Send to friends
Click here to send Living the dream to up to 5 friends!
Click here to view this and all previous issues on-line.
Quote of the month
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be?
Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, like children do. It's just not in some of us, it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
- Marianne Williamson
Next month's feature:
10 Ways To Increase Your Business Cashflow
In this issue:
Welcome to Living the dream, Blue Sky Coaching's monthly e-zine, written for small business owners, young entrepreneurs and service industry professionals and filled with cutting edge success tips to help you skyrocket your income, enjoy more personal time and be known as a star in your field.
If you enjoy receiving Living the dream e-zine, please pass it on to anyone else you think might like to receive it too. Every 50th subscriber will receive a $50 Myer gift card and so will you, if you were responsible for referring them.
You can read all previous issues of Living the dream e-zine any time at: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine.
Hi! from Tania
How are you? Feeling fit and fabulous, I hope! If you've been feeling anything but, perhaps some of the tips in this month's e-zine will help you turn things around.
I've had a wonderful week myself. Rick and I saw Wicked the Musical and attended an Adelaide Crows Football Club Dinner (which was better than their game last weeked right unti the end of the night). I took a Moroccan cooking class with my beautiful friend Anna, and last night I hosted an EFT event for Coach Week, sharing how to control all sorts of fears and phobias with EFT. If you couldn't make it, you can check out my new EFT website
for more information on this incredible technique.
I loved all the e-mails from chocolate lovers about last month's e-zine and especially liked 'What a YUMMY issue!'
Tania Basheer - Publisher
Living the dream e-zine
Feature: 10 Ways to Feel Fabulous Every Day
How would you like to feel fabulous every day? Wishful thinking, or is it within your grasp?
Whether it's moments of pleasure or more enduring personal satisfaction that you're craving, make some of these tips from Good Health Magazine a daily habit, and you'll soon feel more of what you desire:
- More connected: Plan on having some fun. Love coach Dr Gabrielle Morrissey says, 'Fun time together comes easily when you're first together, but later, it takes effort. But fun doesn't have to be spontaneous to inspire passion.' Research shows that spending more on leisure experiences is the only form of consumption that boosts happiness, so don't feel guilty about that night out or exotic holiday.
- More calm: Create a calming playlist and use tracks on your iPod or iPhone as a mini-meditation aid (anything down-tempo and relaxing - try Boards of Canada), or alternatively, download a fr.ee guided meditation app for your iPhone, like the Zen Timer 'bell', which 'dings' at set intervals.
- More energised:
Try a DIY 'daytox'. The one-day detox craze, which started in London, has plans to set up in New Zealand this year, followed by Sydney. An 'Urban Daytox' combines a juice fast and QiYoga with a lifestyle reassessment to offer a fast health overhaul. If you can't wait, try this DIY daytox, recommended by Urban Daytox's Evie Collins: 'Eat or juice raw vegetables and fruits (a cleansing, energising juice or a huge fruit salad for breakfast, and a salad or green smoothie for lunch and dinner). Connect mind and body with an hour's yoga or nature walk, and try our a mini-meditation. Take a salt bath to finish your cleanse and get to bed early.'
- More virtuous: Research shows that giving cash away can significantly boost your happiness. Philanthropy Australia suggests asking yourself the following before choosing a charity: 'What do you feel most strongly about? What is the problem you would most like to fix?'
- More creative: Sign up for an evening class to learn a new skill: how to tell a story, paint a landscape, or create authentic Thai (or in my case Moroccan) food. For course inspiration, log on to: www.courses.com.au. Studies show that learning also boosts happiness.
- More healthy: Kickstart your digestion first thing in the morning. Naturopath Mim Beim suggests mixing 'a teaspoon each of cider vinegar and manuka honey. Manuka honey is an immunity booster and antibacterial, so it's great for all-round health.' Or, try one healthy swap per day. Mim suggests switching your 'peanut butter on white toast for ricotta and mashed banana on sourdough. It will deliver lots of potassium and tryptophan which converts to seratonin, the feel-good neurotransmitter.'
