Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
'Life is like a box of chocolates
...you never know what you're gonna get.'
- Forrest Gump
Next month's feature:
10 Ways to Feel Fabulous Every Day
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written for small business owners, young entrepreneurs and service industry professionals and filled with cutting edge success tips to help you skyrocket your income, enjoy more personal time and be known as a star in your field.
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream e-zine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 Myer gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine any time at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
I hope you've had a lovely Easter and enjoyed some wonderful chocolate treats!
This year I did a chocolate making, A chocolate decorating (with Jake) and an Easter-themed Thermomix cooking class, so as you can imagine, we've enjoyed a few foodie indulgences over Easter! That is, until I dropped my Thermomix bowl and dented it, rendering my Thermomix out-of-action. We also had a wonderful dark chocolate cake on the weekend to celebrate my mum's 85th birthday. Dale Smith took some beautiful family photos for us.
Given the timing of Easter this year, I couldn't resist sharing an article with you that I read at Laurel on Health Food on the many nutritional benefits of eating my favourite food, chocolate.
I hope you enjoy this month's issue and that it reduces any guilt you might be feeling about indulging in chocolate. Unfortunately, despite all the wonderful reasons to eat more chocolate, I've noticed my bathroom scales and tape measure aren't too supportive!
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Reasons to Eat More Chocolate
by LAUREL - September 27, 2007
You might think chocolate is sinful, but it's a lot better for you than you think.
In fact, it has been used for hundreds of years by medical professionals to cure ailments such as tuberculosis, gout, fatigue, diarrhoea, weak digestion, hemorrhoids, low virility and shortness of breath.
Recent nutritional research has identified many health benefits of chocolate. After reviewing these studies, I came up with the following ten reasons why you need to consume more chocolate:
- Reduces high blood pressure: Flavonoids in cocoa (procyanids) help balance blood pressure and reduce blood clotting. Researchers from Germany's University Hospital of Cologne found that cocoa consumption lowered blood pressure by an average of 4.7/2.8 mm Hg. The New York Times reported that dark chocolate is almost as effective at lowering blood pressure as common antihypertensive drugs.
- Improves blood flow to brain: A University of Nottingham professor found that drinking cocoa drinks rich in flavanols improves blood flow to key areas of the brain for two to three hours. Flavanols in the cocoa drink are a key ingredient of dark chocolate. Professor Macdonald's study also suggested that cocoa flavanols in chocolate may enhance brain function to help fight sleep deprivation, fatigue, and the effects of ageing.
- Boosts mood: MSNBC reported that caffeine and other chemicals in dark chocolate can improve your mood and ease premenstrual symptoms. Mark's Daily Apple wrote that the chemical phenylethylamine in chocolate has been found to trigger feelings similar to 'falling in love.'
- Prevents cell damage and
- Improves blood sugar levels: Lisa C. Cohn, R.D., President of the Park Avenue Nutrition Spa in NYC, wrote that flavonoids in pure dark chocolate are responsible for these added benefits. Cohn said 'if you're going to indulge on Feb 14 or any other day, go for the purest dark chocolate you can find. That's the kind loaded with flavonoids.'
- Reduces risk of heart attack: A researcher from the John Hopkins University School of medicine said that eating a few squares of dark chocolate every day may reduce your risk of dying from a heart attack by almost 50%. The study found that blood platelets clotted slower in people who eat chocolate.
- Helps ease chronic fatigue syndrome: A study found that adults with chronic fatigue syndrome who eat 1.5 ounces of 85% cocoa dark chocolate were less fatigued after they ate chocolate.
- Raises HDL cholesterol and lowers LDL cholesterol: A Penn State study found that diets high in cocoa powder and dark chocolate (with high flavonoid content) are related to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels when compared with diets low in flavonoids such as tea, wine, coffee and onions.
- Improves processing of blood sugar: An Italian study found that dark chocolate consumption increased the body's metabolism of blood sugars and may reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Eases a persistent cough: A UK study found that theobromine, a component in cocoa, may be more effective as a cough medicine than standard drug treatments. The research showed that 'theobromine acts on the sensory nerve endings of the vagus nerve, which runs through the airways in the lungs to the brain.'
Many chocolates can be high in calories, sugar and saturated fat. To maximise the health benefits of chocolate, avoid eating processed chocolate products that have refined sugar and milk fat. Instead, choose the purest dark chocolate you can find - the more raw and unprocessed, the higher the flavonoid content. The best dark chocolate to eat has at least 60% cocoa solids.
More tips: 10 Ways to De-stress, 10 Reasons to Take a Holiday,
10 Ways to Create a More Balanced Lifestyle.
For more business and life coaching tips to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine/index.php. To find out more about how you can work with me personally, visit:
www.blueskycoaching.com.au, or call me on 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail me on
Next EFT Circle - Boost Your Confidence with EFT
Join me and the Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Special Interest Group (SIG) in our next monthly EFT Circle meeting.
Note: Please BYO water as we always do some hands-on EFT and it's essential to stay well hydrated when doing any energetic healing work.
