Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
'I've been practising so long, I'm perfect.'
- Max Basheer, Solicitor (and Jake and Holly's great uncle)
Next month's feature:
10 Essentials for Great Customer Service
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written for small business owners, young entrepreneurs and service industry professionals and filled with cutting edge success tips to help you skyrocket your income, enjoy more personal time and be known as a star in your field.
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream e-zine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 Myer gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine any time at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
I always love the beginning of spring here in Adelaide - the change from thunderous storms (throughout our weekend escape to Victor Harbor for Fathers Day, of course) to gorgeous sunny days. We stayed at The Bluff
so we had amazing views of the changing weather (there were several clear, sunny patches too) and managed to get out and about to the Victor Harbor and Goolwa markets and ride on the Cockle Train again. We had planned to go on the SteamRanger, but, unfortunately, it was being serviced.
Somehow, Jake managed to keep his Fathers Day gift for Rick (gorgeous cuff links with Jake and Holly's hand prints on them) a surprise too (OK, so I needed to let Jake partially spill the beans and tell Rick we'd arranged something special for him).
We slipped in a visit to the Royal Adelaide Show on the last day, which Jake loved, however, Rick missed out on a Bertie Beetle show bag (they were sold out). I also managed to lose an $18 show bag I bought for Holly. Buying it again proved a good investment though. It had a pram with two dollies in it and she plays with it every day and takes them everywhere!
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Business Development Strategies for Professional Practitioners
Products are tangible. You can see them, feel them and usually sample or test drive them before you buy. Services, on the other hand, are not.
It's only after a service has been performed for you that you know if you like it, can see how it works, and you're able to decide if it will solve your problem or produce the results you're looking for.
There is an old saying in marketing, 'People do business with people they know, like and trust.'
With this in mind, here are my top 10 business development strategies for professional service providers:
- Be Inspiring: How you come across and relate to a prospective client will often be the difference between an enquiry and a sale. When you're genuine, positive and enthusiastic, and have confidence and belief in yourself and what you have to offer, prospective clients will find you inspiring and an attractive person to do business with.
- Maximise your online opportunities:
Having an online presence not only gives you credibility as a business, but it reduces your need to personally address frequently asked questions, over and over again. Although people often still rely on recommendations from family, friends and colleagues when choosing a service provider, a 'Google' or other online search is the most popular way people do their own research to help them choose among service providers. If you'd like to have a stronger online presence, see www.winningbusinessonline.com.au.
- Encourage referrals and word-of-mouth business: Regularly ask for referrals from your existing clients and actively refer your clients to others whenever possible. This will help grow your network and encourage the people you've referred business to, to look out for business to refer to you.
- Form strategic alliances: Create relationships with other business owners with a similar target market and ask them to refer their clients to your business when they notice an opportunity and offer to do the same for them.
- Become an expert in something: When you're an expert in something, even people within your industry will refer business to you when their clients need assistance that's outside their area of expertise. Another benefit is that the media will often seek out your comments for news items.
- Use PR/Media: Press releases are an effective way to get word out and educate the marketplace about your services or areas of expertise. Learn how to write and distribute your own press releases at www.newsmaker.com.au.
- Speak at conferences, events or teach a class: Sharing your expertise with others through speaking is another way to be more visible and to demonstrate your credibility to potential clients. People are more likely to remember who you are once they've seen you speak at an event.
- Network with your target market or potential business referrers: Choose networking events where you'll either have an opportunity to meet your target clients or potential strategic alliance partners or referral sources and actively connect people whenever you see an opportunity to do so.
- Get published: Write articles,an e-zine or newsletter, a column or even a book! Any of these will increase your credibility and encourage clients to want to do business with you.
- Follow up effectively: After meeting a potential client or referral source, ensure that you follow up by arranging a meeting, lunch or coffee. Stay in contact by inviting them to join your e-zine or newsletter mailing list or ask them to be your guest at an upcoming event.
Whichever strategies you choose to use, design a sales and marketing plan that you action on a daily basis. Remember, the best time to be marketing is when you don't need the business!
Related tips: 10 Steps to Successful Networking and 10 Ways to Close the Sale.
For more business and life coaching tips to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine/index.php. To find out more about how you can work with me personally, visit:
www.blueskycoaching.com.au, or call me on 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail me on
Do You Need a Speaker for Your Conference or Event?
I'm now available for speaking engagements on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays as well as the occasional week night or for weekend events.
Choose your topic based on my "Top 10 Tips" series of articles, including business development, client attraction, communication skills, successful networking and work-life issues, such as making time for your life. Or, you might like one of my two signature talks "Dreaming of a sea change? Don't just dream, make it happen!" and "Break free and enjoy your life with energy tapping."
Call me on 0411 471 941 or feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org with your upcoming conference or event details, including date, time and location so we can discuss costs and content.
Overcome Your Fear of Public Speaking with EFT
Do you break out into a cold sweat just thinking about the prospect of public speaking? How did you feel the last time you were asked to speak in front of an audience. Were you exhilarated or terrified? If you had told me a few years ago that I'd be presenting at conferences in front of audiences of hundreds of people and that I'd feel amazing, I would have told you, 'no way'!
You can banish any fears you have relating to public speaking, just like I did, through EFT.
Learn this incredibly easy technique through my EFT Home Study package, available at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php.
DVD + Workbook package cost AUS$97.00.