- More rested: Dr. David Morawetz, a clinical psychologist specialising in sleep disorders says, 'I always advise people not to fall asleep in front of the TV. Think of it like going to a fancy restaurant - you wouldn't eat a block of chocolate before you walked in. A TV nap before bed takes the edge off your sleepiness, so that when you do go to bed, it's harder to drop off, and you're likely to sleep fitfully.'
- More happy: Try a massage to release the same feel-good chemicals (or endorphins) that flood your body after exercise.
- More productive: In an experiment conducted at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, workers who chatted got more done. Even small increases in team communication led to large productivity gains. This backs up findings of researchers from Sydney's University of Technology. Donna Rooney, who co-authored the report, says 'Informal conversations can be surprisingly productive and a useful way of disseminating information. They can also encourage greater self-expression than formal meetings.'
- More content: Go dancing! The focus dance requires interrupts negative thought patterns typical of depression. A German study of tango dancers found that they had lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol and increased testosterone after a session, which made them feel sexier.
More tips: 10 Ways to Create a More Balanced Lifestyle, 10 Ways to Boost Your Energy
, 10 Ways to Live Fearlessly, 10 Ways To Make Time for Your Life.
For more business and life coaching tips to help you achieve your goals and create and live the life you've always wanted, visit: www.blueskycoaching.com.au/ezine/index.php. To find out more about how you can work with me personally, visit:
www.blueskycoaching.com.au, or call me on 0411 471 941 or (08) 8338 3134 or e-mail me on
Next EFT Circle - Feel Good Again with EFT
Join me and the Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Special Interest Group (SIG) in our next monthly EFT Circle meeting.
Note: Please BYO water as we always do some hands-on EFT and it's essential to stay well hydrated when doing any energetic healing work.
When: Wednesday 15 June 2011
Topic: Feel Good Again with EFT
Whether you're going through a difficult time in your life, experiencing little joy, or perhaps suffering from depression, or SAD (seasonal adjustment disorder), EFT can help you manage your emotions and feel better.
Where: The Community Room of the Fullarton Park Community Centre, 411 Fullarton Rd, Fullarton SA
Time: 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm.
RSVP: By Monday 13 June to Tania at email@example.com or on 0411 471 941 if you'll be joining us, and/or if you'd like to be included on my EFT mailing list.
Our EFT Circles are for coaches, therapists and anyone else in the community interested in exploring EFT applications.
To learn this simple, proven technique from the comfort of your own home, or to work with me personally, visit my new EFT website: www.energytappingworkshop.com or call me on (08) 8338 3 134 or 0411 471 941 to discuss your needs.
Visited My New EFT Website Yet? Take a Look!
At long last, my new EFT website has gone live!
It's almost complete, so feel free to take a look around at: www.energytappingworkshop.com and let me know what you think. I'd love your feedback. I'll be regularly updating the site for upcoming EFT events, monthly competitions and the like.
Autumn Coaching Competition - Drawn Soon!
Enter now at: blueskycoaching.com.au/special.php for your chance to WIN a copy of my Energy Tapping Workshop Home Study Package, plus a 1:1 EFT session with me, i
n person or by telephone, valued at $197!
EFT is a powerful technique you can use virtually anywhere, anytime to:
- eliminate stress, anxiety, depression and panic attacks
- control your fears - of crowds, heights, flying, public speaking, spiders
- end your self-sabotaging and limiting beliefs and behaviours
- overcome procrastination
- improve your self-confidence and self-esteem
- subdue overwhelming feelings
- boost your sports performance
- recover from addictions and debilitating pain, including backache and migraine headaches
- and lose weight!
Break free from whatever is holding you back in life with EFT!
