Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
'The most profound relationship we'll ever have is the one with ourselves.'
- Shirley Maclaine
Next month's feature:
10 Tips for Successful Strategic Alliances
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written for small business owners, young entrepreneurs and service industry professionals and filled with cutting edge success tips to help you skyrocket your income, enjoy more personal time and be known as a star in your field.
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream e-zine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 Myer gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine any time at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
Hi there,I hope you've enjoyed some time out these holidays and that Santa put something nice in your Christmas stocking for you! I treated myself to a Thermomix and, being a big 'foodie', I love it and use it every day. If you'd like to see one in action, let me know. I'm having a Thermomix party this Saturday morning which is at 'standing room only', but I'm planning to hold another one in autumn or winter.
I've was hoping the New Year would be a good time to fast-forward my goal of losing 10 kilos before my next birthday. I've lost almost 4 since November, which I'm happy pretty about, but between Jake and Holly, we've had 3 birthday parties to go to this month, and it's bad luck to not eat a person's birthday cake, isn't it? Or is that wedding cake? Either way, I can't resist birthday cakes, especially those shaped like cars and monkeys.
This month we're continuing to work on relationships and strengthening the ones we have. For those of us living in Australia, it's been extremely sobering and heartening to see how people are reaching out and supporting one another during the recent floods crises.
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Ways to Strengthen Your Relationships
One of my favourite authors on the subject of intimate relationships is Stephanie Dowrick and this month I'd like to share 10 of her wise ideas for strengthening relationships.
Although they come from her book The Almost Perfect Marriage, I think most of them will work well for any kind of relationship:
- Treat others well: Self-respect and feeling good about yourself live or die on how you treat other people - especially those closest to you. The better you treat other people, the better you'll feel about yourself, and the less obsessed about yourself you are, the easier it will be to behave thoughtfully with others.
- Have fun!: Having fun together is essential - make it a priority.
- Be good-humoured: Good humour may well be the most valuable currency in your relationship. This means, for example: being reliable in your moods, interpreting events positively, tolerating differences in opinion, keeping an eye on the big picture - 'I love this person', accepting with grace when things don't go your way and taking pleasure in your relationship and one another.
- Stop beating yourself up: Silence those complaints about yourself. The way you treat yourself will affect all your relationships, especially the most intimate. Accept who you are. Open your eyes to the strengths you can develop and share.
- Don't 'dump' negativity on loved ones: It's extremely tempting to 'dump' your negativity on someone else - especially your loved ones. Dumping doesn't relieve your tension, nor can it possibly support your relationship. Own your feelings and do something about them. Notice how your moods colour your interpretations. Trust that when other people seem especially annoying, you yourself are out of sorts.
- Keep your partner at the centre of your life: Children, family, friends, colleagues and pets all matter, but keep your partner at the centre of your life. Let the love you create together benefit all those other relationships. Talk to and about one another positively.
- Feel secure within yourself: 'I can't live without you', isn't a compliment. No-one should be required to bring meaning to an empty life. The more secure you feel inwardly, the more secure your relationship can also be. Inner security is something you must give yourself. It will absolutely transform what you can then give to other people and receive from them.
- Work things out together: 'Having problems' is not a problem. Having problems only becomes a problem when you don't know how to talk, listen and work things out.
- Use your strengths: Regard the strengths that each of you have as shared assets within your relationship. Brainstorm what they are. You might be surprised by what your partner sees in you that you don't. Write those strengths down. Acknowledge and validate them. In tough or complex moments, remember those strengths and call on them.
- Practise and share your values: Shared values strengthen a relationship. They give you ground to stand on, especially when you can bring them to life. Talk about why your values matter and what they mean to you. Lean on your values for inspiration and support, such as courage, kindness, loyalty, laughter, trust and forgiveness.
Related tips: 10 tips for better communication, 10 tips for talking and listening to each other, 10 relationship skills for the almost perfect marriage
and 10 tips for successful conflict resolution.
For more business and life coaching tips to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine/index.php. To find out more about how you can work with me personally, visit:
www.blueskycoaching.com.au, or call me on 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail me on
Working Towards the 4-Hour Work Week
Just a note to let you know that from 31 January my business hours will be changing from 9.30 am - 5.30 pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays to 9.30 am - 2.30 pm on Mondays and 9.30 am - 5.30 pm Thursdays and Fridays.
I'm not quite at the stage of the The 4-Hour Work Week , but I feel like I'm definitely heading in the right direction!
Next EFT Circle and DVD Package Special Offer
The Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Special Interest Group (SIG) will be resuming monthly EFT Circles on Tuesday 15 February 2011, in the boardroom of the Fullarton Park Community Centre, 411 Fullarton Rd, Fullarton SA. Cost: $10. Let me know by reply e-mail if you'd like to come!
Given the recent flood disasters in Australia, this month's discussion topic will be 'EFT for post-traumatic stress, anxiety and depression.' EFT is a proven, effective technique to support any of these conditions.
