far-reaching physical, mental, emotional and even spiritual effects. It can drain your energy, keep you stuck in the past, confuse and distract you, and make you feel disorganised and even ashamed.
Just this week, for example, we disposed of a broken slippery dip, a TV set, an old computer and a video recorder (remember those!!). We also welcomed in a small 22 inch HD set (a bonus gift with purchase of a larger HD set) and a trampoline for the kids. Hmn, I'm starting to notice a pattern now.
So next month, I'll share 10 simple tools from Karen's book to conquer your clutter more easily than ever before.
Sponsors and Advertisements
Positive Parents, Resilient Kids Program
Whether you have a career or not, the pressures of parenting can be overwhelming.
Neglecting your own wellbeing can adversely affect the relationship you have with your child and their wellbeing.
Parent Wellbeing and Optimistic Kids have come together to create "Positive Parents, Resilient Kids" program that teaches parents proven ways to build wellbeing and reslience.
- How your wellbeing impacts on your children's wellbeing
- How optimistic thinking helps you and your children overcome adversity
- How to build a stronger relationship with your children based on love, respect and support
Jodie Benveniste: Director of Parent Wellbeing
Karen Davies: Psychologist with Optimistic Kids
When: 1 pm - 4 pm Saturday 15 May 2010 and Saturday 22 May 2010
Cost: $350 *
Private health and Medicare rebates may apply
* Mention this ad and enjoy a $25 discount if you book before 30 April 2010!
To register RSVP by 7 May 2010
08 8264 2311
Bliss Aroma Therapies
Celebrate Mother's Day during the month of May ...
Receive a 1-hour massage for $50.
Also applies to gift certificates.
Joanna Smith at Bliss Aroma Therapies is a fully qualified remedial massage therapist and aroma therapist. She is also a Reiki therapist.
Nurture yourself and your baby during pregnancy, and pamper yourself with a safe and heavenly pregnancy massage!
Choose a holistic massage and enjoy the benefits of reduced muscle tension and stress, increased mobility and improved physical and emotional wellbeing.
Or, experience a healing Reiki treatment - extremely beneficial for those suffering from stress, anxiety and insomnia.
Contact Joanna for an appointment on 0407 791 484
Mondays 1 pm - 9 pm
Tuesdays 1 pm - 9 pm
Saturdays 9 am - 5 pm
Health fund rebates apply
Aromatherapy|Detox Massage|Pregnancy Massage|Reiki|Relaxation Massage|Therapeutic Massage
429 Henley Beach Road
Brooklyn Park, SA
Only 6 kms from Adelaide CBD!
Jessica Virtual Assistant (JVA) - The way of your future!
Imagine not having to deal with mundane administrative tasks and having more time to deliver and market your product or service!
JVA enables you to spend more time "on your business" by providing administrative support from a remote office. Services range from data entry and internet research, to presentations and much more.
You don't pay for annual and sick leave entitlements.
You don't pay for superannuation.
You don't pay for unproductive hours.
You don't pay for office equipment.
You don't need any office equipment - all work is completed remotely.
You only pay for the time it takes to complete the task!
For further information visit my website www.jessicavirtualassistant.com.au or contact Jessica on 0407 848 161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
7 Ways Copy With Cream Can Help You
Whether it's a website, brochure, print ad, Yellow Pages ad, newsletter, direct marketing or an elevator spiel, you really need the best words to get your message across. No matter what your budget, I can help you with:
- Copy writing. If it gets too hard, let me write the copy (words) for you
- In-house consult. I come to your business and work with you or your team
- One-on-one brainstorming. 2 hours via phone or Skype to get you started or get you unstuck
- Workshops. Come to a workshop or ask me about hosting one for your staff/clients
- Keynote presentations. Come to a presentation or ask me about hosting one for your staff/clients
- E-book. 75 pages, fully indexed, 100s of easy tips to DIY - visit my website
- F.ree Writing Tips. Why not subscribe to my monthly writing tips - visit my website
Contact Karen - I'd love to help you! Karen Zaskolny 0412 322 982
Have you been out of the workforce for a while? Looking for a change? Not sure how to get started?
We'll work with you to unleash your potential at this workshop.
Let us work with you to:
- Rebuild your confidence to return to the workforce
- Help you discover what you want to do
- Guide learning and development you need to get there
- Link you to a network of like-minded people
With limited places available on this program, register today.
When: Friday 7 May 2010
Time: 9 am - 12.30 pm
Where: Education Development Centre, Milner Street, Hindmarsh SA
Cost: $195 (inclusive of GST and one hour f.ree coaching session)
Phone: 0403 874 229 or Email: email@example.com
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service, workshop or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line. As a subscriber to this e-zine, you can receive f.ree advertising, based on availability, if you submit your advertising copy to me by the 20th day of the month.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.