When: Tuesday 17 May 2011
Topic: Boost Your Confidence with EFT
Where: The Boardroom of the Fullarton Park Community Centre, 411 Fullarton Rd, Fullarton SA
Time: 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm.
RSVP: By Monday 16 May to Tania at email@example.com or on 0411 471 941 f you'll be joining us, and/or if you'd like to be included on my EFT mailing list.
Our EFT Circles are for coaches, therapists and and anyone else in the community interested in exploring EFT applications.
To learn this simple, proven technique from the comfort of your own home, or to work with me personally, visit my website at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/energytapping.php.
I am available for 1:1 sessions, speaking engagements and private group workshops on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Direct Line: (08) 8338 3134
Mobile: 0411 471 941
See You During Coach Week, 23 - 29 May 2011?
ICF (International Coach Federation) Australasia Coach Week is an annual, week-long celebration of the coaching profession and will be held this year during the week 23 - 29 May 2011.
I'll be hosting an EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) Special Interest Group meeting here in Adelaide on Thursday, 26 May, from 7.30 pm - 9.30 pm in The Community Room, Fullarton Park Centre, 411 Fullarton Rd, Fullarton.
Topic: Control your fears and phobias with EFT
Please e-mail me with 'Coach Week EFT' in your header on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0411 471 941 if you think you might like to attend.
Don't hold me to this, but I think entry will be $10 per person, the same as a usual EFT Circle.
We'll be tapping, of course, so please bring a bottle of water with you!
Autumn Coaching Competition - Drawn 31 May
Enter now at: blueskycoaching.com.au/special.php for your chance to WIN a copy of my Energy Tapping Workshop Home Study Package, plus a 1:1 EFT session with me, i
n person or by telephone, valued at $197!
EFT is a powerful technique you can use virtually anywhere, anytime to:
- eliminate stress, anxiety, depression and panic attacks
- control your fears - of crowds, heights, flying, public speaking, spiders
- end your self-sabotaging and limiting beliefs and behaviours
- overcome procrastination
- improve your self-confidence and self-esteem
- subdue overwhelming feelings
- boost your sports perrformance
- recover from addictions and debilitating pain, including back ache and migraine headaches
- lose weight.
Break free from whatever is holding you back in life with EFT!
Easter Competition Winner: D. Bell
Next Month: 10 Ways to Feel Fabulous Every Day
Want to feel amazing, every day? Daily flickers of fabulousness are within everyone's grasp. Make them a habit and you'll feel calmer, happier and more energised every day.
Next month we'll look at 10 ways to feel fabulous every day, without eating chocolate.
Sponsors and Advertisements
Mindful Birth & Parenting
New online shop - NOW OPEN!
Visit our new Mindful Mum Blissful Bub Shop and check out our fabulous range of aromatherapy products, books, DVDs and CDs.
To launch our new shop, we have an exclusive Mothers Day Special - $60 Mindful Mama's Pamper Pack, which includes: Mindful Mama Massage Oil, Fabulous Floral Waters, Go With the Flow Essential Oil Blend, Goat's Milk Soap and Body Custard. Valued at $75.
BONUS OFFER: Register now for any of our May programs or workshops and receive a Go With the Flow Essential Oil Blend and Goat's Milk Soap Package, valued at $25.
Programs and workshops include:
To register, phone Fiona on 0412 613 600 or email email@example.com
The Secret's Out!
Looking for a gift with a difference this Mother's Day?
Why not surprise her with a gift from Gossip Box? We promise she will be 'gossiping' about your gift to everyone she knows!
Check out www.gossipbox.com.au for our Mothers Day special offer.
The first 40 orders will receive a Wallis double movie pass. Don't delay if you're interested!
Call Ilona Reid on (08) 8250 4940 or 0412 348 094 today.
The Secret's Out!
CROSSROADS SEMINARS - A fre.e talk created especially for people struggling with the after-effects of their relationship breakup.
The next Crossroads Seminar is on Monday 2 May 2011, from 10.30 am - 12.30 pm at Lamont Black Lawyers, 504 Glynburn Road, Burnside SA 5066.
For more dates and times visit our website: www.crossroadsseminars.com.au
Crossroads Seminars are presented by:
Martina Wilson - Australia's leading divorce recovery coach
Debra Hann - Certified financial planner
Patrick Black - Practising Family Law lawyer
When you attend Crossroads Seminars you will get:
- reliable financial and legal information
- a blueprint for how to move on with your life after your separation or divorce
- plenty of opportunity to ask questions from the participating professionals
- clarity around what your next step needs to be
- the chance to network with like-minded people in a safe and friendly environment
- light refreshment
This event is fre.e and seats are strictly limited so you need to book by calling (08) 8223 5121, 0439 889 644 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid disappointment.
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service, workshop or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at email@example.com and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line. As a subscriber to this e-zine, you can receive f.ree advertising, based on availability, if you submit your advertising copy to me by the 20th day of the month.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.