Our EFT Circles are for coaches, therapists and and anyone else in the community interested in exploring EFT applications, such as how EFT can be used to relieve pain, facilitate weight loss, overcome addictions and boost confidence and self-esteem.
To learn this simple, proven technique, take a look at the many options I have available at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php.
If you have family or friends affected by the recent flood disasters in Queensland, NSW or Victoria, please feel free to contact me and I'll give your family member or friend either one of my EFT DVD packages or a 1:1 EFT session with me to help them through this difficult time.
I'm available for 1:1 EFT consultations and in-house workshops on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Direct Line: (08) 8338 3134
Mobile: 0411 471 941
Summer Coaching Competition
Enter now at: blueskycoaching.com.au/special.php for your chance to WIN two business, executive or life coaching sessions with me and a copy of Stephanie Dowrick's Intimacy & Solitude Self-Therapy Book,
valued at over $300!
Winner drawn 28 February 2011.
There are times in all our lives when help from others is essential. But there are also times when it is uniquely beneficial to use and develop our own inner resources. Extending the richly rewarding approach of her international bestseller, Intimacy & Solitude, Stephanie Dowrick draws us into a particularly accessible and enjoyable way to enhance self-knowledge and skillfully increase our appreciation of others.
Whether you have an hour to spare each week, or just a rare twenty minutes, whether you are troubled most about how to be alone, or how to be with others, this invaluable book will immediately uplift your emotional and spiritual life.
Christmas Competition Winner: J Fazzalari
Next Month: 10 Tips for Successful Strategic Alliances
Do you have strategic alliance partners helping your business grow and succeed? For example, if you operate a specialty cake shop, you might form strategic alliances with hairdressers, party planners or florists.
Next month we'll look at how to successfully form strategic alliances and work with your alliance partners so that, together, you can grow your businesses faster than you might on your own.
Sponsors and Advertisements
Essence in Summer
11 - 13 February, 2011
at Whalers Inn Resort, Victor Harbor, SA
Feeling stressed? Tired and exhausted? Need a hit of creativity?
You need to steal away from it all and treat yourself to a weekend of pampering your mind, body and soul!
Enjoy a fresh and dynamic speaker line-up, workshops and activities such as yoga, meditations, health and nutrition, personal development, aromatherapy, love and emotions, massage and more!
This weekend is just what you'll need after a busy festive season!
For more information or to register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Melissa Parente on 0421 996 983.
Package price is $699 and includes 2 nights accommodation, all food and drink (ex alcohol), choice of 1 x pamper treatment (mini-massage, mini-facial, mini-manicure or mini-pedicure), 2 days of workshops and group activities and a gift bag for every guest.
Please get in early to make your booking and take advantage of this fantastic offer!
10 Steps to Rebuilding Your Life after Relationship Breakup
A support program for women
A 10-week support program for women who want guidance through the separation and divorce recovery process.
If you're feeling sad, unhappy, lonely, depressed, angry or lost, if you dream of getting revenge on your ex, or you just want your ex back, but know you can't, then this group is for you.
During this program you'll learn to understand the different stages of the divorce process and how they affect you, plus many resourceful and empowering strategies, so that you can learn to cope with this life crisis and start moving on with your life.
This group is suitable for women who are open to exploring, learning, sharing and taking some action.
When: Thursday 3 March 2011 - Thursday 5 May 2011.
Time: Weekly, 9.15 am - 12.15 pm
Venue: Fullarton Park Community Centre, 411 Fullarton Rd, Fullarton SA
For details and bookings go to: www.stickytickets.com.au
For women who want assistance but are not ready to participate in a group, individual sessions are also available.
Call Martina on 0439 889 644.
Let food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food
Introducing ... Thermomix
The world's most advanced kitchen appliance.
Thermomix allows you control in the preparation of your food, sustaining the goodness of natural food without colourings, additives or preservatives.
We come to you!
Live demonstrations in your own premises - home or business. Experience Thermomix's multi-functional use and enjoy the tastings prepared for you.
Enquiries telephone (08) 8271 7002 or 0412 839 917 or email email@example.com
Embrace Your Feminine Energy
2011 Events - 2nd Wednesday of Each Month
Feb 9 - Healthy Lunch Box Ideas and Treats for all Ages using Thermomix
Mar 9 - EYFE Astrological Chart for 2011 - Leonie Marks
Apr 13 - Intimo Essentials & Lingerie - Ruth Murphy
May 11 - Lotus Floating - Deanne Schmid
Jun 8 - Silent Auction - Mid-year Wenatex Bedding/Thermomix Dinner - Michael Ivory and Sharon Neal
EYFE members $15, non-members $20.
Annual EYFE Membership Investment $97.50.
Sharon Neal, specialist in body-energy medicine
Suite 1, 67 King William Road, Unley SA 5064
Phone: 08 8271 7002
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service, workshop or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line. As a subscriber to this e-zine, you can receive f.ree advertising, based on availability, if you submit your advertising copy to me by the 20th day of the month.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.