Personal consultations with me are also available on Thursdays and Fridays, in Adelaide or by telephone. Call me on 0411 471 941 or email email@example.com to book a session. Consultations AUS$125.00.
Enter my Spring Coaching Competition Now!
Enter now at: http://www.blueskycoaching.com.au/special.php for your chance to WIN 2 business or life coaching sessions with me plus a copy of 'Getting things done: the art of stress-free productivity' by David Allen. Valued at over $300!
Winner drawn 30 November 2010.
Getting things done can transform the way you work and live, showing you how to pick up the pace without wearing yourself down.
Learn how to:
- Apply the 'do it, delegate it, defer it, drop it' rule to get your in-box to empty
- Reassess goals and stay focused in changing situations
- Plan and unstick projects
- Overcome feelings of confusion, anxiety and being overwhelmed
- Feel fine about what you're not doing.
Previous competition winner: C.Rugari
Next Month: 10 Essentials for Great Customer Service
Next month we'll look at 10 ways to stand out from the crowd by consistently providing unrivalled customer service every time.
Sponsors and Advertisements
Celebrating the website launch of helloBABY Designs
STYLISH & PERSONALISED BABY ANNOUNCEMENT CARDS, with love
If you're welcoming a new baby to the world, there's no better way to introduce your little one's arrival than with a beautifully designed baby announcement photo card from helloBABY Designs. Our collection offers everything you need to share your wonderful news in style and without fuss!
Ordering your announcement card is simple. Log on to www.hellobabydesigns.com.au, select a card design from the gallery, provide your baby's details along with a gorgeous photo and sit back and relax, while helloBABY creates a stunning personalised card for you. A proof will be emailed and, once approved, we print your cards and dispatch them to your door.
To celebrate, helloBABY would like to offer readers 10% off their order when promotion code BLUESKY is entered at the checkout.
We'd love to be part of your upcoming announcement! Visit www.hellobabydesigns.com.au to view our catalogue of designs and to place your order.
REDUCE YOUR WORK LOAD!
Outsource your administrative tasks to a Professional!
- Experience! I have worked in administrative and management positions for 10 years collectively
- It' s cost effective - you only pay for the time it takes to complete the task
- You don't have to worry about providing an office or equipment, all work is completed remotely
- Documentation, word processing, mail merges, spreadsheets, presentations, research, enquiries and much more!
Contact Jessica on 0407 848 161
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bliss Aroma Therapies
Just a few days left to receive a $20.00 discount on any massage treatment or gift certificate purchase this month when you mention Living the dream e-zine.
Nurture yourself and your baby during pregnancy and pamper yourself with a safe and heavenly pregnancy massage!
Choose a holistic massage and enjoy the benefits of reduced muscle tension and stress, increased mobility and improved physical and emotional wellbeing.
Or, experience a healing Reiki treatment- extremely beneficial for those suffering from stress, anxiety and insomnia.
Joanna Smith at Bliss Aroma Therapies is a fully qualified remedial masssage therapist, aroma therapist and Reiki therapist.
Monday: 1 pm - 9 pm
Tuesday: 1 pm - 9 pm
Thursday: 1 pm - 9 pm
Friday 9 am - 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 5 pm
Prices: 1/2 hour $45 ~ 1 hour $70 ~ 1 1/2 hours $110
Health fund rebates apply. EFTPOS and credit card facilities also available.
Aromatherapy | Pregnancy Massage | Reiki | Relaxation Massage | Therapeutic Massage
Contact Joanna for an appointment on 0407 791 484
429 Henley Beach Road, Brooklyn Park SA
Only 6 kms from Adelaide CBD!
Creating Workplace Happiness
Tuesday, September 28th, 1.30 pm - 5 pm
Discover ways to create workplace happiness for yourself and others.
- what leaders can do to create happy workplaces using systems, processes and culture
- the impact individuals have
Have fun generating new ideas to bring happiness into your workplace.
Complete the Oxford Happiness Questionnaire and achieve the happiness you desire by discovering which activities will best boost your own happiness. Investment: $299
Facilitated by Bridget Hogg, Principal Consultant, HR Development at Work
Enquiries: email@example.com Ph: (08) 8322 8455
* FRE.E COUPLES DANCE PASSES *
HR Development at Work also offers Workplace Wellbeing Workshops.
Every organisation we work with or talk to about our wellbeing programs, or who refers a client to us before the end of October receives fre.e couples dance class passes for every employee (1 - 10,000 employees).
Want your fre.e dance class pass? Ask Bridget on (08) 8322 8455
The Secret's Out!
Need a gift ... but don't know where to start? Want to give a gift that will be appreciated and you'll be remembered for?
Then Gossip Box is for you!
Our range of South Australian goodies will tempt the taste buds of any recipient.
Whether crackers and sauces whet their appetite, or they salivate over jellies, chocolates and biscuits, you'll always have it covered with a Gossip Box.
We promise you a gift box FULL of SA goodies your gift recipient will LOVE.
Call us on (08) 8250 4940 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can tailor-make your gift.
Order any gift box from our GIFT BOX range and we'll pay the delivery cost.*
* Special offer applies to Adelaide CBD deliveries.
SA country and interstate deliveries are welcome! A delivery charge applies.
Check out our website www.gossipbox.com.au for our complete range.
You'll be glad you did!
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service, workshop or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at email@example.com and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line. As a subscriber to this e-zine, you can receive f.ree advertising, based on availability, if you submit your advertising copy to me by the 20th day of the month.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.