Easter Competition Winner: D. Bell
Next Month: 10 Ways to Improve Your Business Cashflow
I'm looking forward to attending the final Coach Week event in Adelaide tomorrow, 'Up Your Cashflow Seminar' with Dale Elliott, so next month I'll share some of his and my tips on ways to increase your business's cashflow.
Sponsors and Advertisements
Artistic License Gallery & Studio
Artistic License Gallery, located at 48 Melbourne Street, North Adelaide, holds monthly exhibitions with lively openings and informative speakers.
The Gallery has a large range of sculpture and paintings, jewellery by local designers plus much more.
Our current exhibition features paintings by Joanne Villani and Jim Duncan. Joanne's vibrant works fit perfectly in a contemporary home or office. Jim has created an interpretation of the outback with his unique style of painting.
Come in to the gallery to see these impressive works. Lay-by is available.
Gallery is open:
Tuesday - Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
Sunday 1 pm - 4 pm
48 Melbourne Street
North Adelaide SA 5006
Phone Julie Emery (08) 8367 0174
Home consultation/viewing to make the decision on your artworks much easier ... we love to help!
Body Life Balance
At Body Life Balance we use a therapy called bio-resonance which allows us to identify and treat the frequencies of stressors that impact on the body's health.
Body Life Balance can help with fatigue, viruses, food intolerances, digestive conditions, respiratory conditions, skin conditions, fungal infections, prevention or if you're just not feeling well.
For more information contact Kelly at the Body Life Balance Clinic on 0438 403 686 or visit our website: www.bodylifebalance.com.au.
0438 403 686
Body Life Balance Facebook Page
CROSSROADS SEMINARS - A fre.e talk created especially for people struggling with the after-effects of their relationship breakup.
The next Crossroads Seminars are on Tuesday 7 June 2011 (for women), and Thursday 23 June 2011 (for men), from 6 pm - 8 pm at Chancellor Finance, 102 Gilles Street, Adealide 5000.
Crossroads Seminars are presented by:
Martina Wilson - Australia's leading divorce recovery coach
Debra Hann - Certified financial planner
Patrick Black - Practising Family Law lawyer
When you attend Crossroads Seminars you will get:
- reliable financial and legal information
- a blueprint for how to move on with your life after your separation or divorce
- plenty of opportunity to ask questions of the participating professionals
- clarity around what your next step needs to be
- the chance to network with like-minded people in a safe and friendly environment
- light refreshments
This event is fre.e and seats are strictly limited so you need to book by calling (08) 8223 5121 or 0439 889 644 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid disappointment.
For more dates and times visit our website: www.crossroadsseminars.com.au
Dream BIG Workshop
Sunday, 5 June, 1 pm - 4 pm
In order to start living the life of your dreams you need to be clear on what your dreams are.
The Dream BIG workshop is a fabulous opportunity to re-ignite your imagination!
You will be inspired to reconnect to infinite possibility and start to create your own clear vision of what your ideal life will hold. A fun and interactive workshop where you'll gain clarity and insight into what your heart truly desires. Being part of this small group of like-minded people offers a wonderful and safe environment to share and be inspired by each other's BIG DREAMS.
This workshop runs over three hours and includes delicious nibbles and light refreshments.
Date: Sunday, 5 June 2011
Time: 1 pm - 4 pm
Where: Gawler, SA
Cost : $40
Secure your place online and find out more now at: jounaljunky.com.au/shop/dream-big
Reading this ad? Then why not place yours here. Do you have a product, service, workshop or special offer that you'd like to let hundreds of entrepreneurs, SOHO business owners, busy professionals and business executives know about? To find out more about advertising in this e-zine and to reserve your spot for next month, e-mail Tania your details today at email@example.com and include 'e-zine ad' in the subject line. As a subscriber to this e-zine, you can receive f.ree advertising, based on availability, if you submit your advertising copy to me by the 20th day of the month.
Advertising Disclaimer: Blue Sky Coaching does not endorse or represent the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements included above or the quality of goods, services or information obtained by you in connection with engaging the services of or purchasing goods from the above suppliers.